91 60.26%
  • The Low Germans are Dutch

23 15.23%
  • Neither

26 17.22%
  • Other

11 7.28%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Dutch Low German or Are the Low Germans Dutch? / Should the Netherlands Join Germany?

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: AW: Re : Re: Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnaroek
    Hello?
    The Question of the Thread was: Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?
    Not Italy or what ever you mean!

Yes, the thread title is another, you're right ; although, it's almost impossible not creating other difficult interrogatives on the subject. Sussissarri is a bit off-topic perhaps, but his observation is relevant for sure (and it's a natural consequence of a similar debate).

Netherlands part of the Reich ? Germans and dutch have to give the final answer obviously. My personal opinion like external observer is "yes". Commonance of culture, similar language, etc.

However, about the previous point, the problem still is open : If the netherland can be part of Reich, then why not scandinavia ? They're germanic too. Probably the REAL question is : "Can ALL germanic populations be part of a unique great Reich ? " And even more ambiguous, what mean exactly germanic ? A simple question but not so clear sometimes : if we mean CULTURALLY , then yes, i know what means and which countries are germanics and which not. If we mean other than cultural, well, the things could be VERY complicated......................

Last Online
    Saturday, March 24th, 2007 @ 05:53 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    France France
    Family
    Having a longtime companion
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Nationalist & Preservationnist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re : Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?

I think that Dutch and Flemish people should freely choose whether they want to remain independent or to join a greater German(ic) political entity (by way of a referendum or something similar, elections, ...).

Anyway, what is the opinion of the average Dutch or Flemish ? I doubt that many of them are in favour of such a move (from what I have read here and there), but I am perhaps mistaken...
    The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

- Otto Von Bismarck

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 01:37 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Overijssel Overijssel
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Lay back down
    Politics
    Blut & Boden
    Religion
    Not sure anymore
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Post Re: Re : Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?

Theobald....And what do you think what is the reason why the common Dutch and Flemish citizin has an lack of national proudness? Everything is to blame on our leftwinged government and its press and media. Thats why I give my children an nationalistic education and no one, not even bloody queen Beatrix herself can prevent me for doing that. The children are our future.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trønder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?

Quote Originally Posted by agnar
    So, you dont believe in it, much many others do.
    A highly exaggerated statement.

Flanders independent, probably and unfortanatly without Brussels. Do you really think an independent Flanders will survive for long? hey, why dont you give limburg not its independent?
    Why not? Our socio-econmical situation is much better than that of the netherlands. And besides that we have an average population of 7 million, ireland for example has 5 million inhabitants. And yes i see it in a federal context, so i would give regions like limburg (both dutch and flemish because i believe in a frankish foundation for the flemish state) more economic, political and cultural independence in a independent flemish state. The reason for this is that socio-cultural and political-economic similar regions and situations should be given a great amount of possibilities to preserve their heritage. I speak about real germanic cultural, racial, and spiritual preservation. And like it or not imperialistic thoughts like "großdeutschland" don't preserve anything. The destroy and will work only by brute force.

Anyone who denies the German claims on the lost regions, and anyone who denies the Diets claims on certain parts of Wallonia and Northern France, is not an real pan-Germanic, and certainly not an friend of the German-Dutch people and culture.
    No problem. Im not even in the largest sense a pan-germanic nationalist. I simply don't believe in the concept. Its destructive for the many diverse traditional cultures within this so called großdeutschland.
    Last edited by Waarnemer; Friday, August 26th, 2005 at 04:54 PM.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post AW: Re: Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?

Quote Originally Posted by TseBbe
    And like it or not imperialistic thoughts like "großdeutschland" don't preserve anything.
    I see you are not very smart.
    "Großdeutschland" is the name of an unified Germany and has nothing to do with imperialism.

Its destructive for the many diverse traditional cultures within this so called großdeutschland.
    Last time I checked, the diverse cultures within Germany were preserved quite well.
    Tolerance is a proof of distrust in one's own ideals. Friedrich Nietzsche

Last Online
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trønder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zyklop
    I see you are not very smart.
    "Großdeutschland" is the name of an unified Germany and has nothing to do with imperialism.
    Perhaps it's because you live in poland that you don't know the situation of the ethnic group you claim to belong to. A "unified germany" is in my opinion just as imperialistic as a "unified netherland". And with that i even include the present federal republic of germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Theobald
    I'll wager there are many German nationalists who do not even want to be part of the present state
    I spoke on Voorpost meetings in flanders with NPD members who agree on this. Sure that's not the way of the NPD but who cares? Power hunger that's the problem with guys like you. You don't give a damn for preservation.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post AW: Re: Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?

Perhaps it's because you live in poland
    bwhaahaha
    that you don't know the situation of the ethnic group you claim to belong to. A "unified germany" is in my opinion just as imperialistic as a "unified netherland". And with that i even include the present federal republic of germany.
    Most moronic statement ever
    Tolerance is a proof of distrust in one's own ideals. Friedrich Nietzsche

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A "unified germany" is in my opinion just as imperialistic as a "unified netherland". And with that i even include the present federal republic of germany.
    Why? Because the various regions of Germany and the Netherlands have somewhat different tribal pasts? If so, what justifies the unification of Flanders as opposed to the unification of Germany or the Netherlands?

Last Online
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trønder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried
    Why? Because the various regions of Germany and the Netherlands have somewhat different tribal pasts? If so, what justifies the unification of Flanders as opposed to the unification of Germany or the Netherlands?
    Our history. Besides that flanders is already united. And i'm not even going to begin to talk about the differences in mentality between the dutch and the flemish. The closeness in mentality of the flemish people, the burgundian way of life, the politeness, the difference in values etc... There are differences on the historical, scientific, religious, cultural and artistic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyklop
    Most moronic statement ever
    You really blow me away. I am overwhelmed by the depth in your arguments.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 24th, 2007 @ 05:53 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    France France
    Family
    Having a longtime companion
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Nationalist & Preservationnist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re : Re: Re : Are the Netherlands part of Großdeutschland?

Theobald....And what do you think what is the reason why the common Dutch and Flemish citizin has an lack of national proudness? Everything is to blame on our leftwinged government and its press and media.
    I don't think the common Flemish has a lack of national pride, quite the opposite in fact; thanks to the Walloons and problems with Francophones. As for Dutch people... Yes, you're right of course. PC parties, press, medias, ... The same as in whole North-Western Europe.
    But I don't get your point, there is a difference between being proud of being Flemish/Dutch and wanting to join a "Greater Germany". A Flemish can be proud of his "Flemishness", and - precisely because of that - want to remain independent.

Thats why I give my children an nationalistic education and no one, not even bloody queen Beatrix herself can prevent me for doing that. The children are our future.
    I can't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsebbe
    A "unified germany" is in my opinion just as imperialistic as a "unified netherland".
    That depends actually. An unified Germany only including people who want to be part of it (most likely current BRD, Austria and some other little lands such as Luxembourg) would not be imperialistic. Same goes for unified Netherlands - if Flemish people want to join it.
    Imperialism begins when one includes people who do not want to be part of one's entity (f.e. Alsace-Moselle in 1940) or expels people from their lands (f.e. Ethnic Germans in Poland and Sudeten in 1945)
    The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

- Otto Von Bismarck

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast