View Poll Results: Is Christianity alien to Germanics?

Voters
534. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christianity is as alien to Germanics as Judaism and Islam.

    199 37.27%
  • Christianity is alien in origin, but it is less alien than Judaism and Islam.

    146 27.34%
  • Christianity is not alien to Germanics at all.

    163 30.52%
  • Other (please explain).

    26 4.87%
Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1355

Thread: Is Christianity Alien to Germanics?

  1. #21
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Reactionary
    Religion
    Pagan
    Posts
    589
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Re: Christianity not for Germanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by hodekin View Post
    Christianity is I think, Jewish in origin, Greek in thought and Roman in organisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    First, there is a number of alternative religions to christianity, including our traditional Germanic pre-christian religion.
    Yes. I would like to refer to the writings of German religious philosopher, conservative-folkish feminist and neurologist Dr Mathilde Ludendorff (1877-1966). Dr Ludendorff believed that humanity's misery was the combined result of Judaism, Christianity and Freemasonry. Her initially good relations with Adolf Hitler cooled off as from 1925, as she suspected that Hitler had clandestine connections with secret supra-national powers. Together with her third husband, German General Erich Ludendorff, she founded the "Bund für Deutsche Gotterkenntnis" ("Society for the German Knowledge of God") in 1931. In the denazification program after WW II she was one of the main accused, but an initial judgement was rescinded after two more court cases. Her Society was revived in 1951, but banned in 1961. The ban was lifted only in 1977, but the movements continues to be surveilled by the present regime governing Germany.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glynd Eastŵd View Post
    Being an agnostic myself, I have mixed reactions about Christianity. On the one hand, it's a shame that pagans were forced to convert to a foreign, Judaic religion. For sure we lost some of our Germanic heritage because of it. But at the same time, Christianity has helped to unify the continent and protect it against foreign oppressors throughout history (e.g Turkish or Moorish invaders).
    Yes, notwithstanding the fact that forced conversion to Christianity was accompanied by genocide and loss of culture that was akin and original to Germanic people, we cannot deny the fact that there were many positive Christian contributions to surviving Germanic culture, in particular during the Middle Ages.

    However, the status of Christian churches, in particular Protestant Churches, will have to be reviewed once the sovereignty of the Germanic nations are restored. I personally envisage a ban of the modern Lutheran Church in Germany, for instance, because of its animosity towards German people. The Roman Catholic Church and the Vatican itself will also have to assume responsibility about their silentism (silence = consent!) concerning the genocide of ethnic Germans in Germany's eastern territories under polish military administration and under the auspices of the polish Catholic Church (sorry to mention!).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff View Post
    So, is it OK to celebrate Christmas and Easter? Well, these are really not Christian holidays. They are what remains of much older ideas which perhaps go back to the Old Stone Age. Christians just usurped them.
    Yes, Christmas and Easter are very Germanic festivals in origin. Both events remain the core of today's surviving German culture. I feel so proud to be German when experiencing the richness of German civilisation during these festivities.

  2. #22
    Senior Member hodekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 @ 03:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Location
    East Anglia
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    English Nationalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Re: Christianity not for Germanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    This pagan tolerance of Semitic religions is the greatest reason for Aryan pagan weakness.

    Religion is political, and politics is religious.
    (It is false that they can ever be separated)
    I agree Nelson, but we must find our own ways instead of slavishly following in line!

    I too believe that the Semitic religion is not the way for Germanics. But like it or not, the one thing that seperates us from the bowing and scraping middle Eastern faiths is our sense of independence and personal dignity. If this means a Germanic chooses to follow or tolerate an alien faith then frustrating as that may be, so be it!

    Our sense of personal freedom of choice is our one prevailing strength and also our everlasting weakness.
    Last edited by Leofric; Wednesday, February 28th, 2007 at 04:28 AM. Reason: closing quote tag

  3. #23
    Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Engelbrecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 16th, 2012 @ 11:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Bruenn + Borreby
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Nerike Nerike
    Gender
    Age
    49
    Family
    Married parent
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Sv: Re: Christianity not for Germanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crownshelm View Post
    Are the Jews the most beautiful of people, are they the most powerful of people? I would say no. However, a constant theme in the Bible is that God chooses the people that you would least suspect to bring out His will. This is so that people will be able to see the work of God through whatever it is He is doing, basically to grab people's attention, and to rattle their cages, which He has certainly done.

    As I have mentioned earlier, Christianity is simply the revelation of God to His creation. The means of doing this, is by picking out an unlikely group of people, and through them sending His Son to save His creation. Christianity is a doctrine of love, not of ethnicity and race. We are all to celebrate our differences and delight in the place and time God has placed us, all for the Glory of the Father.

    This may sound jumbled and incoherent, but let me know what you think, Brutus.
    Thank you! This actually makes a lot of sense to me. Since I´m swedish you´ll have to oversee that I might not make correct translations. But in reference to the above statements, I come to think about the story about the lost son from the gospel of Luke.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mazorquero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 4th, 2016 @ 06:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Son of Mars
    Ancestry
    South Tirol mainly, Italy, Northern Spain and France
    Subrace
    Subnordid + Atlantoid admix
    Country
    Other Other
    Location
    Córdoba
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Peronista ortodoxo
    Religion
    Agnóstico
    Posts
    549
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Re: Christianity not for Germanics?

    Christianity is semitic, not germanic, not even European, not even Caucasian. So it's based in the semitic way of life. As somebody said previously, christianity was adopted by Constantin "the Great" (such an irony) because it was a religion suitable for controlling through fear the population. Semitic religions are based in fear, you are "trained" to fear everything because God will punish you (the same God who is "pure love"), you must accept without questioning a lot of misteries, like the trinity or the virginity of Mary. Just recall the thousands of years we are delayed in our development thanks to archaic statements like "Men have less ribs than women, no matter what Vessalius says".
    Modern christianity is a remake of selected on purpose books, ordered by one of the Ptolomean kings, and so we have the known New Testament and other evangelical texts oficially excluded from the christian Bible. The original christianity is still conserved in some regions of Ethiopy, and it's very different from what you'll find in the Vatican for example.
    Paganism (that's practically all other religions ever created) on the contrary, aren't about controlling people but about understanding Nature. Pagan Gods are the Sun, the Rain, the Sea, etc. and you must only take care of them and they will do the same for you (that's ecological behaviour), and if they do't do the same for you, you'll have the right to ask for it (Greek mythology for example, tells us about many cases ofmrtals who defeated Gods). Pagans accepted other people's Gods whereas evangelization included the killing of all those who didn't accept that Yahve is the only one (here we find a contradiction, because Yahve ordered jews to destroy tribes who adored other gods, so Yahve recognizes the existance of other gods). It's documentated that evangelizers ordered barbarians to cut down entire woods because that would exorcise all the bad spirits who lived in the woods, and pagans loved woods because they were a symbol of life. Other things that perjudicated our civilization were: equality between humans (origin of multiculturalism) and denial of sex as a socio-biological need (origin of alot of taboos and sexual perverts). We could spend quite a few days counting the damages that chritianity made to us and to other cultures.
    Some of them can be explained, since they are wrong interpretations of the ten commandments (if we try to understand the legend). Moses wrote those rules because they were necesary to keep calmed a large group while travelling through desert, but once they invaded Canaan (as jews are invading again Palestine) those rules became useless. However, Moses died before reaching Canaan and nobody realised of that.

  5. #25
    Senior Member æþeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 19th, 2008 @ 09:46 PM
    Age
    38
    Posts
    330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Re: Christianity not for Germanics?

    One of the strengths, or weaknesses depending on your point of view, about Christianity has been its adaptability. St Augustine would barely recognise Christianity in England today, largely because Christianity in northern Europe, which so quickly managed to assimilate much of the indigenous beliefs, was to gradually succumb to the world view of northern Europeans. It is no mistake that the Reformation was largely confined to northern Europe, individual freedom is something we prise, and it is something that the Church has had to live with since it first arrived in the northern lands.

    Christianity in the Germanic lands was a very different breed of religion compared to Christianity in today’ England, or Scandinavia. Christ the warrior was far more in vogue amongst the warrior classes, pretty much a like for like replacement for Woden, indeed many Heathens, like King Raedwald, had no difficulty incorporating Christ into their religious outlook.

    I personally have nothing against Christians, as long as they take my polite hint that I am not Christian and accept that, I have many Christian friends who have, but I have also had the misfortune to encounter the militant types as well. I have studied Christianity, the Bible, and rejected it for my own reasons; I am Heathen for my own reasons as well, and for different reasons to most other Heathens.
    Wita sceal geþyldig, ne sceal no to hatheort ne to hrædwyrde, ne to wac wiga ne to wanhydig, ne to forht ne to fægen, ne to feohgifre ne næfre gielpes to georn, ær he geare cunne. Beorn sceal gebidan, þonne he beot spriceð, oþþæt collenferð cunne gearwe hwider hreþra gehygd hweorfan wille.

    http://www.odinic-rite.org/index2.html
    http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Last Online
    Thursday, March 17th, 2011 @ 04:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Location
    Berkshire
    Gender
    Age
    52
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    IT
    Politics
    White Nationalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Posts
    92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    As I can see when I look around this forum and when reading polls, many of you germanic people at this forum define your selfs as christian. By tradition I too define myself as christian.

    But recently I have started to feel that it´s a problem for me as a christian that it is a semitic religion, created by and for semitic people, not germanic people.

    What is your view on this issue?

    Is it a problem or not?

    Eihter way - why or why not?

    A 'Semitic religion'? Nonsense.

    Christianity was born in the territory that is now Israel, but that does not automatically make it a Jewish religion - far from it. The Jews hated Jesus and resented the fact that he was trying to change their whole way of thinking. Everything about Christianity is alien to the Jewish mentality; the Jews only care about their own interests, while Christianity is universal. I see no conflict between the Christian religion and Germanic traditions; infact Hitler, of all people, recognised this and chastised Himmler's attempts to bring back paganism.

    Whether one likes it or not, Christianity is too ingrained in Western culture to be cast aside, and it also provides a useful moral benchmark for society as a whole. What we should focusing on is to develop the Christian religion to reflect our values, not attempt to replace it with ridiculous pagan nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weiler View Post
    Christianity is as much Greek as it is Semitic. Any scholar of Christianity knows that Greek thought had great influence on the New Testament.

    Yet even if Christianity were 100% Semitic, why would that matter? If Jews had invented the automobile, would you be reluctant to drive a car?


    If you're defining your religion out of "tradition," that sounds like a poor reason. You should adhere to a religion because you actually believe it.

    A very valid point.

  7. #27
    Account Disabled on Request
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 09:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Posts
    3,345
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Re: Christianity not for Germanics?

    On the Bible being Jewish: The Old Testament is a collection of myths and fables, the stories are amalgams of various actual events in ancient times, embellished greatly for effect. It is all allegorical, just as the mythology of various heathen paths are. If you approach the Bible that way, it does make more sense to look toward one's own mythology to find an idea of God & the spirit. But Christianity is defined by the New Testament, not the Old Testament. The Jewish fables of the Old Testament are important to Christians as a sort of bibliography which explains a certain verses & prophecies of the New Testament. You can understand the story of Christianity without reading the long-winded "prequel," but the O.T. comes in handy as a reference in some cases.

    Most people in the world go along with whatever religion they were raised in or whatever the majority faith is in their homeland out of a sense of duty to family traditions or feelings of patriotism. These people are allowing earthly matters to govern their spirit! Since their religiosity is superficial, they don't ask many questions and tend to be far less knowledgeable (beyond parroting whatever they read or hear) about their own faith than genuine truth-seekers.

    Wisdom is where you find it. If everyone in history took the attitude of "If something isn't from my people, it must be worthless to me," there would have been no exchange of ideas, technologies, or philosophies in our world. That said, if you get a good feeling about Germanic heathenism and it makes more sense to you as an individual than Christianity, if it fills a void that going to church wasn't filling- that is all the answer you need.

  8. #28
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Online
    Thursday, March 15th, 2007 @ 06:02 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    transient
    Gender
    Posts
    3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Re: Christianity not for Germanics?

    What is this nonsense that we need salvation?? salvation from what? This doctrine that we are all born guilty of some terrible sin and need salvation from some figure called Jesus is bizarre. Christianity is very obviusly based on Judaism, if it were not so, the Old Testament ( which is wholly Jewish) would not form any part of Christianity, but of course it does. The only real difference between Judaism and Christianity is that the jews are still waiting for the ``messiah`` whereas the Christians think he already arrived and will be popping back again sometime. Is this religion for Gemranics? yeah if they are sheep.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2007 @ 09:52 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Religion
    Germanic Paganism
    Posts
    32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Re: Christianity not for Germanics?

    'Christianity' is semitic poison.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tancred View Post
    A 'Semitic religion'? Nonsense.

    Christianity was born in the territory that is now Israel, but that does not automatically make it a Jewish religion - far from it.
    Nonsense?

    Even if Jesus was not 100% ethnically Jewish; there is no doubt -- according to the new testament -- that he was philo-semitic:
    e.g. "Salvation is of the Jew"
    All Jesus' disciples were Jews; and the most important formative character in Christianity, Paul (or Saul) of Tarsus was a highly educated cosmopolitan jew - familiar with Aryan philosophies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tancred View Post
    The Jews hated Jesus and resented the fact that he was trying to change their whole way of thinking.
    Everything about Christianity is alien to the Jewish mentality; the Jews only care about their own interests, while Christianity is universal.
    This is the brief history according to the new testament:

    1) Jesus preached almost exclusively to Jews.
    2) There was a struggle within the Jewish world for spiritual control (i.e. between orthodox Jews and Christians)
    3) The orthodox Jews won the struggle and had Jesus put to death...

    What happens next is the most crucial phase of 'Christianity':
    (known as historical Christianity)

    After the death of Jesus, his 'followers' (who had already proved their disloyalty) -- ignored his request that they preach to the Jews first of all -- began travelling about the Roman Empire (and beyond), spreading their message to the non-Jewish world.

    According to the biblical account, Jesus was trying to change the Jewish world primarily, yet the greater energies of his Jewish disciples were curiously reserved for non-Jews (in Rome and the Levant particularly)...

    Why was this?

    It was the process of preaching to foreigners (led by Paul of Tarsus) that the Jews designed a religion - 'Christianity' - for Aryan consumption:
    Adding esoteric aspects of Aryan religions (the mystery cults), and taking Greek philosophy to augment the philosophically impoverished Jewish system.

    This was a cynical process that introduced the "deliberate lie" into religion: creating a system appealing to an Aryan, that masked the lie of human equality within.


    The deliberate lie is the greatest ferment for destruction of the noble race.
    Hence our greatest spiritual enemy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tancred View Post
    I see no conflict between the Christian religion and Germanic traditions; infact Hitler, of all people, recognised this and chastised Himmler's attempts to bring back paganism.
    The true nature of Adolf's religious beliefs are not necessarily the same as his public displays would suggest. This is because Christianity was a dangerous potential opponent, and a direct conflict would have been disastrous.

    To get an insight into Adolf's real world-view then one must look at the following:

    National Socialism was based primarily on the higher good of the race (something Christianity denies the existence of - let alone importance)

    One of Adolf's favourite philosophers was Julianus Apostata, Roman emperor from 361-363 C.E.
    A note: known in English as Julian the Apostate, he was the philosopher king who renounced Christianity and attempted (unsuccessfully) to bring back paganism as the Empire's religion.

    Adolf's private speeches reveal a very different attitude to Christianity than his public speeches. (this is well documented, and I won't post any material on this now)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tancred View Post
    Whether one likes it or not, Christianity is too ingrained in Western culture to be cast aside, and it also provides a useful moral benchmark for society as a whole. What we should focusing on is to develop the Christian religion to reflect our values, not attempt to replace it with ridiculous pagan nonsense.
    This is absolutely false:
    Christianity is both recent (in terms of Aryan history), and alien.

    Christianity's 'moral benchmark' is a universalist morality that serves us only in that it cripples our natural survival instinct for the race.

    The Christian religion is Semitic at the core.
    Changing the facade is an exercise in delusion - the whole religion needs to be destroyed - and for all time.
    (Though Christianity will naturally die on the weight of its own lies, without any need for external assistance - something that is happening with greater acceleration as scientific knowledge increases)

    ...

    To all those that believe Northern European Christianity is not detrimental to our people because of the large Northern Aryan philosophical influence:

    'Northern Christianity' has been cynically designed for Northern Aryan consumption: just the way Paul of Tarsus did for the Southern Aryans in the Levant and Southern Europe...

    The design:
    Mix enough traditional Aryan culture to the religion to make it palatable; yet keep the Semitic core intact within.

    Aryans, you have been poisoned.

    Wake up!
    Last edited by Nelson; Sunday, February 25th, 2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: grammar

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 01:13 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Tribalist
    Religion
    Theodish Anglo-Saxon Heathen
    Posts
    17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Re: Christianity not for Germanics?

    This debate is made more difficult for a couple of reasons I have not seen mentioned. To save space I will outline them.

    1) Judaism is not a pure Semitic religion. It borrowed heavily from Zoroastrianism which is an IE religion. It was also influenced by Greek philosophy.

    2) Christianity was influenced by Mithraism, Greek philosophy, and Roman paganism.

    Therefore, neither religion can be said to be Semitic or Indo-European. Indeed they are a bastardization of both. However, that alone would not keep one from saying a Germanic could not be Jewish or Christian. After all there would be elements of both that could appeal to a person of Germanic descent.

    More to the point though is that both religions are at odds with native religious thought. Christianity is actually moreso than Judaism. Forgiveness for example is alien to Germanic thought. According to Germanic paganism one could not be forgiven for sins. They incurred a debt and had to repay that debt. Some crimes the debt could not be repayed and death was the only consequence. Wrong doers went to Niflhel or Nastrand. There was no divine intervention to save them as belief in the deities was not sufficent to save one from the depths of "Hell." At the same time, while misdeeds could keep one out of Valhalla or other realms of the Gods, good deeds could get them in. Chrisitianity runs contrary to this. Belief alone can get one to Heaven, and good deeds do not if one does not believe. Germanic culture is still, even today ripe with Germanic pagan thought so that it is difficult for a Germanic to accept many basic Christian principles.

    Now that is not to say that Christiannity is unacceptable for all Germanics. Some may be able to accept Christian principles over that of the native Germanic. Or there may be forms of Chrisitianity that have been Germanicized. There is much in popular Germanic Christian culture that is pagan in origin. The idea that the dead become angels is not orthodox Christian thought, and some forms of Christianity do not take forgiveness as being the only way to get to Heaven. Still, I personally feel Germanic Heathenry is the best religion for the Germanic, and the only way to untangle the moral hodge podge that our cultures have become.

Similar Threads

  1. Style of Ancient Germanics Comparing with Modern Germanics
    By Curious in forum Fashion & Beauty
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Monday, January 30th, 2012, 01:35 AM
  2. Do Non-Germanics Have an Inferiority Complex in Relation to Germanics?
    By Bärin in forum Germanic & Indo-Germanic Origins
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Thursday, December 22nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Friday, April 22nd, 2011, 12:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •