Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 92

Thread: Faroe Islands Has World's Highest Rate of Adoptions

  1. #31
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Posts
    72
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A little diversity has never killed anyone. There shouldn't be too much immigration and the immigrants should integrate well in society. That kind of diversity is bearable and even enriching. The racists just take their paranoia to the highest levels. A person with a different skin colour who is raised as a native from infancy will not act like an Asian for example, because he won't be familiar with anything other than the culture he grew up in. The racists' problem isn't that these foreigners won't fit in, their problem is that they look at themselves as superior and consume themselves with hatred for those who are unlike them.

  2. #32
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 01:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Location
    Mamvcivm
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Posts
    3,586
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    A little diversity has never killed anyone. There shouldn't be too much immigration and the immigrants should integrate well in society. That kind of diversity is bearable and even enriching.
    Whenever ONE native European has been killed by a third world immigrant, there has been TOO much diversity. Thousands of Pakistanis live in my town, I went to school with them. I experienced no enrichment. I just get to hear endless whinging about 'racism', smell curry, read job adverts in the paper for Bangla/Gujerati/Urdu speaking council jobs, and discover that there are areas of my town where I cannot walk in safety. You will say that this is the result of too much immigration, but how do you draw a line? "Oh, but you can't prevent my wife-cousin from joining me here, can you? Or my poor widowed grandmother (who will greatly 'enrich' your health service)?" There's no clear place to draw a line; once you begin down this road, you end up at the end of it.
    The racists just take their paranoia to the highest levels. A person with a different skin colour who is raised as a native from infancy will not act like an Asian for example, because he won't be familiar with anything other than the culture he grew up in.
    Such people are cut from their roots. They will always be conscious of being different from their adoptive people. It's there every time they look in the mirror. They are not going to care deeply about people who lived in their adopted home centuries ago, and won't be too bothered if people living there centuries hence are completely different. They often become resentful, and identify with radical movements like Islam.
    The racists' problem isn't that these foreigners won't fit in, their problem is that they look at themselves as superior and consume themselves with hatred for those who are unlike them.
    Have you REALLY ever met anyone like that? I haven't. They are dreamt up by the Multiculturalists to further their aims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jónurin View Post
    Self-hate? what? Since when has the white race become one unit?
    Since liberal educationalists and broadcasters began to blacken its name. The White Race exists in the minds of third world immigrants who don't give a damn if you're from a country completely lacking in a colonial past, that didn't conquer and exploit their ancestors, like Finland for example. They just see the white skin, and rejoice to lord it over their former 'oppressors' (as they have been taught to view them by their Marxist teachers). Rape of white girls is a classic result of this.
    The Faroese genetic heritage is only valuable for scientific reasons.
    I'm afraid such self-effacing objectivity is only really a feature of Europeans.
    How can a 4 month year old baby that doesn't have a culture be a threat to a culture in any way?
    Because it will become a 24 year old man one day, and may very well react to his peculiar situation in the way I described above.
    If the child is brought up in a good family that truly values other races equally to their own, then there is no problem at all, and I'm telling you, I know great success stories.
    Too many IFs. We don't live in the ideal world.
    [QUOTE]


    Quote Originally Posted by Jónurin View Post
    The only reason why racial diversity is a problem is because people see it as a problem.
    This is the most significant and relevant thing you have said.
    As long as people fear what is different, there will be a problem, because when people act out of fear, what is feared eventually becomes true.
    I don't buy the liberal slogan "You don't like something because you FEAR it", but you hint at a fundamental TRUTH:
    People dislike what is different. People see racial diversity as a problem. People will always be like this, it's human nature.
    You will therefore need to change human nature. Can it be done? They've been trying for decades to change it. And this has meant sustained brainwashing on an unforeseen scale. And guess what, I'm still here! And I'm not the only one.

    Third world immigration into European lands may have been the biggest mistake in human history. And I say 'may' as it often seems that those responsible for it knew full well what they were doing. In which case it becomes the biggest crime.

  3. #33
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Æmeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gender
    Age
    57
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Posts
    6,271
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    573
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    522
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    A little diversity has never killed anyone. There shouldn't be too much immigration and the immigrants should integrate well in society. That kind of diversity is bearable and even enriching. The racists just take their paranoia to the highest levels. A person with a different skin colour who is raised as a native from infancy will not act like an Asian for example, because he won't be familiar with anything other than the culture he grew up in. The racists' problem isn't that these foreigners won't fit in, their problem is that they look at themselves as superior and consume themselves with hatred for those who are unlike them.
    This sounds the like the sort of argument that would be made from the p.o.v. of an Asian immigrant.eyes:

  4. #34
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Gender
    Posts
    962
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Any immigration of foreigners is negative, whether they assimilate or not. They relentlessly and violently push their ideas on others when they don't. When they do (if they ever truly do), they have more access to integrate, and eventually, be so accepted as to as to marry into a people. Encouraging assimilation is encouraging foreigners to give up their country and culture for one they have little to no connection to. How's that for preservation? The only good diversity comes is when different people remain separate so they can best protect and preserve what is their own whereas everyone loses in a multicult world.

  5. #35
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Posts
    72
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    Whenever ONE native European has been killed by a third world immigrant, there has been TOO much diversity. Thousands of Pakistanis live in my town, I went to school with them. I experienced no enrichment. I just get to hear endless whinging about 'racism', smell curry, read job adverts in the paper for Bangla/Gujerati/Urdu speaking council jobs, and discover that there are areas of my town where I cannot walk in safety. You will say that this is the result of too much immigration, but how do you draw a line? "Oh, but you can't prevent my wife-cousin from joining me here, can you? Or my poor widowed grandmother (who will greatly 'enrich' your health service)?" There's no clear place to draw a line; once you begin down this road, you end up at the end of it.
    There are plenty of "white" criminals as well. It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with poor education, bad social status, marginalisation and unproper treatment. Or do you get to see millions of "white" criminals from upper and middle class? Our governments just give leeway to the poorest of immigrants and they don't make enough efforts to integrate them. They discriminate against them at work so they are practically pushed to do dirty jobs. Besides, not all immigrants are like that. Some. You have a negative experience with them but judging all immigrants from your personal experience is faulty and often an argument used by racists. I have both positive and negative experience with them, and I learned not to generalised and throw everyone into the same pot.

    Such people are cut from their roots. They will always be conscious of being different from their adoptive people.
    A child who isn't a biological child might be conscious that he is adopted too. That's life.

    It's there every time they look in the mirror. They are not going to care deeply about people who lived in their adopted home centuries ago, and won't be too bothered if people living there centuries hence are completely different. They often become resentful, and identify with radical movements like Islam.
    Since when do you speak for them? I know Indonesian immigrants for example, who cherish the Dutch history and culture very much. They care deeply about this country because it's the country they grew up in for generations. They have absolutely no problem fitting in and my Dutch friends and I have absolutely no problem accepting them. The horror, for racists, that is.

    All these arguments of "immigrants = criminals", "immigrants = radicals", etc. are just hasty, faulty generalisations made by racists, but when the same generalisations are made about whites, their colonial past, et al., racists are ready to jump and defend themselves and point out the faultiness of the arguments. It shows that racists have no logic and objectivity. No one is promoting full immigration at any costs, but you treat us as if we did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    This sounds the like the sort of argument that would be made from the p.o.v. of an Asian immigrant.eyes:
    Or from the p.o.v. of a non-hateful, open-minded Dutch person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deary View Post
    Any immigration of foreigners is negative, whether they assimilate or not. They relentlessly and violently push their ideas on others when they don't. When they do (if they ever truly do), they have more access to integrate, and eventually, be so accepted as to as to marry into a people. Encouraging assimilation is encouraging foreigners to give up their country and culture for one they have little to no connection to. How's that for preservation? The only good diversity comes is when different people remain separate so they can best protect and preserve what is their own whereas everyone loses in a multicult world.
    Those who want to preserve their own values and cultures aren't obligated to come here and integrate. Immigrants who give up their countries and cultures have always existed. That's how your country, the USA was formed. Your ancestors didn't do the best job at preserving your cultures and languages, they created something new from the mingling. Assimilation is a natural phenomenon, it has always happened and will always happen. Or do you think ethnogenesis never happened and people don't have substratums and adstratums in their makeup?

  6. #36
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Æmeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Gender
    Age
    57
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Posts
    6,271
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    573
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    522
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    A little diversity has never killed anyone. There shouldn't be too much immigration and the immigrants should integrate well in society. That kind of diversity is bearable and even enriching.

    This sounds so similar to the arguments made in 1965 by the supporters of the Immigration Act of 1965. And we all know what happened. It wasn't suppose to change the demographics of the US (so we were told). It's a multiculturalist argument. And just how is a little diversity defined? And why is it good?


    The racists' problem isn't that these foreigners won't fit in, their problem is that they look at themselves as superior and consume themselves with hatred for those who are unlike them.

    Racist as you use it is just a slur against those opposed to the transformation of their societies into multiracial heelholes for the benfit of a few, a way of trying to stifle debate on the subject. Just because we don't want them in our countries doesn't mean we feel superior to them -what is racist about being opposed to the colonization of your own country?

    Your own opinions comes across a "racist". You imply that that the admixture of certain immigrants - I presume you mean some Asian groups - would be beneficial & an improvement to the basic Dutch bloodstock. If you truly are Dutch then you have a self-loathing image of the Dutch folk & feel your society is in need of enrichment from alien groups.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Old Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Gender
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Posts
    1,857
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jónurin View Post
    Richard:


    The only reason why racial diversity is a problem is because people see it as a problem. As long as people fear what is different, there will be a problem, because when people act out of fear, what is feared eventually becomes true. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. If you alienate someone, they will eventually become alien, whether or not they were to start with.

    Have I not experienced racial diversity? There were two people in my class in primary school with a different skin colour. These two fit in perfectly with the others. It would never cross my innocent childish mind that these two didn't belong because of their skin type. It was just a curious little variation, and I can't imagine what my class would have been without them. There would be something missing.
    There are more people of different races. In my extended group of friends about 1 in 10 is mixed or adopted. I am actually ashamed of even discussing the possibility that they are polluting my "unique" race. Some of them have become popular cultural figures in the Faroes.
    In addition, I spent 3 months in Africa with two friends, and the "diversity" I experienced there was nothing short of life-changing. In fact, I got along with the natives much better than with some white missionaries.
    Race is more then just skincolor, if it was only skincolor then Japanese would be of the white race as much as Dutch are.

    Hindus can be very dark, the Hindus that we have in the Netherlands are one of the best immigrants we have compared to the very light brown/white Moroccans who are a plague here, if you think skincolor is what makes us react think again.

    Diarmuid:


    I don't think any race is worthless. Just because I value other races equally doesn't mean I think my race is worthless.

    So I'm descended from vikings... Big deal. That doesn't change the fact that I have to earn my own dignity. And then again, many of the vikings were brutal murderers, and that's not something to be proud of.



    Here is something you've misunderstood: Yes, there is probably a distinct Faroese identity, but you have to understand that the Faroese identity is not the same today as it was yesterday. Culture, no matter how unique, changes all the time regardless of mixing with other cultures. Faroese people 1000 years ago did not speak modern Faroese, they spoke old norse, and chain dancing used to be something that all of Europe had in common. My point is: What we define as being unique Faroese culture changes all the time, regardless of how many or few children we adopt. As I've said before, some immigrants and adopted people have helped define my understanding of contemporary Faroese culture. I think I'm better qualified at deciding what Faroese culture is about.

    Culture is not static. This is true of all cultures. Wake up and face the reality.



    It's no one's fault. The governments of Europe have taken more immigrants than they can handle. Let them in in small amounts, I say, and help them integrate to society properly.
    *ahum*
    Faroe Islands has world's highest rate of adoptions

    It might have sounded that way, but that's not what I meant. I had to react to Dietsehamer's strong generalisations with some counter examples.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Friday, June 18th, 2010 @ 02:54 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Vandalic
    Ancestry
    Reidgotalandic
    Location
    Limes Germanicus
    Gender
    Posts
    941
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    Besides, not all immigrants are like that. Some. You have a negative experience with them but judging all immigrants from your personal experience is faulty and often an argument used by racists. I have both positive and negative experience with them, and I learned not to generalised and throw everyone into the same pot. [...] Since when do you speak for them? I know Indonesian immigrants for example, who cherish the Dutch history and culture very much. They care deeply about this country because it's the country they grew up in for generations. They have absolutely no problem fitting in and my Dutch friends and I have absolutely no problem accepting them.
    Having a good time contradicting ourselves by generalizing, are we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    It shows that racists have no logic and objectivity. No one is promoting full immigration at any costs, but you treat us as if we did. [...] Assimilation is a natural phenomenon, it has always happened and will always happen. Or do you think ethnogenesis never happened and people don't have substratums and adstratums in their makeup?
    (suppressing a big yawn...). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_fallacy

  9. #39
    Senior Member Old Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Gender
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Posts
    1,857
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    A little diversity has never killed anyone. There shouldn't be too much immigration and the immigrants should integrate well in society. That kind of diversity is bearable and even enriching. The racists just take their paranoia to the highest levels. A person with a different skin colour who is raised as a native from infancy will not act like an Asian for example, because he won't be familiar with anything other than the culture he grew up in. The racists' problem isn't that these foreigners won't fit in, their problem is that they look at themselves as superior and consume themselves with hatred for those who are unlike them.
    You ignore the fact that most if not all racist murders and crimes in the Netherlands have and are still done by immigrants, even immigrants who kill and attack other immigrants because they are of another race.

    All the loverboys (young men who force girls into prostitution) are all none-white immigrants from muslim and black lands.

    Now then, who is the real racist here ?

    I can work together with Chinese and Hindu people and be friends with them, but Moroccans ? those people hate everyone, they attacked a Hindu temple in Den Hague, are more and more known to attack Chinese people and of course the of the scale racism towards Dutch people because Moroccans think for some reason that they are superior aldo they have nothing that can get even close to the Dutch, Chinese and Hindu people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloem View Post
    There are plenty of "white" criminals as well. It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with poor education, bad social status, marginalisation and unproper treatment. Or do you get to see millions of "white" criminals from upper and middle class? Our governments just give leeway to the poorest of immigrants and they don't make enough efforts to integrate them. They discriminate against them at work so they are practically pushed to do dirty jobs. Besides, not all immigrants are like that. Some. You have a negative experience with them but judging all immigrants from your personal experience is faulty and often an argument used by racists. I have both positive and negative experience with them, and I learned not to generalised and throw everyone into the same pot.
    poor ? poor ? for two years i worked in the middle of the city and every time i looked outside my window i saw young Moroccans, Turks and Blacks driving in expensive cars that even my dad can not buy, every time at times that most people have to work, i even saw one of them on tv being interviewed, he openly said he got all that because he was dealing in drugs, he got more money then most Dutch people have, was he arrested ? no, Moroccans say openly here that they control the streets, that they have the money and the criminal world in they're hands, that no one can and ever does shit to them because they are ''superior''...

    Free vacations for immigrant criminals at some expensive hotel with a big pool in some foreign land on our tax money, did you ever hear that Dutch criminals even got 1% of that ? discrimination indeed, positive discrimination.

    A police station was attacked by Moroccan youth, torch cars of the police and other people, what happened ? nothing, discrimination ? yes, against the Dutch people.

    now, what did you say about racism ?

    A child who isn't a biological child might be conscious that he is adopted too. That's life.


    Since when do you speak for them? I know Indonesian immigrants for example, who cherish the Dutch history and culture very much. They care deeply about this country because it's the country they grew up in for generations. They have absolutely no problem fitting in and my Dutch friends and I have absolutely no problem accepting them. The horror, for racists, that is.

    All these arguments of "immigrants = criminals", "immigrants = radicals", etc. are just hasty, faulty generalisations made by racists, but when the same generalisations are made about whites, their colonial past, et al., racists are ready to jump and defend themselves and point out the faultiness of the arguments. It shows that racists have no logic and objectivity. No one is promoting full immigration at any costs, but you treat us as if we did.
    Why do you ignore all my facts and sources that i placed in this topic ? why do you ignore the fact that 55% of the prisoners in the Netherlands are not born here and then we are not even counting the none-Dutch who are born here, you must know this, you are in the Netherlands.

    Or from the p.o.v. of a non-hateful, open-minded Dutch person.
    Move to my city Rotterdam.

    Those who want to preserve their own values and cultures aren't obligated to come here and integrate. Immigrants who give up their countries and cultures have always existed. That's how your country, the USA was formed. Your ancestors didn't do the best job at preserving your cultures and languages, they created something new from the mingling. Assimilation is a natural phenomenon, it has always happened and will always happen. Or do you think ethnogenesis never happened and people don't have substratums and adstratums in their makeup?

  10. #40
    Senior Member Cythraul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Online
    Friday, April 23rd, 2010 @ 09:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England & Nederlands
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    Location
    Buckinghamshire
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Graphic Design
    Politics
    Cynical
    Religion
    Old
    Posts
    848
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietsehamer View Post
    the scale racism towards Dutch people because Moroccans think for some reason that they are superior aldo they have nothing that can get even close to the Dutch, Chinese and Hindu people.
    May I suggest that this is due to their Islamicism. Islam teaches superiority, often violently so. I think that if the Morroccans had never adopted Islam they'd be a far more agreeable people.
    "If by being a racialist, you mean a man who despises a human being because he belongs to another race, or a man that believes one race is inherently superior to another in civilisation or capability of civilisation, then the answer is emphatically no." - Enoch Powell

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Faroe Islands on Facebook
    By Dagna in forum Faroe Islands
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Wednesday, July 4th, 2012, 12:33 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, January 31st, 2012, 08:02 AM
  3. British Occupation of the Faroe Islands in World War II
    By Dagna in forum Modern Age & Contemporary History
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Friday, March 13th, 2009, 01:31 AM
  4. Faroe Islands: Photos from 1899
    By Dagna in forum Faroe Islands
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Thursday, March 12th, 2009, 11:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •