Flemish
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis View Post
    Based on this argument, then second/third..etc generation Turk immigrants in Germany should be "peripherally germanic" too.
    Second and third generation Turk immigrants could become Germanic culturally, but never ethnically. That's why I wanted to emphasise the "both racially and culturally" part :p

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlluSionSxxx View Post
    Second and third generation Turk immigrants could become Germanic culturally, but never ethnically. That's why I wanted to emphasise the "both racially and culturally" part :p
    And I said second/third generation, implying that they may have intermarried with Germans and have some racial admixture as well.

Anyways, as I already told you, I better drop it for now, take a walk in the sun, breath some smog, relax, and continue the argument later. :p

Last Online
    Friday, April 20th, 2012 @ 09:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish/English
    Ancestry
    Scotland and England
    Subrace
    Nordid/Bruenn
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Family
    DeFacto Relationship
    Occupation
    IT Analyst
    Politics
    Ride the Tiger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    We both know you dislike me so let's call a spade a spade.

Which are? Don't tell me you're one of those who falsely believes that Hitler considered the Slavs subhuman.

You've never been to Scotland, but I have, to both Scotland and Ireland. You can't judge Scots proper on what colonials say.

It will be hard to find any pure Western European, mate. Slavic admixture has been genetically proven to be present in East Germany. So ya see, it's not that simple. You can't count Celtic as Germanic and expect us to buy this nonsense.
    I don't feel anything for you on a personal level and I doubt you would too.

In regards to the Slavs, I think his view is a lot more complex than that.

I can't judge Scots by colonials indeed, I'm going by what ethnic Scots have told me however.

I'm aware of your last post and Slavic blood in East Germany, it's bound to happen when borders share such a proximity to eachother and I never said it was simple. Do you consider East Germans Slavo-Germanic because they may have a Slavic ancestor hundreds of years back? I never stated that Celtic and Germanic were the same thing, I merely stated that there is a stronger Germanic racial influence in Scotland than some members believe.

I've researched my family well going and going by the last names (an example, not particularly accurate) of recent ancestry 14 out of 16 relatives have Germanic derived names and one Celtic. Hence why I have put Celto-Germanic, because I acknowledge that there is Celtic history in my family.

Besides, I don't see why we must "germanisize" cultures because of their geographical proximity to germanic ones.
    Such peoples have their own cultures to claim (gaelic, gallo-romance, finno-ugric, slavic, etc) and that are also worthy of mention and preservation. Did anyone even ask them if they want to be referred to as (peripherally) germanic?
    I have not intended to do as such, and hope that it does not come off that I have. What I was trying to highlight myself is the Germanic influence of certain clans and regions of Scotland, not suggest that Celts are Germanic. A Turk living in Germany would still be a Turk, just as a person in Scotland with Nordic blood will always have Nordic blood.

Based on this argument, then second/third..etc generation Turk immigrants in Germany should be "peripherally germanic" too.
    Not particularly, considering they aren't indigenous to that region, a contributing factor to the founding of the nation or part of the cultural history.

Anyway I've said all I have to say on the matter pretty much and think any continuation would eventually lead to running around in circles and arguing ideology rather than the topic at hand.
    "For the authentic revolutionary conservative, what really counts is to be faithful not to past forms and institutions, but rather to principles of which such forms and institutions have been particular expressions, adequate for a specific period of time and in a specific geographical area." Julius Evola - Men Among the Ruins

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 02:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And I said second/third generation, implying that they may have intermarried with Germans and have some racial admixture as well.
    Most second/third generation Turks are still 100% Turkish. Inter-marriage between Europeans and Muslem immigrants is still fairly rare.

Anyway, one could regard a Turkish-Germanic intermixture as Peripherally Germanic, although that would be a matter of definition. Turkish-Germanic intermixture is quite artificial in comparison with organic bordermixture between eg. Austrian Germans and Czechs and I don't really think they're comparable for this reason.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree with Blood Axis on this one because you can't be "sort of pregnant", you either are or you aren't. But I just wanted to respond to something said earlier about the issue of culture reflecting your tribal identity.. I am a Southern European, and unless I was a German(ic) colonial living in a German(ic) land, then I don't *think* I have the right to call myself Germanic. My understanding of the French language could be alot better, and I speak almost no Italian or Spanish but I still indentify myself thusly even though my language & culture is English(Celto-Germanic). I don't know if this is wrong and I don't really care, but I don't think people who know & have seen (online or not) me would argue against that, even though I am all for the Anglo-Germanic cultural preservation in this land. According to some on this board that would make me Germanic but I am not sure I am convinced of that.. I don't know if this makes sense or not .. it's been a long day. :o

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    I agree with Blood Axis on this one because you can't be "sort of pregnant", you either are or you aren't.
    Agree. You also can't be "sort of dead", not to mention "sort of Germanic".
    Peripherally Germanic is just a term made up by wannabes who ain't Germanic but want to be accepted within the "movement".

Last Online
    Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 @ 10:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Lotharingian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Netherlands, France
    Subrace
    reduced brunn without freckles
    Country
    France France
    Family
    since a few years already
    Occupation
    Finance
    Politics
    Racial conservative
    Religion
    Vatican II catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Agree. You also can't be "sort of dead", not to mention "sort of Germanic".
    Peripherally Germanic is just a term made up by wannabes who ain't Germanic but want to be accepted within the "movement".
    Thanks for the wannabees. Extending the debate outside of family matters, couldn't we consider the whole of Europe as being periphically Germanic ?

There is no part of Western Europe, as well as of Eastern Europe, that has not been occupied at one time or another by a Germanic tribe and submitted to Germanic settlements. Traditional estimation credit Roman countries like France, Italy, Spain and even Portugal with about ten percent of descendants of Germanic settlers (Franks, Lombards, Visigoths, Suebians , ...), notwithstanding other nordic phylum's represented by earlier settlements of Kelts and other IE. The same can be observed among Slavic and finnic countries, where the Gothic and the Varangian substratum seem to have left very important traces among the population. The genetic contribution may of course vary from one place to another (Germanic settlers generally preferred rivers and valleys), while differential demography may minor or increase this influence depending on time. For example, how would we classify Italians if, following a cataclysm, only the population of South Tirol and Trentino survived ? Such causes of demographic unbalances happened several times during the recent history and may reproduce at any time (although we do not wish any form of cataclysm harming southern Italians): remember the Great Plague, the Thirty years war, the Ottoman occupation , the industrial revolution and WW2 ...

From a cultural point of view, no doubt that most of Europe, if not most of the Christian world has been germanicized. More than one half of the saints of the calendar wear Germanic names, while a large part of the roman and the Slavic vocabulary is infested with Germanic words.

Of course, a purely linguistic approach is not sufficient: Afro American slangs, even when very close from certain Germanic dialects, are certainly not sufficient to establish Germanicity. But, complemented with the nordic spots that have spread everywhere in Europe during the Dark Ages, yes, the whole of Europe and, most parts of Northern America can be considered as being Germanic or, at least, as periphically Germanic. Wannabees can, through self selection and cultural commitment, contribute to such a re-germanicization of Europe.
    "Within a century, Europe might become a myth, like the Atlandid of Plato. Some historians will probably doubt that it ever existed" (Pseudo Schoppenhauer Complete SMS Collection, part I)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345