Thread: Swedes: Natural Born Rulers?

Senior Member Soldier of Wodann's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    One could just as easily say the same thing for any Germanics. Heres an example:

Russia, a non Germanic country, has historically had many Germanic leaders. Italy has also been controlled by Germanics, as has Spain, Portugal, France, Poland, etc. etc. I think its fair to say most prominent European Monarchs were indeed Germanic, or partially so.

We are born to fight and to die and to continue the Flow
    The Flow of our People

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.

Last Online
    Monday, March 12th, 2012 @ 02:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Northwest Europe
    Subrace
    Dalo-Faelid w/ Bruenn
    Country
    Other Other
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    student
    Politics
    Representative Town Meeting
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leof View Post
    (Not an ego thread)The minority of Swedes in Finland hold a fair number of seats in office.
    I had a class with a Finn who only spoke Swedish (very E-B but I digress) and he said that where he lives in Finland it is considered "inferior" to speak Finnish instead of Swedish. That just shows you the system in place that has been in that country ever since Sweden owned it. Very interesting.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 12th, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkar View Post
    I had a class with a Finn who only spoke Swedish (very E-B but I digress) and he said that where he lives in Finland it is considered "inferior" to speak Finnish instead of Swedish. That just shows you the system in place that has been in that country ever since Sweden owned it. Very interesting.
    He must have been from a region that is mostly inhabited by Swedish speakers. Those are not many; only few hillbilly municipalities in western Finland.

My colleagues at my current working place are some 70% Swedish, either bilingual or unilingual, but the working language is Finnish. As for the average looks of Swedish speakers at my work, they don't look any different from the Finnish speakers, except few darker, Alpin(o)id individuals who also are unilingually Swedish.

As for how "ruling" is divided, majority of the superior officials are Finnish speakers.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There is hope for Sweden with the growing nationalist movement. I'm tired of the doomsday prophecy ranting that is always going on about Sweden in particular. The Netherlands and the U.S.A. are doing quite bad too, I'd say worse, but you rarely if ever hear people rant the way you do in this thread about it. To me, it is a depressing sight, but I know that there's a good deal of psychological projection involved.
    God expects but one thing of you,
    and that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being made
    and let God be God in you.

Meister Eckhart

Do U believe in God? | Svensk förskola | Vem äger media? | CA ban on mom & dad | Birth control causes breast cancer

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDexterWard View Post
    There is hope for Sweden with the growing nationalist movement. I'm tired of the doomsday prophecy ranting that is always going on about Sweden in particular. The Netherlands and the U.S.A. are doing quite bad too, I'd say worse, but you rarely if ever hear people rant the way you do in this thread about it. To me, it is a depressing sight, but I know that there's a good deal of psychological projection involved.
    It might be that Sweden's situation looks worse than Netherlands for example, because Sweden is more sparsely populated but all the mud is concentrated on cities. It's the same thing in Netherlands I suppose, but Netherlands is more urbanized.

But there is no denying that Sweden's direction IS straight to Hell. According to statistics, it won't take long after native Swedes are the biggest ethnic minority in Sweden. And then, not even the biggest.... Even if the nationalist movement is growing strongly, would that help to correct things back like they were in let's say 50's? My opinion is, not without breaking loads of eggs, if you know what I mean... And certain powers like UN, NATO and such will most certainly intervene, in similar manner Serbs were beaten in their homelands last decade.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissu View Post
    It might be that Sweden's situation looks worse than Netherlands for example, because Sweden is more sparsely populated but all the mud is concentrated on cities. It's the same thing in Netherlands I suppose, but Netherlands is more urbanized.

But there is no denying that Sweden's direction IS straight to Hell. According to statistics, it won't take long after native Swedes are the biggest ethnic minority in Sweden. And then, not even the biggest.... Even if the nationalist movement is growing strongly, would that help to correct things back like they were in let's say 50's? My opinion is, not without breaking loads of eggs, if you know what I mean... And certain powers like UN, NATO and such will most certainly intervene, in similar manner Serbs were beaten in their homelands last decade.
    Fine, you can keep me grumpy then. You don't need to educate me about what's going on in Sweden as if I was in some kind of denial. It's all OT btw, for if you think that this means that Swedes are natural born loosers, which is what someone else said in this thread, well, FCOL this is a Germanic forum and I'll say no more!
    and that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being made

Meister Eckhart

Do U believe in God? | Svensk förskola | Vem äger media? | CA ban on mom & dad | Birth control causes breast cancer

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 06:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My opinion is, not without breaking loads of eggs, if you know what I mean... And certain powers like UN, NATO and such will most certainly intervene, in similar manner Serbs were beaten in their homelands last decade.
    I know that Norway relies quite significantly on NATO for protection; does Sweden too? If so it'd be difficult to make any moves. In a way it is unfortunate that these countries are in this situation. Even if it were politically feasible for them to instantiate changes, is there enough of a will amongst the general populace and members of the establishment to move things forward?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDexterWard View Post
    Fine, you can keep me grumpy then. You don't need to educate me about what's going on in Sweden as if I was in some kind of denial. It's all OT btw, for if you think that this means that Swedes are natural born loosers, which is what someone else said in this thread,
    I have not said that Swedes are natural born losers, you said that.

well, FCOL this is a Germanic forum and I'll say no more!
    Lol, so I am not alllowed to state my opinion then, in this forum?

Just tell me, where I have stated anything anti-Germanic in this thread, or elsewhere on thealthing? Just to let you know, criticizing the current situation of Sweden is not an anti-Swedish (or anti-Germanic) thing to do. First and foremostly I'm utterly worried for the crappy situation of a neighbour.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have not said that Swedes are natural born losers, you said that.

Lol, so I am not alllowed to state my opinion then, in this forum?
    LOOOOOOOOOL, you are trolling, and here you go (since you're too lazy to read up):

Quote Originally Posted by Death and the Sun View Post
    Natural Born Losers is more like it, I'm afraid.

I swear it brings me no pleasure to say this, but not saying it will not make the reality of the matter go away:

All Althing members who were born in ther late 60's or later can expect tthe see the collapse of Sweden as it is curretly known. This WILL happen, through a mathematical and demographic certainly.

Meister Eckhart

Last Online
    Friday, February 29th, 2008 @ 12:42 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SineNomine View Post
    I know that Norway relies quite significantly on NATO for protection; does Sweden too?
    Sweden relies upon ghosts of Finns who fought for her while her men took
    it easy. Besides, war is declared a bad thing in Sweden and therefore it can not occur. But seriuosly, since when did Viking Kings need protection? Ha!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast