View Poll Results: Which would you prefer as a lesser evil option in a multiethnic and/or multiracial society?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • (True) multiculturalism, aka multiple, separate cultures sharing the same space and retaining their ancestral heritage.

33 75.00%
  • Assimilation/integration of immigrants, aka "when in Rome, do as the Romans do". Immigrants would for example, need to learn the language of the country they are in, adopt its dress code and adapt to its culture.

11 25.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assimilation/Integration vs. Separation - Which Model Would Best Serve a Multiethnic or Multiracial Society?

Cnooc

Assimilation/Integration vs. Separation - Which Model Would Best Serve a Multiethnic or Multiracial Society?

Many of you here oppose immigration (particularly third world immigration) on the grounds that immigrants refuse to assimilate into the culture of their host nations. They import their culture, their language, and their customs with them, mostly living among themselves and apart from the mainstream of their host societies, creating the ethnic neighborhoods and the multiculturalism that many WNs detest.

But if one were to look deeper into the issue, wouldn't large-scale assimilation of non white immigrant groups be detrimental to your cause, because it is germanic cultural AND racial preservation. If immigrants were to be assimilated with the native population, wouldn't it inherently mean greater miscegenation which white nationalists are so vocal against? Would not cultural assimilation be counter productive to racial preservation? Or is this that you guys place cultural preservation over racial preservation? Please explain

Personally, I am not against racial miscegenation, what is more important is that couples have compatible personalities, interests, desires, etc to creating a longlasting relationship.

I also think that immigration will be an inevitable by product of prosperity. As long as western nations remain relatively affluent and enjoy high standard of living and GDP per capita, immigrants from less fortunate countries will continue to stream into the more prosperous ones. This is why eastern european nations such as poland and russia are relatively more homogenous than france or britain, for example.
    Last edited by Cnooc; Friday, October 14th, 2005 at 05:33 AM.

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Tydal/Litorid/Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Identitär
    Religion
    Indo-europeisk Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Post Re: Assimilation v Separation

Quote Originally Posted by CNOOC
    Many of you here oppose immigration (particularly third world immigration) on the grounds that immigrants refuse to assimilate into the culture of their host nations. They import their culture, their language, and their customs with them, mostly living among themselves and apart from the mainstream of their host societies, creating the ethnic neighborhoods and the multiculturalism that many WNs detest.
    1. Skadi is not a specifically WN forum. "White Nationalism" is an American ideology, Skadi is about Germanic preservation.

2. Very few of us here are against the fact that immigrants refuse to mix and assimilate. If we are against ethnic neighbourhoods, it is for other reasons, such as the fact that they are a very clear example of the large-scale invasion of our own homelands. Compare with the Palestinians. They are not against Jewish settlers because they "refuse to assimilate", but because they are stealing the land.

But if one were to look deeper into the issue, wouldn't large-scale assimilation of non white immigrant groups be detrimental to your cause, because it is germanic cultural AND racial preservation. If immigrants were to be assimilated with the native population, wouldn't it inherently mean greater miscegenation which white nationalists are so vocal against? Would not cultural assimilation be counter productive to racial preservation? Or is this that you guys place cultural preservation over racial preservation? Please explain
    See answer above. Race is a basis for culture, as exemplified by how Western culture is expressed in Afro-American neighbourhoods. Cultural assimilation is detrimental, for all parties involved.

Personally, I am not against racial miscegenation, what is more important is that couples have compatible personalities, interests, desires, etc to creating a longlasting relationship.
    And that very raraely is the case in bi-racial/bi-cultural relationships. I have happened to have the opportunity to see many of those relationships in my work, and it is rarely a pretty reality. It is both a case of cultural differences, and differences based in racial psychology.

I also think that immigration will be an inevitable by product of prosperity. As long as western nations remain relatively affluent and enjoy high standard of living and GDP per capita, immigrants from less fortunate countries will continue to stream into the more prosperous ones. This is why eastern european nations such as poland and russia are relatively more homogenous than france or britain, for example.
    That is simply not true. The rich oil-countries deport their guest-workers regularly. Many rich countries value their ethnic identity, and have no problems dealing with unwanted immigration. It is the "Western" leaders who are too weakened by anti-realistic ideologies like Boasian a-racist, and multiculturalist, thought, to act.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Post Re: Assimilation v Separation

Yes indeed, I do oppose immigration. However, you make a good point and I would rather that immigrants keep to themselves here and NOT assimilate.

Again, I am against immigration but yes, if we are to have them, I would rather that they stay amongst their own kind.

Your later points I can full well agree with. As for your first statement here however, you will likley find little support of here.

Agreed.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Multiculturalism: Assimilation/Integration vs. Separation

We are unfortunately in a situation where we cannot ignore the foreigners in our countries. Which do you prefer and why? Ideally, I would prefer neither, however, out of two bad things, I believe assimilation is the worst because it turns the immigrants into Americans and they start feeling like they belong to this country and its culture.

Last Online
    Monday, February 18th, 2008 @ 04:49 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Multiculturalism is the invention of loony liberals and destructive to the economy because the immigrants will never work.

Indoctrination of children to "tolerance" at schools is also a part of multiculturalism.

If the aim is assimilation this fosters attitudes like "get a job or leave this country". The greater part of Third World immigrants is also incapable of assimilating to a modern technological society.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'd prefer true multiculturalism to the assimilation of non-Europid elements. At least then they remain segregated.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    (True) multiculturalism.

The word implies diversity, and that is good. It is good that we have differences, and I'd like to keep it that way. ^^ So multiculturalism > assimilation, any day. Of course the modern meaning of multiculturalism isn't so good... it's really just assimilation in disguise, in my opinion.
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Multiculturalism.. but only up to a degree. And it depends what peoples this society is consisting off. In the case of my country: let the Europeans, North-Americans and Anzacs enjoy a multicultural society enjoy their culturals alongside ours, and for those who are not European: assimilation or go home. Their cultures are too from our Dutch cultures (we havequite a few differences from province to province and north to south) and they will only damage it, not enrich it. As we have seen over the last 40 years...
    Allthough I do also believe that modern American culture is just as damaging.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 17th, 2009 @ 06:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't like either of them.

I prefer immigration to not occur, and in lieu of that (in places without a native culture), I prefer, assimilation.

Culture can only remain if assimilation occurs.

Otherwise, it's eaten alive by the newly arrived one.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 19th, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    English (50%), German (20%), Irish (12.5%), Lithuanian (12.5%), Scottish, Dutch, French
    Woden, Thunor, Frīg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Dam*n, it's a tough decision if you put it like that. Personally, I wouldn't want multiculturalism or assimilation. Either way you get a blending of peoples and cultures.

I chose assimilation just because atleast the people would be of similar cultural background, but that doesn't change the fact that the people could be of different racial backgrounds.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast