View Poll Results: Ladies Are Wealth and Power Important To You?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 15.38%
  • No

15 57.69%
  • Other Opinion

7 26.92%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Do You Go For Wealth and Power?

Last Online
    Thursday, April 23rd, 2009 @ 08:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Irish, Dutch, German
    Country
    United States United States
    Piecrust promises,easily broken
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Yep. We women want a decent guy to treat us right and protect us, which translates to wealth and power. But you forgot one important thing, he's gotta be handsome too.
    i feel that when a woman thinks about having a family and settling down.. naturally 'financial status' comes to mind. desirable to me might not be desirable to most women. i feel a strong and confident man with a good work ethic and values will bring success. as a woman i understand that i too should be strong and have a good work ethic. bringing the most i can to the table to provide nothing but the best. so why not work together as 'a couple' and earn your wealth as a team? eh fudge it.. let's just all be gold diggers!! jk..
    this brings up another question. What about the arranged marriages? when a womans family only wants her to marry into a wealthy family.. Eff that!

ps..only stupid people are breeding
    (great song, btw)

So scratch everything i said... lmao!
    FOUND this at askmen.com and foound it quite interesting.

The male sex drive is uncomplicated and honest. Men are visual. The hot-blooded sexual response to the sight of a good-looking young woman has been hard-wired into the male brain thanks to millions of years of evolution -- the average guy can no more stop ogling, lusting and urging to merge than he can stop eating or sleeping.

But what about women? Just what do they find attractive about men? Read any typical survey and you'll be informed that what really turns them on is a sense of humor, confidence, consideration of others, etc. In other words, according to women, all you have to do is to be a nice guy and they'll come running.
    reality check time
    Never listen to what a woman says -- always pay attention to what she actually does instead. The two are quite frequently worlds apart, because women are masters at self-deceit and equally adept at lying to themselves about their own behavior.

Cross-cultural evidence from different societies consistently reveals that what women really want from men are economic resources. Studies with college coeds show that when shown photographs of men dressed in high-status uniforms (suits, ties, expensive watches, etc.) and low-status uniforms, these women would be significantly more willing to enter into relationships with the more expensively-attired males regardless of the man's physical appearance .

To a woman, attraction is simple: green is very good-looking. And these same studies found that college men were convinced that magnifying their status (implying greater earning power) would lead to increased sexual activity.

Thus men were forced to rely on such attraction tactics as driving expensive cars, bragging about accomplishments, and emphasizing present or future earning power, while women, on the other hand, packaged themselves as commodities with make-up, jewelry, hairstyles, and shape-revealing clothing.

Evolution says women want more sex, not money

talkin' about an evolution
    Evolutionary psychologists like Dr. David Buss believe that present-day mate selection behaviors were founded in the Stone Age. Buss' recent survey of over 10,000 people in 37 countries, on six continents, reports that men consistently prize physical attraction and youth in their potential mates, while women value ambition, status, and financial resources.

In evolutionary terms, men seek out sexually desirable females whose youthful features indicate good health and the ability to bear children, while women look for mates with abundant enough resources to provide for their children.

So does this mean that women are genetically programmed to seek out only high-status men with lots of money and resources, and to disdain more average guys with lesser earning power -- that what women really go for is that big bulge in a man's pants (his wallet)?

women want sex too
    Enter Dr. Tim Birkhead of the University of Sheffield (England), author of the ground-breaking Promiscuity: An Evolutionary History of Sperm Competition . With research spanning the broad spectrum of the animal kingdom, Birkhead discovered that female promiscuity -- that is, females having sex with multiple partners, sometimes regardless of their resources or status -- is the norm rather than the exception.

In fact, females of most species, from damselflies to penguins, routinely copulate with several different mates. And this is especially true among the higher mammals, such as chimpanzees and bonobos, with whom humans share approximately 99% of DNA.

According to Jane Goodall ( The Chimpanzees of Gombe ), a female chimp may mate with different males of her group as many as 50 times a day, (wow, and here i thought i was the only one, LOL Jk!) and will actively seek out low-status chimps from other bands for even more sexual encounters. (what a whore!) :p

And bonobos, who act and appear even more similar to humans than chimps, are the real swingers of the animal kingdom -- they participate in virtual gang-bangs and sex (even lesbian sex) solely for the sake of pleasure.

so why the money angle?
    Of course, for women the implications are staggering. According to Birkhead, human females are genetically programmed to be promiscuous. And if Birkhead is right -- that we share common evolutionary behavior with chimps and bonobos -- this means that women should be attracted to and willing to have sex with men regardless of status. (status never seemed to matter in the past, for me anyway.) Women should not be using dating and marriage as a business.

Yet in human society, women are still selling it and men are still forced to pay for it.

Why?

Because women think with their vaginas -- that is, they use their awesome sexual power to control, manipulate, and get what they want from men. And men let them get away with it. (hehehe)

But in this day and age of equal rights, when women are earning excellent incomes and claim that they have no need for men to support them any more (but still hypocritically expect men to pay for them), maybe it's time for women to finally be honest.

Maybe it's time for women to jettison the manipulative greed, which so characterizes their gender, and seek out men of any status, as apparently nature has intended. Maybe it's time for women to start having sex for the sake of enjoyment instead of cold-bloodedly using it as a tool to feather their own nests.the choice is yours
    Men, you have two choices: either continue on as financial slaves and sacrifice your manhood on the altar of female greed; or stand up for yourselves right now -- refuse to be sex-ploited any longer. (hahahahaha i love it!)

Then maybe, just maybe, women can be as nature intended: sexually honest, like men.

Matthew Fitzgerald is the author of Sex-Ploytation. He has appeared on radio shows from coast-to-coast in the United States and in Canada, and has been featured on the Montel show and The Other Half.

Resources:
    http://observer.guardian.co.uk
    www.blockbonobofoundation.org
    http://songweaver.com
    http://psychology.unn.ac.uk
    http://vienna-doctor.com
    www.sfu.ca

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefjon View Post
    Yep. We women want a decent guy to treat us right and protect us, which translates to wealth and power. But you forgot one important thing, he's gotta be handsome too.
    I disagree with the bolded statement. The character traits of decency, protectiveness and consideration do most definitely exist in men without wealth and power. In addition, I don't think a man's role as head of the household has anything to do with his earning potential; it's really more of a spiritual model, at least in Catholicism.

Anyways, I voted no in the poll back in 2008.
    Let us not desire delights, daughters; we are well-off here; the bad inn lasts for only a night.
    -St. Teresa of Avila

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Munchkin
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/Irish/French
    Ancestry
    England/Ireland/France
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gemini
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Deli Shift Leader/Manager
    Politics
    Centrist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    No.

Personally I go for confident, masculine men who know what they want and go for it, including the women they take a serious interest in.

Together honest, loving couples can build a personalized world of happiness for each other without concentrating on material wealth and social power.

Wealth and power alone attract those who are mainly interested in their own personal prosperity.
    Not all in life is at it appears to be.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LillyCaterina For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts
    LOL. I guess at yesterday night one Finn guy tried to make a hit with me by mentioned his car. Did't work ... really.
    Especially as I had no clue what kind of ''American car'' it was. LOL.

There are many other things than money/wealthy. My parents are higher middle class (not rich).... and just a same type of family lives fits me very well. Plus I'm doing my part to reach that. After that ... it is other things which determini am I happy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Geto-Dacian & German (Moldova, Transylvania, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    ins mr
    Politics
    Vlkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    LOL. I guess at yesterday night one Finn guy tried to make a hit with me by mentioned his car. Did't work ... really.
    Especially as I had no clue what kind of ''American car'' it was. LOL.
    Haha, so there are snobs like that in Finland too? The same in many countries I suppose...

Also, I saw some men voted in this poll as well, haha.

NO, I don't go for wealth and power, I go for LOVE first of all... (as long as I am in love too, of course)

Wealth and power are just an illusion, they can be lost in an instant... While true LOVE is supposed to last forever... I love the SOUL of people, the SOUL which is eternal... All that is only in the physical world will disappear, sooner or later, is just ephemeral (including our physical bodies, of course)... We get older, we won't look the same in a couple of years... and then we die... So what is life worth living for?
    Die Farben duften frisch und grn... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vlfr For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Donauschwaben
    Subrace
    Keltic nordid/Alpinid
    State
    Danube Swabian Community Danube Swabian Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Mad scientist
    Politics
    Politically incorrect
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlfr View Post
    I go for LOVE first of all... (as long as I am in love too, of course)

Wealth and power are just an illusion, they can be lost in an instant... While true LOVE is supposed to last forever...

This can also be tricky. Love is something that takes a lot of time, effort and sacrifice... it doesn't just fall from the sky. It takes years to develop.
    Lieber tot als Sklave!

Grand Member
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,392 Posts
    I'm sorry, could someone please clarify for me what the difference is between women who "go for wealth and power" and whores?

I accept that the latter (in the traditional sense) have far more sexual partners (with all of the social stigma that this entails) but isn't the ultimate objective exactly the same?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    The problem is probably that, in approaching these issues, we depend on a strict division of internal and external characteristics. Wealth, power, looks etc. are considered to be external qualities and therefore going for wealth and power is deemed superficial. On the other hand, to focus on internal qualities of character is considered a sign of true love. At least in practice (ontologically speaking it is a different discussion) this division is false. This is because in approaching a (possible) partner the only things we can have knowledge about are external qualities. Internal qualities, such as good character, only manifest themselves by external means, such as speech or acts of love. We can have knowledge about these acts and assume they originate in an internal character and are a sincere expression of that character. But this we cannot verify, because the only knowledge we gain about this character is by way of external acts. Put simply: we can be deceived. Someone can act in a very caring and loving way, but it might be just that, an act that has a different aim than true love. It is a problem that directly relates to the principle of love itself: in love two souls strive to be one, but this will never be realized. The tragic nature of this is very well described by L.F. Clauss as a typical tragedy of the nordic soul. Two individual souls trying to get nearer, but they can never close enough, because they aren't one but two.
    So the only thing we can do in finding love is to focus on these external qualities. As such, there is no division between an act of love or wealth, power or looks. All of them are external qualities that can help us in trying to gain knowledge about the internal characteristics of the person we approach, even though we will never be able to verify whether our judgement was right. That's why the notion of 'trust' is so important. It bridges the gap between our epistemic limits and our desire for unity with the other individual. That is also why broken trust is such a terrible thing. So women going for wealth and power are not necessarily superficial. Neither are men who go for good looks. In some sort of naivety we hold on to such things, hoping they tell us more about the individual in front of us. Like Jger said in a post earlier, wealth and power can be an expression of social status. And social status can be an expression of good or valuable character. Only when someone is consciously focused on external realities and is completely indifferent to whether they express inner character or not, do we enter the realm of prostitution or golddiggerism, which is basically the same.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernhard For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 06:48 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Alsatian/Suevi
    Ancestry
    germanic/alsatian/Elsaesser
    Subrace
    Child of Creator God
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Married
    Occupation
    retired - Aerospace Quality Engi
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    Born again Christian,
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    491 Posts
    A woman that has been brought up in a financially well to do family should be looking for a husband that can provide the same standard of living. Many couples break up because of financial problems. I have seen it over and over again.

Love is blind and does not see the future..........
    In my case, before I got married, I wanted to make sure that I can provide a financially stable environment and everything worked out well.
    I know of 3 couples that were not so lucky in their first love dream..........
    One must look into the future before making a lifetime commitment.

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Geto-Dacian & German (Moldova, Transylvania, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    ins mr
    Politics
    Vlkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    I'm sorry, could someone please clarify for me what the difference is between women who "go for wealth and power" and whores?

I accept that the latter (in the traditional sense) have far more sexual partners (with all of the social stigma that this entails) but isn't the ultimate objective exactly the same?
    Well, in my honest opinion some 'whores' are just stupid or weak, and not necessarily going for wealth and power... But who am I to judge?

I guess what is and what is not a 'whore' is also debatable... At least the word can have different meanings, also in a figurative sense...

Quote Originally Posted by schwab View Post
    Love is blind and does not see the future..........
    (...)One must look into the future before making a lifetime commitment.
    Well, I don't know what to say... I don't have as much life experience as you, and my ex (much older than me) also said the same thing about people breaking up because of financial issues...

But other than that... I can agree people must look into the future too before such commitment, but not necessarily from a financial perspective. Well, maybe it's just me being idealistic and with my head in the clouds, but I believe when true love is there, then love can conquer everything... Compatibility is also very important, as people may fall in love with each other without being compatible enough for a life in two... And living together in such a case would not do any good to neither of them... Such a cohabitation or marriage could be self-destructive for both partners... So love is the most important ingredient, in my honest and idealistic opinion, but sometimes it is not enough... The incompatibility between two people can be too high in some cases... But in the end it depends on both partners how much they are willing to work together for their relationship to work.

Some believe love is easy. No, it's not. Love is just the beginning... but it needs attention to grow, like a child. And the same for the relationship between two people who love each other. Love is a gift, maybe the greatest gift, but not everyone know how to handle it properly, unfortunately.

It may be simpler to go for more 'realistic' things than love, I don't know... I'm another type of person, I'm more idealistic and a dreamer...

But well, I believe LOVE is the most powerful force in the Universe, Love can move mountains... If you find your soul mate, I mean the one you're supposed to be with and grow together spiritually (I believe life is just a spiritual journey), and of course that implies to love each other honestly, then you both find the inner power to go on together no matter what happens and to realize wonderful things together, even including obtaining wealth and power... But that's something that can be lost in an instant, as I said before... While true love lasts forever...

I also believe we can feel other people's souls, and have such soul connections, when 'the surface' doesn't matter anymore, nor the social status or other ephemeral things like that...

Also, wealth and power can bring lots of unwanted problems... It's not like I'm saying wealth and power should be avoided, but just treated with detachment and not considered the main purpose in one's life...
    Die Farben duften frisch und grn... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlfr For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast