View Poll Results: Homosexuality - your opinion?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sick, a disease, not normal.

54 40.91%
  • As long as they stay away from me, it's ok

37 28.03%
  • We should tolerate it.

41 31.06%
Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality

Last Online
    Monday, August 25th, 2008 @ 07:35 PM
    Platonic love
    Religion
    Transhumanism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In other words it's here to stay and we as a society have to think of how to deal with it.
    Sounds titillating.
    A good start would be to reinstate its status as a psychological (or genetic - in light of mounting evidence) disorder.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I saw this same article and thought of posting it, then I remember the last article I posted on homosexuality...got closed and ridiculed?

I don't go for all these studies show crap. Blah.
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 03:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    And then what? Would all gays have to be given counseling and therapy for their "psychiatric disorder", on taxpayer money?

Or would they be institutionalised? I'm sure locking up a bunch of gay men together in an instutution, with no women or hetero men around, would go a long way to making them stop being gay.

Last Online
    Platonic love
    Religion
    Transhumanism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And then what? Would all gays have to be given counseling and therapy for their "psychiatric disorder", on taxpayer money?

Or would they be institutionalised? I'm sure locking up a bunch of gay men together in an instutution, with no women or hetero men around, would go a long way to making them stop being gay.
    I haven't really got that far on contemplating the fate of sexual deviants, however homosexuality should be recognized for what it is, rather than celebrated. Eager tolerance towards it is only possible in "advanced civilizations", their progressivness measured by the warmth of their attitude towards social, mental and bodily sickness. There is a reason for the hardwired negative emotions in response to homosexuality in the majority of heterosexuals (http://majorityrights.com/images/upl..._nature_of.pdf - page 10). Same-sex preference is a survival disadvantage for any population, subspecies or species procreating via sexual reproduction.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, December 28th, 2008 @ 07:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    British
    Subrace
    sub-nordic
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    National Anarchist
    Religion
    Hatha Yoga
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Three big questions we are all asking:

Why and HOW are homosexual genetics passed from one generation to the next?

What survival advantage do the same genes give heterosexual carriers?

Did General Franco's ***Catholic Reformatories*** actually work?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 03:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGnostic View Post
    Same-sex preference is a survival disadvantage for any population, subspecies or species.
    That is of course obviously true. But if and when homosexuality is a hereditary condition, there is precious little we can about it -- unless we want to begin some sort of genetic scanning/modifying program to weed out any characteristics from future generations we find undesirable. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that that would present an ethical and moral dilemma the ramificatons of which would be ... considerable.

And btw, I much prefer living in an advanced civilisation than a primitive one.

Preferably one where one form of sexuality is not promoted over all the others, but one where people are simply left alone to live their own lives as they wish. We already have laws in place that protect (or at least are supposed to) people from sexual assault or abuse, regardless of the sexual orientation of the attacker. I don't think anything else is necessary.

Last Online
    Platonic love
    Religion
    Transhumanism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm sure I don't have to tell you that that would present an ethical and moral dilemma the ramificatons of which would be ... considerable.
    Public opinion has shifted away from societal views bailing from the verities and practicalities of nature since the 60's. This process has been furthered by left-wing academics and ideological clerics by vilification and is an expression of a value system of an emotive rather than rational basis. It would be foolish to examine any pragmatic approaches towards extensive eugenics within a framework of modern societies and their values, because any sentiment of concern for the quality of human genepools is a taboo and expressing them makes you an Evil Person™. For me, the case of handing over voluntarily the formation of the genetic composition of an individual, let alone a population, to the blind randomness of gamete formation presents an ethical and moral dilemma.

And btw, I much prefer living in an advanced civilisation than a primitive one.
    And why not? The progressiveness of modern civilization even bestows a sense of high self-esteem for degenerates by polished semantics - they are "special". And yet the very nature of an "advanced civilization" will be the demise of it.

We already have laws in place that protect (or at least are supposed to) people from sexual assault or abuse, regardless of the sexual orientation of the attacker. I don't think anything else is necessary.
    So you deem the well-being of a populace to be of importance? How is it that this sentiment doesn't encompass the genetic health or aptitude of the populace? Consciously letting dysgenic processes gain momentum and being happy about it isn't concordant with concerns for the well-being of your native population.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    East German
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    National
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Death and the Sun View Post

Nah, exiling them out of the country and shipping them to an island in the middle of nowehere would do.

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 03:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Death and the Sun View Post
    Preferably one where one form of sexuality is not promoted over all the others, but one where people are simply left alone to live their own lives as they wish. We already have laws in place that protect (or at least are supposed to) people from sexual assault or abuse, regardless of the sexual orientation of the attacker. I don't think anything else is necessary.
    How do you feel about bestiality and pedofilia?

hearthtender
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 07:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    How do you feel about bestiality and pedofilia?
    You seem to assume that animals and children can give informed consent. This has nothing to do with the topic but someone always brings it up. Homosexuality is a naturally occurring situation with humans and other animals. It has nothing to with pedophilia or bestiality and bringing it up just clouds the issue. Unlike the tripe that NAMBLA and others forward children cannot give full consent. Without consent it is abuse/rape. Pedophilia is a term that is used as an excuse for all kinds of nastiness and has nothing to do with love.

I never understood why people think that homosexuality is equivalent to rape, child abuse and bestiality. I can understand that it disturbs or disgusts some but the reaction is not that of a rational actor(as apposed to a tribal actor).

Back to the topic. I do not put much stock in many studies until I have looked into their funding but this seems plausible.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss