View Poll Results: Which would you prefer as a lesser evil option in a multiethnic and/or multiracial society?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • (True) multiculturalism, aka multiple, separate cultures sharing the same space and retaining their ancestral heritage.

33 75.00%
  • Assimilation/integration of immigrants, aka "when in Rome, do as the Romans do". Immigrants would for example, need to learn the language of the country they are in, adopt its dress code and adapt to its culture.

11 25.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assimilation/Integration vs. Separation - Which Model Would Best Serve a Multiethnic or Multiracial Society?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Multiculturalism is often a tendentious misnomer denoting melting-potism. It might be different elsewhere, but in Scandinavia it is used by those self-loathing leftists, who insist that the Scandinavian culture doesn't exist and/or is boring, and that we all benefit so much from having the entire world around. In their discourse, multiculturalism is not the opposite of assimilation, and noone else uses the word in any positive sense.

To make it more clear, the choice could be between ethnopluralism and assimilation, they are rather opposite concepts.
    God expects but one thing of you,
    and that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being made
    and let God be God in you.

Meister Eckhart

Do U believe in God? | Svensk förskola | Vem äger media? | CA ban on mom & dad | Birth control causes breast cancer

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesDexterWard
    It might be different elsewhere, but in Scandinavia it is used by those self-loathing leftists, who insist that the Scandinavian culture doesn't exist and/or is boring, and that we all benefit so much from having the entire world around.
    This discussion is a perfect example; it is taking place between two so-called self-loathing leftists, one Swede and one Greek (not me ):

Swede:

"Jag tror att det är lite det som gör många svenskar så avundsjuka på invandrargrupper. Ni har en kultur, en identitet, en historia, någonting som binder ihop er. Och vad har vi? Vi har midsommarafton och sådana töntiga saker"

Greek:

"Jaså, är svenskar avundsjuka på turkarnas historia??? Man tar sig för pannan...

Om sånt vore fallet så borde svenskar åtminstone dyrka oss greker för vår rika historia (Om inte betala nån slags skat till Grekland :-DDD....)"

Could you translate, btw? I can understand the general meaning but cannot translate myself :p

(sorry for the off-topic :o)

Last Online
    Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis View Post
    Swede:
    "Jag tror att det är lite det som gör många svenskar så avundsjuka på invandrargrupper. Ni har en kultur, en identitet, en historia, någonting som binder ihop er. Och vad har vi? Vi har midsommarafton och sådana töntiga saker"

Greek:
    "Jaså, är svenskar avundsjuka på turkarnas historia??? Man tar sig för pannan...

Om sånt vore fallet så borde svenskar åtminstone dyrka oss greker för vår rika historia (Om inte betala nån slags skat till Grekland :-DDD....)"

Could you translate, btw? I can understand the general meaning but cannot translate myself :p
    The "Swede" there must be Mona Sahlin (see attachments). That's her creed, I've heard her say it many times:
    I think that's a little something that makes many Swedes so jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that makes you stick together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and dorky things like that.

I don't know who the Greek is, but here goes:
    So, Swedes are jealous of the history of the Turks?

If so, then Swedes should worship us Greeks for our rich history (even pay some kind of tax to Greece :-DDD....)

^Pretty funny guy eyes: makes more sense than Mona Sahlin 0000:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reinfeldt-sahlin.gif 
Views:	29 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	96417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mona.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	96418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0806338394516_192.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	96419  
    God expects but one thing of you,
    and that is that you should come out of yourself in so far as you are a created being made
    and let God be God in you.

Meister Eckhart

Do U believe in God? | Svensk förskola | Vem äger media? | CA ban on mom & dad | Birth control causes breast cancer

Last Online
    Friday, April 20th, 2012 @ 10:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish/English
    Ancestry
    Scotland and England
    Subrace
    Nordid/Bruenn
    Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Family
    DeFacto Relationship
    Occupation
    IT Analyst
    Politics
    Ride the Tiger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Difficult question, I go for neither.

Assimilation goes against cultural preservation, it also helps undesirable elements get mingled in the culture and blood of certain people.

Multi-Culturalism, leads to a rapid mutation and shift of high, natural culture for slum, degenerate and synthetic culture.

Senior Member Soldier of Wodann's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would say assimilation in the case of a small number of fellow Europeans (sorry Poles), but of course I'd say multiculturalism with non-whites. I suppose a society could be "multicultural" in the vain of the pre-1960s South without too much problem. Deportation is always the best option though.

We are born to fight and to die and to continue the Flow
    The Flow of our People

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.

`|´
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Ulster Scots
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Nordic-Solar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    With assimilation there's a greater chance of intermarriage. If the different cultures remain separate and don't disappear in favor of a dominant culture, then there's hope for the bloodline that goes with each culture.
    Freedom in the Germanic sense means inward independence, the scope for research, the extension of knowledge, and true religious feeling. Freedom for near eastern hybrids and swarthy mongrels means unrestrained license to destroy other cultural values...To grant outward freedom to everyone without distinction is to deliver oneself over to racial chaos. Only freedom as a bond between racial kindred guarantees the highest development. ~Alfred Rosenberg

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    The question is pretty tricky. There is no win win situation. But than again does it really matter what we prefer? I believe the almost certain course here in America is initial Multiculturalism followed by a slow assimilation. When diverse groups of people live in the same Geographic area Assimilation is inevitable. Though it will be slower for some groups than others.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Subrace
    Alpinid/Baltid
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Ethno-Cultural
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Multiculturalism. But not the Sense Multiculturalism has Today. Multiculturalism in the Sense of having multiple Cultures living Side by Side and respecting each other's Rights. This happened in Transylvania for Centuries and it is the Reason why the Ethnic Minorities like Saxons and Hungarians have preserved themselves. Assimilation is the Number 1 Enemy of Preservation. Immigrants who assimilate in the Country they immigrate to will not become fully culturally assimilated. As Someone once said to me, if you add some Milk in your Coffee the result will be neither Coffee nor Milk but a Mixture. The Milk will affect the Taste of the Coffee and the Coffee will affect the Taste of the Milk.

Secure a future for Germanic children
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Berlin Berlin
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    National Communism
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Assimilation or integration. We currently offer Muslims privileges: we build them Mosques, we let them wear Burquas, we put them signs in Turkish language... some even want Sharia and they get sympathisers. No to that. We should demand full integration or nothing. That will reduce the foreigner rates and discourage new ones from immigrating here.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 09:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Oh, I guess I should have read the original post because I voted assimilation when I didn't mean to :p:o

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast