View Poll Results: Do You Believe The White Race Is Superior?

Voters
468. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

235 50.21%
  • No

135 28.85%
  • Undecided

27 5.77%
  • Other Opinion

71 15.17%
Page 1 of 38 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe the White Race is Superior?

Last Online
    Friday, April 23rd, 2010 @ 09:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England & Nederlands
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Graphic Design
    Politics
    Cynical
    Religion
    Old
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Do You Believe the White Race is Superior?

I'm genuinely intrigued. Some people who post on skadi seem to have a level-headed, objective view of how the different races of the world sit wih one another, but I've noticed that many people out-and-out believe the white race to be undeniably superior.

And I'm not sending accusations or judgements either way. I'm just interested in the general consensus.

In my personal view, the white race has achieved an incredible amount, probably more than any other race... but I would argue that being the builders of the mighty western civilisation is perhaps something to not be entirely proud of. Through white man, the plagues of Christianity and materialism have been allowed to spread.

I would suggest that if the white race owns any kind of former glory, a lot of work must be done (or undone) before this can be reclaimed.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 08:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Does everyone here believe the white race to be superior?

I do think that European (or "white") culture, or more precisely North-Western European culture stands as the greatest. However, if I believe race played a role, probably quite important, in the flourishing of this culture, I certainely not believe race is the only factor to influence this historical evolution. Advantageous genetic pools is major, but geographical localisation, physical factor (winter everyone?) and need to adapt or die are for sure as important.

We see nowadays that perhaps what once was a top-quality genetic pool leads to decadent materialism, as you see, and environmental destruction as well as cultural relativism and weak mentalities. We see that, in this case, race can help to build civilization, but it can't by itself alone support a civilization.
    "The heavenly motions... are nothing but a continuous song for several voices, perceived not by the ear but by the intellect,
    a figured music which sets landmarks
    in the immeasurable flow of time."

Naturbursche
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

First of all, i seriously dislike the stupid word "White" refering to "Race", "Nation" and "Power".
    Because it's an US-American invented word, and more like a stupid trend word like the Black Panthers who said "Black Power!" Besides that it doesn't make sense, since i saw many japanese people who are probably from the skincolour more white than many europeans. Nobody needs this smut-word, seriously.

Since i think you refer to the western european civilization, cultures and races - you could say that we have achieved the most - but some of us also destroyed alot which shouldn't have been destroyed, concerning nature and culture. And we even have destroyed our own cultures against eachother back in times.

But basically we have achieved and reached the most - altough the asians reached alot too. Still not as much as we.
    Just think of all the german scientists, musicians and leaders - that's already enough to say that we achieved the most.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 @ 01:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Lappid
    Country
    Southwest Africa Southwest Africa
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    Grandparent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sv: Re: Does everyone here believe the white race to be superior?

I don't think it's relevant. I don't think any race should rule over all other or something like that, I simply want to live in peace with my own people, in my own country, and rule of my forefathers lands and prosper. Of course I love my own people more than others, but why say we're "superior"?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England & Nederlands
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Graphic Design
    Politics
    Cynical
    Religion
    Old
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Sv: Re: Does everyone here believe the white race to be superior?

Quote Originally Posted by Enlil View Post
    I don't think it's relevant. I don't think any race should rule over all other or something like that, I simply want to live in peace with my own people, in my own country, and rule of my forefathers lands and prosper. Of course I love my own people more than others, but why say we're "superior"?
    I agree. This is the point of this thread. There is a huge difference between racism and nationalism I just noticed recently that a lot of people on skadi seem to be incredibly racist rather than merely nationalist (ie wanting Europe to remain European).

And @ Boche: You're right. I should get out of the habit of using the word "white". "European people" or "Indo-European" are better terms.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

I'm not sure the word "superior" is appropriate. The races are different from another. There have been civilizations in the past such as in China that were superior at certain points in history in comparison to Whites. Europe was superior in the 19th century. And not all subraces of Whites are equal in accomplishments to one another at the same time.

I do consider myself fortunate that I was born White. I've never wished that I was something else, while I do have the impression that members of other races sometimes wish they were White, that is of the northwestern European race. I've even had that impression in Japan, where nearly all of the mannequins & most models in print ads were Nordish Whites. People all over the world want to immigrate to western Europe or North America or Australia so perhaps at this point in history Western Europeans are superior but that doesn't mean we always will be.

Dutch Dennis

I am not a 'white supremacist' or anything like that. I think it shows poor mental agility to resort such a self-descriptive term. Superiority is subjective and over generalised. There are a whole bunch of people with a whole bunch of abilities. To state that all 'white' people are superior to all 'mud' people betrays ones complete and utter 'muppet'-ness.

I believe in supporting and promoting biological diversity. That includes diversity amongst human 'races'.

Superiority/inferiority is a subjective judgement based on personal preferences. Not exactly scientific.

IAmTheRayII
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 13th, 2016 @ 04:37 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Wales, Scotland, Ireland
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Self-Employed
    Politics
    AltRight
    Religion
    Asatrú
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No. Different yes. Of course the races are differnet. I just prefer the white race. we have a different culture and heritage, a different set of beliefs, a different set of morals, and a different set of ideas in general about government, religion, and society. The white race has achieved for more than any other race, and we have taken civilization to completely different plateau. I prefer my North European beliefs, ideas, and culture to any other, but i wouldn't goas far to say we are superior. Of course that may be the politician in me trying not to offend. But I do believe the white race has achieved more than any other.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 02:18 AM
    Subrace
    Eriliskaz
    Hermit
    Occupation
    Teutonologist
    Politics
    Pangermanicism
    Religion
    Aðelakhaiðús.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

As has been shown so far this is a very complex issue involving questions in semantics, evolutionary biology, philosophy, and aesthetics. If we wanted to scientifically and factually determine whether or not the white race is superior, we would first have to determine and come to a consensus upon the meaning of at least two of the words involved in this question:

1.) What is the meaning of "the white race"? This could be divided further into what constitutes a "race" and what constitutes "white".

Presumably the way we define and categorize the other races with which the white race is being compared, will affect the comparison or valuation of them all. So next we organize the rest of humanity into various racial groups.

2.) Now that we have agreed upon what a race is, and defined the white race along with the races with which it is to be compared, we must define and agree upon the criteria with which we will compare the races.

3.) We must now define what it means for one race to be 'superior' to the others. Will certain criteria for racial superiortity be valued over others? Is this to be done quantitatively? More questions continue to arise...

It is plain to see that comparing the races and determining the superiority of one race over the others becomes maddeningly complicated, when we attempt to do this in an objective manner. It seems that such an endeavor involves the deconstruction of fundamental concepts and rigorous epistemology, not to mention scientific enquiry for which I myself am wholly unsuited. This is one of those questions which inolves such deeply philosophical, even ontological inspection, that the answer which appears to be the most ignorant and ill-conceived, at face value, may be far more meaningful and useful to us than any objective answer.
    Last edited by Theudiskaz; Friday, February 16th, 2007 at 04:28 PM.
    -Hyge sceal ðe heardre, heorte ðe cénre, mód sceal ðe máre, þý úre mægen lytlaþ. -The Battle of Maldon
    -I love the great despisers, because they are the great adorers, and arrows of longing for the other shore. -Thus Spake Zarathustra

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England & Nederlands
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Graphic Design
    Politics
    Cynical
    Religion
    Old
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madoc View Post
    I'm not sure the word "superior" is appropriate.
    It is appropriate. Because this is a discussion about precisely who does and doesn't have an extreme view of their race being better (superior) than others. To believe the European race is superior is to be openly "politically incorrect" (in media terms).

Some interesting views going on here. Perhaps it might be interesting to add an extra ingredient to the discussion:

I've read a lot of threads on skadi regarding theories that the "Atlanteans", the earliest civilisation, and the genesis of all our knowledge, were caucasian... perhaps even strictly Nordid. Other material I've read has put forward the theory that all civilisations and races since the "Atlanteans" owe their very concept of civilisation and scientific knowledge to this mysterious, apparently caucasoid ancestry. In addition to this, the Germanic religions have deep mythology revolving around the concept that the "fair" race is the pinnacle of all creation.

Surely anyone who pertains to see any truth in these theories or religious beliefs, by default has an inherent belief in the superiority of the white european race (or perhaps the "fair" Nordid people exclusively).

Page 1 of 38 12345611 ... LastLast