View Poll Results: Ladies Are Wealth and Power Important To You?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 15.38%
  • No

15 57.69%
  • Other Opinion

7 26.92%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Do You Go For Wealth and Power?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ladies Do You Go For Wealth and Power?

My good friend Mitch was complaining about how he never gets the girls he wants. I told him that's because he drives a shitty car and doesn't dress to impress. So we got into a discussion.

I concluded that to get the most desirable women a man needed to have Wealth and Power. And that women are naturally attracted to such men.

Sure they have a phase where they go for muscians, guys in bands, artsy types but when they get older they dump those losers.

I couldn't change his mind though he's a fanatically naive idealist who says "girls who go for money are gold digging whores and that's not the type I go for"

My reply was "your idealizing human nature, all women are materialistic, you should know that by now"

What do you girls/guys think abou this subject?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Yep. We women want a decent guy to treat us right and protect us, which translates to wealth and power. But you forgot one important thing, he's gotta be handsome too.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    It's more about social status, as in social acknowledgment, than "just" wealth and power, that's why artists have it generally easier to attract women, or have you ever seen a girl loosing consciousness because of the rich engineer walking by?

A natural behavior indeed, but nevertheless with the important difference of status, because women who just go for power and wealth are prostitutes.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jäger For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 @ 12:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    No, I don't find wealth or power important.

edit: And I don't like musicians/arty types/whatever.
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

hearthtender
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I am obviously not going for anyone else but I will comment on what has been important in my choices in the past.

Wealth and power have never been a big draw for me. I like quality things as much as the next woman but things are not that powerful over me. Status positions have not been something I have been attracted to.

A good work ethic, honorable behavior, kindess, the importance of family, being a nature lover and bookworm have been consistantly important to me. Personal magnatism, a good sense of the bizzare and being at least my intelectual equal have always been more important than money. The ability appreciate my morbid and esoteric streaks is absolutely nessesary.

I do appreciate a certain amount of formality in appearance. Holes, stains or cut offs are just tacky when you are not gardening or doing other appropriate work. A filthy car is just icky. I am really turned off at baseball caps turned sideways or backwards. I think button down shirts look better than T-shirts or polos. A nicely fitted black suit with french cuff shirt and a bowler is a fine thing. Or a well made kilt either traditional or modern.

I do not consider myself to be one of the 'most desirable' types. I like vintage style clothes but have never been traditional 'arm candy'. So you may be right about higher maintence women.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss

Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Wealth and power are neither really important nor unimportant to me when it comes to a man. Then again, I'm not entirely sure that I'm defining these things the same way you are.

It is more important to me what a man gives than what he gets. A man who has millions of dollars and no family isn't truly wealthy in my eyes... and I don't really go looking for men who are truly wealthy in my eyes... I'm not really interested in being a "homewrecker" or a "groupie" for a married man.

Money does matter to me--but only in a survivalist manner. If a man can somehow convince me that he and I and our family could survive in a decent way without money, it wouldn't matter half as much as it does.

At the end of his life, my husband will be considerably wealthy, whether he has been blessed financially, or not.

In terms of power, I think it requires a great deal of power to have self respect and self control. Most males lack substantial levels of both, it seems. Most people, in general. I cannot expect someone who isn't reliable to themselves to be reliable for me. I'm not so concerned with whether or not a man can tell other people what to do or not do, as I am concerned with whether or not a man can tell himself and act for himself in regards to what he will do or not do.

Power does matter to me, but more in terms of self-empowerment and guidance than in social power. I would rather have a husband who is intelligent and true to himself than one who is popular.

At the end of his life, my husband will be very powerful, whether he has a say in society as a whole or not.

Although, I am inclined towards politicians and other people who participate in civic functions. I find that people who have a great deal of internalized power often grow to have a lot of social power, as well. It's the former part I care about, though.

As far as calling women as a whole materialistic--I can get by with a lot less than most every guy I know. As I've said in other locations, what's materialistic about wanting a (somewhat) large and contented family? Things are nice, but they're not "love" and they're not a consideration for me. I'd rather have a man who is faithful to me than one who buys us an expensive set of custom-made meaningless rings.

I actually don't accept gifts from men I date, any longer. You're all so caught up in the idea that we, as women, are inherently in love with *stuff*, that when we break-up with you, you're so blinded by the amount of gifts you've given to us that it's incomprehensible that we could somehow still see through the piles of plastic crap, that you're a total and complete jackass. A lot of girls tend to get the same ideas about sex.
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    or have you ever seen a girl loosing consciousness because of the rich engineer walking by?
    I've yet to see a girl lose consciousness when any guy walks by.

Last Online
    Saturday, June 28th, 2008 @ 04:31 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wealth and power might be sugar on the cake but I am far to fussy about other aspects of a man to worry too much about it.
    That said some personality traits that are very attractive (assertiveness for instance) are also likely to correlate with wealth and power to some degree.
    A* I’m a dreadful reactionary, Mrs. Helena. I don’t like this progress one bit.
    H* Like Nana.
    A* Yes, like Nana. Does Nana have a prayer book?
    H* A big fat one.
    A* And are there prayers in it for various occurrences in life? Against storms? Against illness?
    H* Against temptation, against floods -
    A* But not against progress, I suppose?
    H* > I think not.
    A* That’s a shame.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 @ 12:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well I guess I always fall for a man with Brünn pancakes with hats... that's just a given.

Edit: Though I will go for just pancakes and hats..
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

Last Online
    Thursday, August 27th, 2009 @ 06:53 PM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    Scottish, Alsatian
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I didn't even go for the "starving artist." I just went for the boy who was starving.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast