radical democracy
    Religion
    atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The statistical invisibility of Islamist 'terrorism' in Europe

I came across this report on terrorism in europe the other day and thought it deserved an airing in the Althing.

What with all the anti muslim/neocon promoting daily telegraph posts here I thought that some balance was needed. This study by european police forces concerns terrorist activity/attacks in Europe generally and highlights some startling facts on the subject.

When we consider the war on terror has so far manifested itself as a muslim bash , the reaction to western invasions of muslim countries in terms of retaliatory attacks in europe is not in proportion to the perceived threat the mainstream media would have us believe.

What stories the media decide to cover obviously has a huge sway on the public opinion.

Example;

I was watching channel five news and it had two reports from Afghanistan .

The first started with two stories. An attack by Nato forces which killed 13 people ( 11 members of one family ) and a taliban bombing.

So what do they decide to cover after mentioning the two incidents ?

Correct !! The taliban bombing.

This " bombing " consisted of an very small ( explosion is too stronger term ) bang in wasteland outside of a village just as Afghan police and a camera crew with reporter where there.
    The " police " ran towards it and fired shots into the bushes claiming that they " thought they saw " someone running away. Nobody was injured let alone killed .

The second report the following evening concerned the building of a golf course near Kabul. eyes:

I'm sure there are much more important stories to cover but their coverage may bring a danger of raising compassion , instead of instilling fear , in western audiences.

Anyway, here's what europol have to say about terrorist attacks in europe

The statistical invisibility of Islamist 'terrorism' in Europe
    Wednesday, 23 May 2007

Europol LogoNew figures from Europol, the European police agency, reveal that Islamist terror attacks in Europe constituted 0.2% or all 'terrorism' throughout the continent in 2006.* Unsurprisingly, there has been little in the media about this interesting figure in the month since it was published.

In their first report of this nature - European Terrorism Situation and Trend Report 2007 - Europol reports that across the EU there were 498 terrorist attacks in 2006. These include
    more......

http://www.spinwatch.org/content/view/4236/29/

I don't think the Telegraph will be giving this too much coverage , if any.
    But ya never know

Last Online
    Saturday, June 28th, 2008 @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I remember reading a long report by europol about this.
    Despite in their own statistics it looming far lower than other kinds of terrorism they played it up to get extra funding I guess because its the "in" thing right now.

The temptation to use that topic-of-the-dayness of it for my own agendas is quite strong I find. I think its counterproductive though. Islamist terrorism and culture clashes are only loosely related.
    A* I’m a dreadful reactionary, Mrs. Helena. I don’t like this progress one bit.
    H* Like Nana.
    A* Yes, like Nana. Does Nana have a prayer book?
    H* A big fat one.
    A* And are there prayers in it for various occurrences in life? Against storms? Against illness?
    H* Against temptation, against floods -
    A* But not against progress, I suppose?
    H* > I think not.
    A* That’s a shame.

Last Online
    Monday, March 8th, 2010 @ 09:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    celtic
    Country
    England England
    radical democracy
    Religion
    atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sophia View Post
    I remember reading a long report by europol about this.
    Yep , if you google the full title you will find the full report.

I just thought by posting the whole report ( a few hundred pages ) the simple statistics ( and the resultant conclusion ) may have become lost in the mountain of words.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Depends on what is classified as 'terrorism'

If you included all the murders, rapes, robberies, assaults ect committed by muslims which terrorizes the indigenous European people to move out of the cities which they and their ancestors constructed, the number would be much higher
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTheVistula View Post

If you included all the murders, rapes, robberies, assaults ect committed by muslims which terrorizes the indigenous European people to move out of the cities which they and their ancestors constructed, the number would be much higher
    Indeed, also the major treat comming from the muslim world is more demografic and culteral in nature and less in the form of suicide-bombings.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    celtic
    Country
    England England
    radical democracy
    Religion
    atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am glad you raised this point.

Not many people in the west would accept ( or have accepted ) the state terrorism by their own governments inflicted upon other nations.

Well I think these acts would , rightly , be considered as crime rather than terrorism. Rapists don't rape people to further a political agenda eyes:

Infact , your advocating the use of crime statistics in this way has more in common with terrorism than you might believe.

Maybe you could provide some statistics to back up your assumed claim that muslims are somehow more likely to commit the crimes you mention than any other section of society ?

White people I suppose don't rape , rob or murder people so when they are forced to live with muslims ( who do in your opinion ) they are " terrorized " and move as a result.

The demonisation ( terrorists ) of Islam in the west runs concomitantly with the Neocon agenda , imo , hence the importance of the statistical evidence to the contrary found in the report

The really successful terrorists , I feel , are a lot closer to home than many in the west believe hence my posting of the initial report

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/02...weden-and.html

According to Swedish Radio on Tuesday, statistics from Sweden’s National Council for Crime Prevention show that the number of reported rapes against children is on the rise. The figures have nearly doubled in the last ten years: 467 rapes against children under the age of 15 were reported in 2004 compared with 258 in 1995. Legal proceedings continue this week in a case involving a 13 year old girl from Motala who was said to have been subjected to a group rape by four men. (Note: These four men were Kurdish Muslims, who raped the girl for hours and even took photos of doing so)

The number of rape charges per capita in Malmö is 5 – 6 times that of Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen is a larger city, but the percentage of immigrants is much lower. And it’s not just the rape statistics that reveal a scary increase in Malmö or Sweden. Virtually every kind of violent crime is on the rise. Robberies have increased with 50 % in Malmö only during the fall of 2004. Threats against witnesses in Swedish court cases have quadrupled between 2000 and 2003. During the past few decades, massive immigration has changed the face of Sweden’s major cities, as well as challenged the viability of the welfare state. In 1970 Sweden had the fourth highest GDP per capita among developed countries with income about 6% above the OECD average. By 1997 it was at fifteenth place with an average GDP per capita 14% below average. Malmö has a heavy concentration of Muslim immigrants in particular. According to some estimates, it will be a Muslim majority city in no more then 10 years. Crime is rampant in the growing ghettos:

If one leading expert is to be believed, the sharp rise in the number of rapes in this over the last 5 years is largely attributable to a group of unemployed and alienated immigrants. 'Over the last 5-10 years there has an increasing tendency to marginalise and alienate immigrants,' says Professor Flemming Balvig, a criminologist at Copenhagen University. 'As a result, many second generation immigrants have reacted against this through various types of criminal activity, including rape.'

Muslim rape concern

Alarmed at last week's police statistics, which revealed that in 68% of all rapes committed this year the perpetrator was from an ethnic minority, leading Muslim organisations have now formed an alliance to fight the ever-growing problem of young second and third-generation immigrants involved in rape cases against young Danish girls.

As Robert Spencer has demonstrated, rape can indeed be linked to Islamic teachings of Jihad, and even to the example of Muhammad himself, his Sunna. Above all, it is connected to Islamic notions of the role of women in society, and their behaviour in the public sphere. An Islamic Mufti in Copenhagen sparked a political outcry after publicly declaring that women who refuse to wear headscarves are "asking for rape." Apparently, he isn’t the only Muslim in Europe to think this way:

Rape charges in the capital are spiraling upwards, 40 percent higher from 1999 to 2000 and up 13 percent so far this year. Police Inspector Gunnar Larsen of Oslo's Vice, Robbery and Violent crime division says the statistics are surprising - the rising number of rape cases and the link to ethnic background are both clear trends. But Larsen does not want to speculate on the reasons behind the worrying developments. While 65 percent of those charged with rape are classed as coming from a non-western background, this segment makes up only 14.3 percent of Oslo's population. Norwegian women were the victims in 80 percent of the cases, with 20 percent being women of foreign background.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Well I think these acts would , rightly , be considered as crime rather than terrorism. Rapists don't rape people to further a political agenda

White people I suppose don't rape , rob or murder people so when they are forced to live with muslims ( who do in your opinion ) they are " terrorized " and move as a result.
    The effect is essentially the same. Not only does the crime rate rise drastically when a population of 3rd worlders moves into the area, but also political pressure to not enforce laws against crime grows. Most people simply see themselves as having no choice but to move out of a high-crime area rather than stick around with a high chance of being a crime victim and low chance that police will effectively investigate the crime.
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    celtic
    Country
    England England
    radical democracy
    Religion
    atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I notice you neglected to comment on the state terrorism I mentioned in the post, but that doesn't come as a suprise. Many people in the west choose to ignore the fact that the war on terror has greatly increased the risk of terrorism from Islamic extremists. Something that the governments of the west ( mainly the US and UK ) are well aware of and obviously see as an acceptable side effect in their promotion of world domination .

Not worth mentioning in a debate on terrorism , especially with regard to Islamic terrorists ?

Instead , you have decided to comment on the social problems brought on by mass immigration which , imo , is a whole different thread. Feel free to start one , it's a big issue. But for the sake of clarity it would be better to stick to the definition of terrorism as it is normally interpreted ie indiscriminate acts of violence against peoples designed to further political agendas

So to crime.......... which definately deserves it's own thread.......

The effect is essentially the same. Not only does the crime rate rise drastically when a population of 3rd worlders moves into the area,
    Most " third worlders " are imported ( as cheap/extra labour) into areas already high in crime statistics and with long standing social problems. It should therefore come as no suprise to find that their introduction to these places is accompanied by an upsurge in crime.

The author of the article you posted even stated that in his opinion the muslim crime figures were in reaction to marginalisation of immigrants.

Couple this with the opportunity for countries who are the source of migrant workers/immigrants to empty their jails in the process ( remember Castro ) no wonder we are seeing the resulting domestic crime figures go through the roof.

but also political pressure to not enforce laws against crime grows.
    I would imagine the only people who would apply " political pressure to not enforce laws " are the ones who are gaining from the competition offered by immigrant workers. They have considerable political clout too

Most people simply see themselves as having no choice but to move out of a high-crime area rather than stick around with a high chance of being a crime victim and low chance that police will effectively investigate the crime.
    If we consider that most areas set aside as suitable immigrant worker locations , as I have already stated , are the poorer working class districts of cities ( though not in every case ) whos populations are used to high rates of crime and poor social conditions should we be shocked by the results of adding a further strain on such places ?

Incidentally , most people who live in these areas are prevented from moving out by financial constraints but given the chance would have moved out long before the recent problems caused by mass immigration.

Anyway, as I said I think this debate deserves its own place , but would appreciate you airing any views you may have on the terrorism I was refering to earlier

Last Online
    Monday, February 18th, 2008 @ 04:49 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Islamist terrorism was "statistically invisible" in America until WTC collapsed. Muslims are a threat to national security in all Western countries and they should be deported. All of them.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    celtic
    Country
    England England
    radical democracy
    Religion
    atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassenpapst View Post
    Islamist terrorism was "statistically invisible" in America until WTC collapsed.
    Very true , which also confirms the view that western government state terrorism abroad leads to retaliatory attacks at home.

Muslims are a threat to national security in all Western countries and they should be deported. All of them.
    Indeed , which makes it all the more curious why our governments see fit to import them into our countries in such numbers. Maybe the need for cheap labour overrides the potential risk posed by them with regards to terrorism

Which leaves us with the question who poses the greater threat to national security , muslims or our own governments actions and interactions with them ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast