Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Germanic in Your Family History?

Last Online
    Friday, May 30th, 2008 @ 08:23 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Non-Germanic in Your Family History?

Hello germanic brothers and sisters this is my first post on this forum
    and i belive this is a great forum.

Anyway to all of you who have been taking a researsch into your family
    history, have you found any unwanted blood, for example in sweden there
    where a lot of non germanics that setteled our country the two biggest
    groups where the Wallons and the finns ( the finns also setteled Norway )
    if you do how do you get on and wach youself as a germanic, unfortenly i
    belive that there is a great number of todays germanics that has atleast
    some blood from another non germanic group.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The best way to find out is by taking a dna autosomal test!

The English have the Irish, The Germans the Slavs (Poles), Dutch have the Walloons, Swedes&Norwegians have the Finns, all we can do is make sure our own child's do not go "interracial" and preserve what's left!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PeterThaGreat For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 08:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm 1/8 Northern Italian, and while my great grandmother was from Verona she did have a Sicilian grandparent. It would mean I've got something like 1.5-3% Sicilian ancestry. I don't mind it, I don't try to hide it, and I don't consider it "unwanted" at all, it's still part of who I am, but it's only a tiny part. Seeing as I'm somewhere along the lines of 95% Germanic (depending on if you want to consider northern Italian Germanic, I know it depends though) it doesn't really make any sense to associate with anything else.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    with catoid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Not in the mood
    Occupation
    I've got projects ;P
    Politics
    ineffable
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    My great-grandmother was Welsh. Gasp! And some of my family came over from Ireland during the potato famine, but I believe it was quite distant. And my (maternal) grandfather was most likely Scottish (inferred from last name) but somehow looked really Germanic (in the one photo I've seen of him). ^^

edit: So despite a "Scottish" last name he was not typically "Scot"
    People turn to poison as quick as lager turns to piss

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mischak View Post
    I'm 1/8 Northern Italian, and while my great grandmother was from Verona she did have a Sicilian grandparent. It would mean I've got something like 1.5-3% Sicilian ancestry. I don't mind it, I don't try to hide it, and I don't consider it "unwanted" at all, it's still part of who I am, but it's only a tiny part. Seeing as I'm somewhere along the lines of 95% Germanic (depending on if you want to consider northern Italian Germanic, I know it depends though) it doesn't really make any sense to associate with anything else.
    Well, how the hell Northern Italy would germanic in the first place? I think its main point which defines ones meta-etnicity is language and after that heritage! Anyway, these are both inseperable factors in defining identity! If you are not Germanic speaking you are not Germanic. If you are not of Germanic background but speak Germanic language, you are not Germanic either. In a nutshell you are Germanic if you are born to Germanic parents!

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 07:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, this is a complex question. One could argue that my whole ancestry is not fully Germanic, which is true.

My surname is from Rouen, Normandy, an area heavily settled by Germanics for the last millenia. Most of my ancestry are from this region, or in a greater sense Northern France, which was historically part of the Belgae region, which was most likely a Kelticized Germanic region or Germanized Keltic province:

Whether the Belgae were of Celtic or Germanic origin, or a combination of both, is unclear. Caesar's sources informed him "that the greater part of the Belgae were sprung from the Germanic peoples, and that, having crossed the Rhine at an early period, they had settled there, on account of the fertility of the country".[2] He also says that those Germanic people who lived to the west of the Rhine were allied to the Belgae,[3] and describes four of the tribes who made up the Belgic alliance, the Eburones, Condrusi, Caerosi and Paemani, as Germanic.[2]
    Other than that, I probably have a noble from Lorraine (Lothringen) is my family tree, which is an undoubtedly Germanic addition. Burgund blood is likely too.

I identify as Gallo-Germanic because I am first and foremost an ethnic Frenchman (for what it worths..."Frenchiness" is a republican invention after all). But my genetic heritage is probably very close to that of your average Englishman (my phenotype is also clearly Nordish, maybe even moreso than the average Englishman's). My folk has an anglicized culture, surrounded by Anglo-Saxons, I speak English since I am a kid. I feel closer in a poetic and cultural sense to the people of the North. And I like to think I am assimilable in a "pan-Germanic state", even though that's an idea I oppose.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterThaGreat View Post
    Well, how the hell Northern Italy would germanic in the first place? I think its main point which defines ones meta-etnicity is language and after that heritage! Anyway, these are both inseperable factors in defining identity! If you are not Germanic speaking you are not Germanic. If you are not of Germanic background but speak Germanic language, you are not Germanic either. In a nutshell you are Germanic if you are born to Germanic parents!
    That may have been true one hundred years, when our ancestors lived in isolated rural areas and spoke a single language. But we are all to a certain point Anglicized, which is Germanicized, the same way that Svenkfinns are "Uralified". What about someone born and raised in two languages, one Germanic and one that is not? To claim Germanicness is purely cultural is to fall into a vulgar Marxist trap, the same that makes some claim "race is a social construct" and other foolish things. Germanicness is genetic, cultural, spiritual, emotional.

Keep in mind that Germanicness never existed per se too, and that the average German or Swedish family of farmers historically considered themselves nothing more than German or Swedish.
    "The heavenly motions... are nothing but a continuous song for several voices, perceived not by the ear but by the intellect,
    a figured music which sets landmarks
    in the immeasurable flow of time."

Last Online
    Monday, December 8th, 2008 @ 07:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My maternal grandfather's grandmother was French, but that seems to be the only blemish
    For the rest I'm a thoroughbred Frisian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online
    Saturday, June 28th, 2008 @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My mothers grandmother was from venice. Somewhere up my dads maternal line maybe 5 or 6 generations it goes irish.
    Mostly English though, on my dads side around Yorkshire, on my mothers around Surrey.
    A* I’m a dreadful reactionary, Mrs. Helena. I don’t like this progress one bit.
    H* Like Nana.
    A* Yes, like Nana. Does Nana have a prayer book?
    H* A big fat one.
    A* And are there prayers in it for various occurrences in life? Against storms? Against illness?
    H* Against temptation, against floods -
    A* But not against progress, I suppose?
    H* > I think not.
    A* That’s a shame.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Well, gee-wilikers! I have some Irish and some Scot. As Freydis said: gasp!

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 @ 11:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hiberno-Norman
    Subrace
    UP/Atlanto Med
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    B-School, Demolition
    Politics
    I do what I can
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have more Megalithic (not Keltic, imo) blood than I do Germanic, and also probably some actual Keltic blood.

My Germanic blood comes from an Anglo-Saxon component, which is easily quantified, and a Norman component, which is hard to quantify because by the time the Normans got to Ireland, they had picked up quite a few NW European strains along with them.

All in all, I would say I look mostly megalithic (Paleoatlantid), but my mental state is more Germanic.

I do drink and fight like an Irishman.

Please direct comments regarding the hypocrisy of the inconsistency between my avatar and definition of Keltic blood to me via personal message, unless you're really funny and everyone will get a kick out of it.

Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast