Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

'Nazi' row sinks German TV star

'Nazi' row sinks German TV star

The German television network NDR has sacked a prominent talk show host after she praised the family model promoted by the Nazis.

NDR said Eva Herman, 48, was fired after confirming quotes printed by the newspaper Bild am Sonntag.

She said "values like the family, children and motherhood, which were promoted in the Third Reich too, were later scrapped by the 68ers".

She was referring to the radicalism that swept the West in the 1960s.

She made the remarks at the launch of her latest book on Friday, called The Noah's Ark Principle - Why we must save the Family.

NDR's programme director, Volker Herres, issued a statement saying that "Herman's authorial activities are, in our view, no longer compatible with her role as a television moderator and talk show host".

Herman had previously appeared as a newsreader on the Tagesschau bulletin, but stood down last year before the publication of The Eve Principle to protect the neutrality of the programme.
    Source

Uttering the name of the Third Reich in the slightest positive sentence is now officially a crime in Germany.
    "The heavenly motions... are nothing but a continuous song for several voices, perceived not by the ear but by the intellect,
    a figured music which sets landmarks
    in the immeasurable flow of time."

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 10:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Yes that was a good example on how "democratic" Germany is.

Besides that every normal thinking person knows that the family politics in the 3.Reich was the best yet.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 @ 11:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Follow up:

German TV Host Shown the Door, Again

Herman, Who Lost Job Over Nazi Family Values Remarks, Exits Talk Show

Author Eva Herman during the taping of the talk show "Kerner" on TV channel ZDF in Hamburg, Germany, Tuesday. (Wolfgang Lehmann, ZDF/AP Photo)

By CHRISTEL KUCHARZ

PASSAU, Germany. Oct. 10, 2007

Eva Herman, who was sacked from her job as a German TV host last month following her controversial remarks about Nazi family values, once again found herself out in the cold Tuesday.

Herman appeared on German public broadcaster ZDF's "Johannes B. Kerner" talk show and was asked several times whether she regretted her comments in which she lauded family planning under the Nazis, whose reign of terror in Germany lasted from 1934 to 1945.

"If we are not allowed to speak about Nazi family values, we also can't talk about highways that were built then and on which we are still driving," she replied.

A visibly frustrated Kerner decided to end his conversation with Herman and motioned her toward the door. Herman then left the studio; her PR manager told ABCNEWS.com that she was not available to speak to the media.

In a statement issued by ZDF, Kerner said: "I had hoped that Mrs. Herman would explain her controversial remarks during our talk, but when it became clear that we couldn't make any headway I ended my discussion with her and turned to the other guests."

Last month Herman, 48, a prominent TV presenter, talk show host and author of two books, was sacked by her network after she praised family values while presenting one of her books, making a connection to Adolf Hitler's Third Reich.

In her book "The Noah's Ark Principle -- Why We Must Save the Family," she wrote, "It was a gruesome time with a totally crazy and highly dangerous leader who led the Germans into ruin as we all know. But there was also something good at the time, and that is family values, that is the children, that is the families, that is a togetherness -- something that was all abolished, something we no longer have."

She also said: "Women should stay at home and bear children rather than focus on their careers."

In the presentation, she told an audience that "values such as family, children and motherhood, which were also promoted in the Third Reich, were subsequently abandoned by the 1968 generation."

Herman has maintained that her statements were taken out of context. She told Bild Zeitung, "I expressly distanced myself from the Third Reich at several points. ... One has put my statement into its overall context. This is not about Hitler's values but about basic human values, which were abused in the Third Reich and later abolished."

Before Herman's firing, guests had canceled appearances on her talk show, and NDR network executives expressed concern over her remarks about family values and motherhood.

Frau Herman is free to carry on her 'crusade for motherhood,' but this is no longer compatible with her role as NDR TV presenter," the broadcaster said in a statement in September. Herman, who is married for the third time and mother of one child, was furious. She refused to apologize and complained of a media witch hunt against her.

Source

Firestorm over German TV Presenter's Nazi Remarks Grows

Author and former German TV presenter Eva Herman got kicked off a major talk show this week for refusing to apologize for statements she made that allegedly glorified Nazi-era family policies. Herman is now at the center of a growing culture war.

Full article

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    She was even part of an Anti-Nazi project, I forget its name (I usually do ), she is quite tough though, usually excessive apologies follow such statements, I respect her for that.
    I even wrote her an email that she should not subject herself to the media, and I subtly asked her if she now knew how cool the current brD really is
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)