Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

The Fatherless Civilization

The Fatherless Civilization

From the desk of Fjordman on Mon, 2007-10-15 15:02

American columnist Diana West recently released her book The Death of the Grown-up, where she traces the decline of Western civilization to the permanent youth rebellions of the past two generations. The decade from the first half of the 1960s to the first half of the 1970s was clearly a major watershed in Western history, with the start of non-Western mass immigration in the USA, the birth of Eurabia in Western Europe and the rise of Multiculturalism and radical Feminism.

The paradox is that the people who viciously attacked their own civilization had enjoyed uninterrupted economic growth for decades, yet embraced Marxist-inspired ideologies and decided to undermine the very society which had allowed them to live privileged lives. Maybe this isn't as strange as it seems. Karl Marx himself was aided by the wealth of Friedrich Engels, the son of a successful industrialist.

This was also the age of decolonization in Western Europe and desegregation in the USA, which created an atmosphere where Western civilization was seen as evil. Whatever the cause, we have since been stuck in a pattern of eternal opposition to our own civilization. Some of these problems may well have older roots, but they became institutionalized to an unprecedented degree during the 1960s.

According to Diana West[/URL], the organizing thesis of her book "is that the unprecedented transfer of cultural authority from adults to adolescents over the past half century or so has dire implications for the survival of the Western world." Having redirected our natural development away from adulthood and maturity in order to strike the pop-influenced pose of eternally cool youth – ever-open, non-judgmental, self-absorbed, searching for (or just plain lacking) identity – we have fostered a society marked by these same traits. In short: Westerners live in a state of perpetual adolescence, but also with a corresponding perpetual identity crisis. West thinks maturity went out of style in the rebellious 1960s, "the biggest temper tantrum in the history of the world," which flouted authority figures of any kind.
    Read more...

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    And we used to be the adults. We're definitely regressing.

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 03:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wir sind allen Völker ohne Führung... We're people without a shepherd. And we desperately need one to guide us out of this sesspool of decadence and deprivation that was inflicted to us by an alien desert people and their greedy Shabbos goy.

Senior Member SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 01:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    That's a good article, but to fully understand the situation one must also research the Frankfurt School and the takeover of American educational institutions in the 1960s by the far left.

The relevancy of the fact that most of the Frankfurt School was jewish can be better understand by this article:

http://www.csulb.edu/~kmacd/books-immigration.html
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 03:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfTheVistula View Post
    That's a good article, but to fully understand the situation one must also research the Frankfurt School and the takeover of American educational institutions in the 1960s by the far left.
    It started long before the '60s. American and European societies were already degenerating during the first half of the 20th century. It merely stopped for two decades during WW2 and the process accelerated when it restarted in the '60s. That's why it may seem like everything started in the '60s, but that's just an illusion.

Senior Administrator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Married
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

Who needs dads? The single mum's guide to having a baby without a man

In a controversial new book, this defiantly single mother gives a step-by-step guide to having a baby without a man. But even she admits there's a bitter price to pay.

When Louise Sloan's son Scott was born in June last year he was obviously going to grow up to be the spitting image of his father - a tall, green-eyed, handsome, intelligent actor with a wry sense of humour and a love of music.

"I did wonder when Scott was born how I would feel about a child who looked like a man I'd never met," admits 44-year-old Louise, who picked the father of her child from a sperm donor bank. "But now I think of his biological father as a stranger who happens to look like my son."

Scott's father - or "Green Eyes" as Louise refers to him - was Louise's second choice of sperm donor. Her first was Dreamy, a tall, dark and handsome Mr Popular with blue eyes and a degree in environmental studies, who skied for his college team.

After six or seven failed attempts to get pregnant with Dreamy - a rather soulless "union" involving vials of sperm and turkey basters - Louise dropped him in favour of Green Eyes. On the third attempt, bingo.

Today Louise, a lesbian since the age of 19, is a contented single mother and proud of it. She is blissfully happy with her handsome, easy-going little son and is utterly confident her child will suffer no ill-effects from having no father.

"I think I'm a great mother," she says breezily, admitting that a nanny has just been hired full-time to bring up her son, while she works as a writer to support her "alternative" family.
    More...

Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I read an article about this book and this trend some weeks back. The image of the pregnant woman on the page was what drew my attention to the article, the title, "Knocking Yourself Up" kept my attention. I even posted it as a link in another thread as part of a reply.

I think this is absolutely disgusting.

Children without fathers are many times more likely to grow away from what are commonly referred to as "middle class values". I'd ask how people could think that distrupting the Natural Family could ever be a fine idea, but it's obvious that our society favors and loves the unnatural.

It is ideal for children to have both a mother figure and a father figure, a lack of a mother figure proving more detrimental to girls, a lack of a father figure proving more detrimental to boys.

I think the worst part of this is that a lot of these women who are "tristing with the turkey baster" later conscript guys, often unknowingly, to be stand-in fathers, such as friends.

Why do people get it in their heads that they can "select" which parts of the "Family Experience" they are going to deal with? It really baffles me, along the same lines as "Experiencing Womanhood" without menstruating, "Experiencing Motherhood" without actually giving birth, although the latter two are slightly more understandable and surely do have some sort of Natural relation, however distant it is.

If you can't tolerate any single man for long enough to have sex with him--isn't that Nature's (or God's) way of suggesting that maybe you shouldn't be pregnant? But yet again, who needs Nature. Natural Law doesn't apply in a liberated and accepting society....
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

Naturbursche
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fathers are needed aswell, even more if the Children is a Boy. If there is no father-Figure alot will be missing in a Boys Life. And Mothers often give a Boy to much Love which will make him to soft for his life.

Gruß,
    Boche

hearthtender
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 08:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Fathers are needed!

I have great respect for mothers who are doing their utmost for their children when the father is not available. To intentionally have children with no Dad strikes me as just perverse and cruel.

If for some reason a dad is not an option (death, extended foreign military service, abandonment, abuse, prison) then uncles and grandfathers are vital. I think that having some real father figure(stepfathers can be OK) is increadibly important to both boys and girls. Girls need to learn how to interact with men and how to expect to be treated. Boys need to see how to be a man and interact with the world.

Kids can turn out OK with just one parent if that is the way it has to be but it is incredably hard work. The parent has to make the child or children the center of their life. It is far from ideal. At a minimun children need one person who loves them unreasonably.Two biological parents are the best option for the sake of the kids. But we live in an imperfect world and adoption by a single parent who is dedicated is better than no parents.

I just saw this article about child abuse and non biological households. It is public knowledge that it kids are more likely to be abused my stepparents/parents partner.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 6th, 2008 @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Some mothers are bad, some fathers are useless, some couples argue and bicker and quite often couples split up. Then there are the slothish mums and dads and the those with no intelligence. There are many factors which make the raising of a child successful or not. Saying a child needs two parents is probably only definitely true at the point of conception.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast