View Poll Results: Should drugs be legalized?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all drugs should be legalized.

44 28.57%
  • Yes, some drugs should be legalized, others not. (Which?)

60 38.96%
  • No, drugs should keep their illegal status.

50 32.47%
Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Drugs Be Legalized?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Question Should Drugs Be Legalized?

What is your opinion on the legal status of drugs? I believe all drugs should be legal for adults. It is not the state's business what kind of substances we put into our bodies. Our ancestors used drugs in various forms. The hysteria about drugs is a recent phenomenon and the war on drugs is a failure. Alcohol prohibition did not work.
    To conclude, I am by no means promoting drug (ab)use. I believe we should each make our own choices and decide what we want. At least some of the illegal drugs are by no means more harmful to our bodies than the legal drugs we consume. I drink alcohol and smoke tobacco occasionally but I also believe in people's right to boycott these substances.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hiberno-Norman
    Subrace
    UP/Atlanto Med
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    B-School, Demolition
    Politics
    I do what I can
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree that drugs ought to be legal.

Drug prohibition accomplishes nothing and costs billions of taxpayer money.

Drugs if legalized could be taxed.

Illegal drugs are the backbone of crime, legalizing them would take away the biggest business for criminals.

Every time you put a drug dealer in jail, you create a lucrative opportunity for criminal enterprise by someone else.

Naturbursche
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It depends on the kind of drugs...

Heroin, XTC, Speed etc. should be banned - basically every chemical drug or a drug which destroys the body and person extremly shall be banned.

How can a folk or an ethnicity be preserved if drugs are treaten like a new food brandmark?

I say it's alright to give Soldiers the opportunity to get Drugs which makes them less stressed and loose alot of their angst - like Pervitin.

Concerning our forefathers...
    The Germanics only used herbs or other naturalities, and also mostly for the warriors to be more effective in war, and not for "fun" like people do nowadays.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm quite indecisive on this. Personally, I don't use any drugs with the exception of medication (and even then, it is rarely prescribed to me, and when it is, I still rarely take it). I think that people of adult mental, physical, emotional, and in some cases social stature should be allowed to do as they please so long as it doesn't harm others.

However, even if we made it legal for adults to have drugs, it'd still be illegal for children, and there are sick %*+!$ in the world who would sell the drugs they obtained legally to children. I think that the government should take a greater role in ensuring the health of its citizens, especially the children. It tears me apart when parents don't care for their children properly in even the most basic medical sense.

So, I kind of think any drug that can be terminated without effecting society in a negative way should be. Kind of a shame we can't just make certain things vanish. I think that if people wanted to use drugs they would have to do it in an extremely moderated way.

Drugs are still going to be a danger and a problem if they are made legal. There is no avoiding that.
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The use of drugs is injurious to virtually every aspect of one's existence, and I do not distinguish between anything from marijuana to heroin. They will always fuel crime, stupidity, immorality, and death.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 @ 12:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think the drugs that are illegal should remain illegal. I know most people likely have never had to deal with someone on drugs, or at least on hard drugs/hardcore addict.

They are awful. They do nothing for the user. Who wants a society of people with low intelligence and rotting teeth?

Junkies are scary people. ^^

I have never taken illegal drugs and I never will.
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrueLoyalist View Post
    I do not distinguish between anything from marijuana to heroin.
    One shouldn't overlook alcohol which is a very heavy drug leading to both mental and physical addiction and decay. The deaths directly and indirectly caused by alcohol are uncountable and it's the number one starting drug for adolescents.

Most alcohol abusers get very defensive when being confronted with their addiction and are hiding behind the social acceptance and legality of their drug of choice. Even those sleeping in their own excrements after a night out boozing (as can be seen in hundreds each year at the Oktoberfest f.e.) would never see any connection between them and the sad figures lingering at subway stations and parks at night craving for the next shot.

Any restrictions or approvals regarding "illegal" drugs should apply to alcohol as well.
    Tolerance is a proof of distrust in one's own ideals. Friedrich Nietzsche

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freydis View Post
    I think the drugs that are illegal should remain illegal. I know most people likely have never had to deal with someone on drugs, or at least on hard drugs/hardcore addict.
    I have had to deal with family members on drugs, including a hardcore junkie (last I heard he was living in a public park in Tucson).You would think making drugs illegal would solve the problem eyes:. However, all drugs are available at a price. So the junkies resort to crime to support his/her habit. They tend to steal from people they know.

They drug laws have had the effect of greatly inflating the cost of illegal drugs, while at the same time increasing the police powers of the state, but without actually preventing people who want drugs from getting them. If drugs were legal, it would be much cheaper for junkies to support their habits, resulting in a lot less crime. The police could spend their time on other matters - maybe chasing down illegal aliens.

They are awful. They do nothing for the user. Who wants a society of people with low intelligence and rotting teeth?
    Well, maybe we could pay the junkies to sterilize themselves. So if there is a genetic disposition to abuse drugs we could weed it out of the general population. And the drug abusers would have a much shorter lifespan & die off. It sounds cruel, but there isn't anything that casn be done for hardcore junkies. I really don't understand why anyone would start drugs when it isn't a secret how that person could end up. It doesn't help that modern pop culture has glamorized drug abuse, including the use of marijuana.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Legalize soft drugs. It is not illegal to drink alcohol; it is illegal to drink and drive under the influence. This holds true for drugs like marijuana, regardless of whether it affects one more or less in these instances. The War on Drugs wastes taxpayer money and has made little headway on the issue while being the greatest contributor to the demonization of drugs and spread of misinformation. Legalization would allow the government to have some control over drug standards.

Last Online
    Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 @ 07:48 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Definitely illegal. There's no way I want people crawling across the street, people running over children, etc. I find it hard to imagine people doing their jobs while using drugs as well.

Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast