Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

German mag’s sick Maddie joke

German mag’s sick Maddie joke

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI
    and CLODAGH HARTLEY in Praia da Luz

Published: 01 Nov 2007

KATE and Gerry McCann were horrified last night after a German magazine ran a sick spoof ad poking fun at their lost daughter Madeleine.
    The supermarket-style advert, in satirical mag Titanic, features discounted “products” with Maddie’s face on them – and vile jokes about the four-year-old.

A kitchen cleaner is said to “remove all traces at the home” so that DNA tests stand no chance.
    A bar of kids’ chocolate Kinder promises one per cent of all sales will be donated to Interpol.
    And Maggi soup flavouring is renamed Maddie.
    The ad says the little girl, who vanished in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, is now the world’s most famous face – so it is logical for her to be used in commercials.
    But it warned customers that just because Maddie is featured on the products, it did not mean they could be “taken for free”.

Last night the McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell branded the spoof “totally sick, very hurtful and in no way funny”.
    He added: “The use of Madeleine’s image in this way is extremely distressing for Kate and Gerry and also shows Madeleine no respect.”
    Mr Mitchell said the McCanns’ lawyers are studying the spread and may take action against the mag.

Complained
    Titanic’s editor Thomas Gsella defended the spoof, insisting no one had complained about it.
    He said: “We hope everyone will find it as funny as we do, because it is not aimed at the little girl but against the media machine that surrounds her.
    “Her image can be seen everywhere and it is getting a bit too much for many people.”

An advert for bad taste ... the magazine spread
    Madeleine McCann | German mag’s sick joke | McCanns may take legal action | The Sun |HomePage|News

Tasteless and idiotic, and it is a shame German magazines lower themselves to British standards...
    When men cease to fight — they cease to be — Men.
    “Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” Brendan Behan

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    It's not tasteless and idiotic. It was published by the satire magazine Titanic and why shouldn't they be allowed to make fun of the most ridiculous media affair of the last years not involving anything political. I don't know why the media are focusing on one lost girl whereas there are dozends of other lost children not covered by media at all. It's sick to make such a big fuss over a disappearing child in the media.
    Ceterum censeo Iudaeam esse delendam.

Last Online
    Friday, June 26th, 2020 @ 08:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Alemanni-Suebi/Irish
    Subrace
    Dalophælid-Nordid
    State
    Hessen-Darmstadt Hessen-Darmstadt
    Hagestolz
    Politics
    reactionary ancap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    It's not tasteless and idiotic.
    It is tasteless and idiotic, because those making such articles want to make money out that at the cost of others - exactly the same what they allegedly fight against.
    It was published by the satire magazine Titanic and why shouldn't they be allowed to make fun of the most ridiculous media affair of the last years not involving anything political. I don't know why the media are focusing on one lost girl whereas there are dozends of other lost children not covered by media at all. It's sick to make such a big fuss over a disappearing child in the media.
    It is true, this media hype is sick, but the reaction to the actions must be a hard postition towards criminals like child molestors. That magazine better should have shown some tied up rapists and child molestors - wait, that would be racist and Nazi, can't be published....
    “Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.” Brendan Behan

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Why? That's a satire magazine and that's clearly satire. It's their good job I appreciate to exaggerate things and make controversial articles and pictures to show ridiculous things in the same way they are.
    Ceterum censeo Iudaeam esse delendam.

Last Online
    Saturday, May 7th, 2011 @ 08:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    England England
    State
    Mercia Mercia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    None of your business!
    Politics
    Ethnonationalism
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptrgangr View Post
    It is tasteless and idiotic, because those making such articles want to make money out that at the cost of others - exactly the same what they allegedly fight against.
    I have to disagree. The tabloid media in the UK is full of speculation about the McCann's involvement in the disappearance of their own child. That's sick. This is black humour, but it is just that, humour.

I subscribe to Viz, which is also known for its 'tasteless' comic strips and tat - one particularly memorable cartoon was entitled 'Harold and Fred - they make ladies dead'.

Here are some more 'sick' jokes:

These poke fun at the genuine adverts for such items in magazines found in the colour supplements of Sunday newspapers. Naturally, those found in Viz are absurd, such as a breakfast plate that depicts Princess Diana's face in the middle of a fried egg, and "Little Ted West", a teddy bear dressed to look like serial killer Fred West. Recently, Viz actually manufactured some of these items for real and sold them, including a china plate that depicted "The Life Of Christ...In Cats", featuring tacky pictures of a cat in various stages of Jesus's life, and the Elvis Presley Dambusters Clock Plate of Tutankhamen, a clock featuring Elvis in the style of Tutankhamun's death mask in addition to Avro Lancaster bomber planes.
    The point is the magazine is actually satirising the media and society's preoccupation with such unfortunate events. I find my work colleagues' continual gossip about the Madelaine case rather disconcerting, essentially it is a form of 'entertainment' for them.

It is true, this media hype is sick, but the reaction to the actions must be a hard postition towards criminals like child molestors. That magazine better should have shown some tied up rapists and child molestors - wait, that would be racist and Nazi, can't be published....
    I'm glad we agree on the media's sick obsession. But I can't see how the media depicting 'tied up rapists and child molestors' could be deemed 'racist'.

Account Disabled on Request

Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    The most offensive thing about this McCann spoof is that it's unfunny.

Anyway, everyone knows that the whole media coverage has been overblown. Fueled in good part by the McCann camp.

I'm glad we agree on the media's sick obsession.
    I completely disagree. Newspapers are first and foremost businesses. They must shift copies, and this is driven by what the general public wants to read. Hence the mawkish coverage of Maddie & Princess Diana. A front page picture of Maddie could add an additional 5% to 10% of daily sales than would otherwise be the case.

Last Online
    Friday, June 26th, 2020 @ 08:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    Alemanni-Suebi/Irish
    Subrace
    Dalophælid-Nordid
    State
    Hessen-Darmstadt Hessen-Darmstadt
    Hagestolz
    Politics
    reactionary ancap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts
    Why? That's a satire magazine and that's clearly satire. It's their good job I appreciate to exaggerate things and make controversial articles and pictures to show ridiculous things in the same way they are.
    Those having made this satire were not interested in improving the situation. They allegedly say they were against the sick media hype, but in reality they are part of this sick media. Those Titanic authors are left-wing liberals, they help spreading the lie we had freedom of press and information, they never would make a satire that would be "politically incorrect", because then it would be over with the licence to print magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar
    I have to disagree. The tabloid media in the UK is full of speculation about the McCann's involvement in the disappearance of their own child. That's sick. This is black humour, but it is just that, humour.
    Police made investigations in order to find out whether the parents themselves were involved or not. That fact alone does not justify prejudgments.
    I subscribe to Viz, which is also known for its 'tasteless' comic strips and tat - one particularly memorable cartoon was entitled 'Harold and Fred - they make ladies dead'.
    I am very well aware of the British black humour, but I repeat what I said before: the left-wing liberals would not dare to make a real satire about the government, about the ethnocidical policy it promotes, about the massmurder of unborn babies.
    The point is the magazine is actually satirising the media and society's preoccupation with such unfortunate events. I find my work colleagues' continual gossip about the Madelaine case rather disconcerting, essentially it is a form of 'entertainment' for them.
    But it is not satirising the sick society just because these cartoon makers are an integral part of this sick society. They simply botch with their attempt to pretend they would stand for something different.
    I'm glad we agree on the media's sick obsession. But I can't see how the media depicting 'tied up rapists and child molestors' could be deemed 'racist'.
    Then, why is any voice of political dissence silenced? Where are the satire magazines satiricizing the real troublemakers and not only the effects of some of their political measures? I mentioned the pics of tied up rapists and child molestors just because there are none, here in the "western civilization" rapists can get away with 60 days prison, and as long as it is this way, cartoons using the pic of a tortured girl are as funny as cartoons about disabled people. People demanding capital punishment are ridiculed as racists and Nazis by exactly those making funny cartoons about maltreated victims of this society.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I think there's a serious point here..................

...........Germans aren't funny

Last Online
    Friday, May 8th, 2009 @ 02:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Subrace
    Heinz variety
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Family
    It's nobody's business!
    Occupation
    Cleaner/Home duties
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I can look at all the angles from this particular satire. The one point of view I cannot - and will not - overlook is the fact that an innocent 4 year old child is still missing!

It doesn't matter whose child is missing in this world, it is the most heartbreaking experience any loving parent would have to endure! Everyone can put the blame on the parents all they like for one fatal mistake, but I also know how quickly kids can disappear from your sight - it has happened to me! Luckily for us my kids are still around and growing up.

Until they can prove one way or the other that the parents are guilty, you have to assume they are innocent. I know that ad is taken in the context of satire, but as a mother, I wouldn't want to see my child portrayed in such a fashion. It's just too horrible to contemplate, and until I hear otherwise, my heart goes out to the McCann family.

Heil
    Jenni

As an afterthought, do those people who ran such a satire and treat lives very cheaply - given the scenario - have children of their own? I would think not!! If they do............ well, perhaps it's anal humour that's lost on me.

Account Disabled on Request

Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    If this girl's parents didn't actually murder her with their own hands, they did so with the stupidity, carelessness and selfishness of leaving their children alone in a hotel room while they sip cocktails. The parents don't deserve what happened to them, and certainly the child does not, but to treat Maddie's parents gently is asking too much. They are idiots, and the only reason we see their missing child on the tv and in the papers all the time is they use their money to buy a PR team pushing to keep their story of their missing child in the news. Meanwhile how many thousands of children (perhaps lower class? perhaps less "cute"? perhaps another color?) have been kidnapped and murdered in the meantime?

What are they doing reading German tabloids? It is obvious some busy-body showed them this satire magazine just to upset them, so if they are caused any "pain" by this dumb parody, it is that person's fault for waving it in their face. It isn't my kind of humor, but I (and hopefully anyone else with a rational bone in their body) can understand it is not a sick joke poking fun at child victims of kidnapping, but rather the media obsession with this particular child.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast