View Poll Results: Are you in favour of capital punishment?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and it should be used often

103 42.39%
  • Yes, but it should be sparingly

86 35.39%
  • No it is immoral

14 5.76%
  • No because miscarriages of justice are inevitable

29 11.93%
  • Other (please elaborate)

11 4.53%
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You in Favour of the Death Penalty/Capital Punishment?

Last Online
    Monday, November 19th, 2018 @ 12:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swiss
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    Fraidenker
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: The Death Penalty - Yes or No?

I vote No. The number one reason I vote no is that sometimes people get convicted even if they are innocent. It happens al to often that a prisoner gets released because the justice system found out that this individual person was in fact innocent after all. If that person is in Jail he can be released and even dough depending on how long the innocent person has bean in jail a chunk of hes live will have bean destroyed, But it is possible to stop the punishment from that time forward and give the victim financial compensation. If however the person would have received the death penalty and hes innocence gets proven at a later date there is nothing anybody can do to even partially stop the punishment

I still think that a lot of Criminals deserve the death penalty but because none of the judges have Sean the crime and every related aspect of it with their own eyes you can never be 100% shore and this is why I vote No.!
    Dummheit kennt keine Grenzen

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Swiss
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    Fraidenker
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: AW: The Death Penalty - Yes or No?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig

I don't support death penalty for the same reason I don't support murder - someone's right to live/die should only be decided by that someone. That things don't exactly work this way within society, that's another story.
    The victim should have the right to kill but he cant because he is already dead. The next person in line with that right in my opinion would be A eye witness friend or Family of the Victim. but that does not work out either because unless friends or family saw the crime with their own eyes It could be a setup. And for the Eyewitness if he were to kill the Criminal how is he going to prove to others that what he did was sincere.

So If you see with your own eyes one of your friends or Family getting murdered by somebody for no reason and you want a death penalty you have to kill the murderer yourself and never tell anybody and make shure you don't get caught. This is the only time the death penalty is acceptable.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

That would only lead to anarchy. We would go backwards. Not getting caught? I think it is dangerous to think that way.

Do you think we would have a healthy society with everyone taking the law in their own hands? Where would it end? You kill someone in my family and I kill someone in yours, and so forth?

Quote Originally Posted by Kempolatoss
    So If you see with your own eyes one of your friends or Family getting murdered by somebody for no reason and you want a death penalty you have to kill the murderer yourself and never tell anybody and make shure you don't get caught. This is the only time the death penalty is acceptable.

Last Online
    Saturday, January 13th, 2007 @ 09:44 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Paleoconservative
    Religion
    Anglo Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes. The death penalty has always been a valuable tool for Governments to keep subjects in line. Do not even get me started on over population and the decreasing cultural value of modern man compared to the renaissance and so forth.
    "People demand freedom of speech as compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use" - Soren Kierkegaard

Recessive Supremacy
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, May 15th, 2006 @ 09:25 AM
    Subrace
    Borreby > Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Med Student
    Politics
    Pastafarian
    Religion
    Christianized Neo-Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, I guess the time has come for me to elaborate on my one word answer. I apologize for my former abruptness in the discussion, but I’ve been to busy the last couple of days to draft a proper response.

The Death Penalty, why I say no (morals behind the position):

First I must mention one of the cores of my morals, I believe human life is invaluable. This attributes to my stance against war, in my opinion war is a last resort, and should be used to defend a nation against an aggressor only. It is not that I’m necessarily against the causes behind a given war, but that I believe the loss of even one Human life is to great of a cost. This belief that human life is invaluable extends to my stance on abortion as well. While we must be cautious not to deny the Volk liberty, we must be wary of valuing a personal freedom above human life. Pregnancy is by definition temporary; terminating a pregnancy prematurely by means of abortion does not prevent birth, it prevents live birth. Abortion reduces the gestation period, and destroys a human fetus, which would otherwise develop into a human being. I support abortion only as a life saving medical procedure to be used to save a mother, of which bearing a child to term would cause a significant health risk.

The Death Penalty:
    I question mankind’s right to decide what crimes are so heinous that they are worthy of death. I believe even when a death penalty is handed down by a jury of ones peers it is still murder. Juries hide behind their numbers to commit a terrible act. It goes back to the dangers of group mentality, “if we all agree, and act together, then none of us is individually culpable”. While this may be true, it doesn’t erase the damage. Such thinking can be attributed to the most treble aspects of human history. Even in a group setting we must be accountable for our own actions, and personally shoulder the responsibility of them.

Found Guilty, but Innocent:
    Many people have been found guilty of committing crimes, and some even sentenced to death, and latter found to be innocent by undeniable DNA and, fingerprint evidence. In such cases a man (or women) later found to be innocent can be given back his or her freedom. However if a death sentence is carried out, how can we right this? Mankind cannot grant life, it can only take life. Does issuing an official apology do a dead man (or, women) do them any good? One could argue that the death penalty be reserved for those whose guilt we are sure of. However, some have been convicted by a jury of their peers, who were sure of the accuseds’ guilt beyond all reasonable doubt, an later found to be innocent. If we are truly sure beyond all reasonable doubt, then how could new evidence later prove innocence? I thought the group claimed they were sure of guilt beyond all reasonable doubt... Obviously, this is no guarantee of an individual’s guilt.
    Last edited by Bismark; Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005 at 04:44 PM.
    http://www.geocities.com/jdickins87/bismarkssig.PNG

Ignorance is bliss,
    Knowledge is depressing.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried
    Could you provide sources that the number of really dangerous criminals is decreasing?
    just a statistic from the last 10 years and only for my own country,germany.
    Morde in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland Quelle: Bundeskriminalamt Jahr Fälle Versuchte Fälle Schusswaffe dabei Aufklärung 1994 1.146 547 (= 47,7%) 220 88,5% 1995 1.207 602 (= 49,9%) 226 89,7% 1996 1.184 563 (= 47,6%) 237 88,2% 1997 1.036 500 (= 48,3%) 229 92,8% 1998 903 451 (= 49,9%) 196 93,2% 1999 962 480 (= 49,9%) 206 93,0% 2000 930 476 (= 51,2%) 170 94,7% 2001 860 436 (= 50,7%) 181 94,1% 2002 873 452 (= 51,8%) 138 96,7% 2003 829 435 (= 52,5%) 140 95,2% 2004 792 432 (= 54,5%) 104 96,5%

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Swiss
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    Fraidenker
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Glenlivet
    That would only lead to anarchy. We would go backwards. Not getting caught? I think it is dangerous to think that way.

Do you think we would have a healthy society with everyone taking the law in their own hands? Where would it end? You kill someone in my family and I kill someone in yours, and so forth?
    No we probably wouldn't have a healthy society. But we don't exactly have a healthy society with the law in the Governments hand either. I don't think that any Family member should pay for the crime a relative committed what I meant was that a family member of the victim would avenge the victim by killing The Murderer not a relative of the Murderer.

Besides the government Does not exactly a good job on that subject either for instance If your parents would Steal large amounts of Money or cause expensive damage and Die before they paid their depths and fines you would Inherit those even if you have bean a good citizen.
    The government is as primitive as any other Idiot that walks around and in the end it always comes back to the same thing, The strongest rules Wether it Be trough strong muscles and fighting skills as in the cafe man dais or Trough power Armies weapons money and manipulation. He who has the largest numbers and or Firepower puts up the rules because he is the strongest. How fair , unfair correct or incorrect those rules are has nothing to do with it.
    I don't like the way the world is run right now. and at the moment I stand alone against all. Should I ever possess the power to change things I shore as hell will. and some people would love me fore it and some people would hate me.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glenlivet
    . I think we should also consider innocence and the death penalty.

That's the real problem of all the subject. Death penality could be justified in some cases, yes, but it's an irreversible penality. If sussist an error in the judment ? It happens in every country of the world. If you (judge) condemn a people to life prison, then you discover he is innocent, you can give him again his freedom. But if he has been executed you can't give him again his life.

a.k.a. Slå ring om Norge
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Arkansas Arkansas
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Death Penalty-The Lighthouse of Humanism

It is a not uncommon opinion that Nordic jura are not compatible with the populations thirst for justice. We like to believe that our law, jura, and penalties should act as ideals for the rest of the world.

Norwegian law are best suited to break down peoples common respect for law and justice. The regards for murders, rapists and thugs comfort and rights, are often far higher priorized than those of their victims.

The resources that are used on these can not be compared. In Noway, it costs about 1.2 millions annual to keep a prisoner.

This is called “humanism” but is it really? Human rights should be for human beings.
    But by denying their victims these rights, these criminals have stated that such rights are not valid, and should then logically have lost these rights themselves.

The socalled “humanism” have to set certain limits for what we can accept from “humans”, before they lose the right to be considered human.

Human rights should be reserved those such that respects other humans has the same rights. Also among criminals, it’s axiom that respect is basical. Let us take that serious. By not respecting others, they shall lose respect themselves.

Humanism should care for humanity, not for its enemies. The extermination of twolegged vermin in “human” shape may therefore be much closer to genuine humanism than the quack version “save the antraxbacteria “

In a religious or spiritual perspective, one also does the candidates to DP a favour, by letting them meet themselves in the door, and thereby be given the option to learn to not do such things again. There will also be some a element of penalty in it, at the same time as one eliminates the risk for repeated crimes.

To take away the criminals the option to pay with the most costly one have, is also a manner to take away their responsibility for own actions of cruelty.

The PC`s brags that “human” threathment of all kind of scum have a rehabilizing and preventive effect. That is a bad taste joke, only possible to believe in if one “believe” really hard, and do not consider common sense. Ask the victims and their dear ones. Honestly, all consideration to the victims should come first, and there should be anything left, one could throw a bone to vermin in human shape.

Politicians, criminalogists and their alikes seems to long ago have lost the respect for common sense. These believes themselves to know much better than ordinary people. The consequenzes of this arrogance is unfortunatelt flourishing, and the respect for law and order are in full dissolvement, one shall be as blind as Justitia, or corrupt to not be aware of that.

Last Online
    Friday, September 12th, 2008 @ 06:56 PM
    Subrace
    East Baltid
    Occupation
    Accountant
    Politics
    White Supremacist
    Religion
    Learning Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    That system is very fine, but it is meant for a different form of society, one wherein everyone know eachother.
    So that once the murderer is released all they see in the town will recognise them, and know not just the murderer but his/her famiy aswell as the victim and his/her family too.

It is relevant there because each hand is needed, and causing bitterness will soon sour half the community. Everyone deals with everyone, if not daily.. you cannot go a week without seeing those others.

But in a faceless society, something else is called for.
    But is a faceless society really what enyone wants, or would it be good to limit communities to say 3000 people in size? Rather than create a faceless sytem for faceless drones..
    Ignored: Nicholas