Thread: Comparisons & Ignorance

Last Online
    Thursday, October 8th, 2009 @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Death and the Sun View Post
    Well, not exactly. Only that the claim of the so-called "anti-racists" (who actually are the worse racists for hating their own race, and for thinking of the civilizationally challenged races as some sort of cute pets to be protected from the cruel real world outside), i.e. that "anti-racism" is some sort revolutionary new idea, comparable to the discoveries of great European scientists (whom, in other contexts, the same "anti-racists" no doubt have no problem with deriding as "racist, dead white men"), while in fact it is nothing of the sort -- merely the latest form of social pathology in a virtually endless string of similar lunacies. Not that I have any doubt that the msjority of people with a lick of sense in their brains are on our side, actually; even if it is not legal to say so at the moment.
    I don't know about Finland but I can tell you that from my experience no one will agree with you when you say all immigrants should be kicked out. Not to mention the other beliefs that are common place here.
    Perfection.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. - Ambrose Bierce

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 02:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I don't know about Finland but I can tell you that from my experience no one will agree with you when you say all immigrants should be kicked out. Not to mention the other beliefs that are common place here.
    In my country, most people would probably say that immigrants are fine as long as they assimilate to the host culture. Since many immigrants refuse to assimilate, however, the supposebly racist party Vlaams Belang still manages to get quite some support (>20% of the votes). This party is the only party that demands complete assimilation from immigrants. A party that demands immigrants to kicked out would probably be declared illegal.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlluSionSxxx View Post
    In my country, most people would probably say that immigrants are fine as long as they assimilate to the host culture. Since many immigrants refuse to assimilate, however, the supposebly racist party Vlaams Belang still manages to get quite some support (>20% of the votes). This party is the only party that demands complete assimilation from immigrants. A party that demands immigrants to kicked out would probably be declared illegal.
    Yes. They have to assimilate but if they don't, then that's just too bad and we have to "tolerate" it.
    Perfection.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, September 28th, 2008 @ 02:36 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysium
    [...]

It wasn't surprising that they brought up racism as well as a few MLK references. However, what I didn't expect (now I realise that it is quite fitting) was Galileo and heliocentrism. They even drew the comparison, and mixed it into the topic, that we are now more tolerant and less dismissive of people's beliefs (in this case heliocentrism).

Then, in the next paragraph he just went in to a rage of anti-racism.

It's not just him that does illogical things like this... it's everyone I know.

How can someone say that they're better than Galileo's time (and call those who rejected heliocentrism as fools and close-minded) when they do the exact same thing with everything they're told to not believe in; which, in this case was racism as I said, and to a lesser extent sexism.

The only reason why they'd not compare those two, in my mind, would be that they don't care and that their minds are only build to take beliefs from others and to never anaylse them.

Sad world.
    Self-substantiation occurs via psychological egoism. The authoritarian conscience which then develops, especially when justified by post-structuralist epistemological assumptions (or those ideas effective as an economic force), is reinforced by cognitive dissonance.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Talan View Post
    Self-substantiation occurs via psychological egoism. The authoritarian conscience which then develops, especially when justified by post-structuralist epistemological assumptions (or those ideas effective as an economic force), is reinforced by cognitive dissonance.
    I had to look up a few words to understand what was said there!

Yes, that is what I was thinking. But I want to know why people don't have the insight to comprehend what they're doing?
    Perfection.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 03:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post

Ehh ... actually I don't have any reason to wish for ALL immigrants to be expelled, no matter what. My wife is an immigrant to this country herself. I'm not opposed to immigration always and absolutely.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Death and the Sun View Post
    Ehh ... actually I don't have any reason to wish for ALL immigrants to be expelled, no matter what. My wife is an immigrant to this country herself. I'm not opposed to immigration always and absolutely.
    What I meant is full-blown immigrants (i.e. alien culture/tradition/etc., usually due to the immigrant being "non-white").
    Perfection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12