Poll: Are you pan-Germanic?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: Nationalism or Pan-Germanicism? / Inter-Germanic Unity or Inter-Germanic Aparthood?

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    In any case concerning general foreign policy(be it economical or militarily) towards outsiders union, for starters.
    So, that "council" would be a rod with which to bully and corner Germany.

"Militarily", we -- I am talking about the future fantasy world in which Germany is sovereign again -- need to assert ourselves against the Russians. But for this, we don't need a "council" in which Danes and Swedes would tell us what we must do. We just need atom bombs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    Since when is free population movement a prerequisite for economical, political or even cultural cooperation?
    Oh, since serfdom was abolished. That was, in Germany, between 1807 and 1832.

The Deutsche Zollverein (German Customs Union) was founded in 1834, after all feudal restrictions and limitations had been lifted and removed.

Full then years later in 1844, the Mainzer Adelsverein at Biebrich am Rhein, Verein zum Schutze Deutscher Einwanderer in Texas (Society for the Protection of German Immigrants in Texas) was founded. At that time, in 1844, Texas did not belong to the USA, and the German noblemen were hoping they could set up there a German colony, and uphold its independence.

And would you please stop calling me a "starter". That is quite offending. I am sure I am older than you.

Mein Glaube ist die Liebe zu meinem Volk. Juthunge's Avatar
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 10:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spjabork View Post
    So, that "council" would be a rod with which to bully and corner Germany.

"Militarily", we -- I am talking about the future fantasy world in which Germany is sovereign again -- need to assert ourselves against the Russians. But for this, we don't need a "council" in which Danes and Swedes would tell us what we must do. We just need atom bombs.
    If a nation the size and power of Germany lets itself voluntarily be bullied by smaller nations in a council, it deserved so, to be honest. But I don’t see why Swedes and Danes would not have a self-interest in countering Russia. They’re geographically as close or far to them as we are. And a common threat is the safest(only?) guarantee for cooperation.

Oh, since serfdom was abolished. That was, in Germany, between 1807 and 1832.

The Deutsche Zollverein (German Customs Union) was founded in 1834, after all feudal restrictions and limitations had been lifted and removed.

Full then years later in 1844, the Mainzer Adelsverein at Biebrich am Rhein, Verein zum Schutze Deutscher Einwanderer in Texas (Society for the Protection of German Immigrants in Texas) was founded. At that time, in 1844, Texas did not belong to the USA, and the German noblemen were hoping they could set up there a German colony, and uphold its independence.
    I know all of this but what does it have to do with the topic at hand? You’re speaking about unification within a single ethnicity there, while we were speaking about a cultural, economic and military cooperation between different Germanic nations. I still fail to see, how indiscriminate movement and mixture is a necessary prerequisite of that.

And would you please stop calling me a "starter". That is quite offending. I am sure I am older than you.
    It’s merely a “filler” idiom. No offense intended.
    "Stürzten wir wohl im Dunkel – wir starben nicht! Immer war Sehnsucht die Straße und Ziel das Licht.
    Immer war Kraft wie lebendiges Bauernkorn, Immer wehte die Fahne des Glaubens vorn.
    Tausend Jahre war Deutschland der Hölle nah – Tausend Jahre sprach Gott zu Deutschland: Ja!"

Ancient DNA: List of All Studies analyzing DNA of Ancient Tribes and Ethnicities(post-2010)

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 11:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Dutch, Low German & French
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Iowa Iowa
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Free & Libertarian
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I would support a referendum in Germanic countries with those options or similar ones. Whatever Germanics vote for, should be respected. Germanics lived as many separate tribes in the past, but also united as empires. Either option is alright as long as Germanics cooperate and respect each other's will.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    I picked option #1. I want something like the Commonwealth of Germanic Nations, so the present British membership criteria ought to be restricted to Germanic peoples. I don't want the headquarters to be in London, but in Hedeby, to unite all the Germanic folks in the European homeland of the Angles, drawing in both England and New England.

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 03:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-African
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Preservation of diversity
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I would support a loose alliance between Germanic countries, with each country having its own national laws and decisions and Germanics having a special status (to work and live in other Germanic countries). I don't think mass immigration would be a big issue, Germanics are usually industrious people who don't immigrate purely for economic reasons. Those who have immigrated have established themselves and created successful communities elsewhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021