Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Are the Less Civilized Nationalities of Europe?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bdm View Post
    Without bringing Jews and Gypsies into this conversation, which nationality in Europe is looked down upon the most for being uncivilised, backward, boorish and ignorant?

I don't doubt Romania is dirty, lawless, and ugly, but when I think of it, is this a solid answer to the original question? I understand even Romanians look down on the Russians for being uncouth, backward, uncivilised, barbaric, drunk, dirty and ignorant. I've only read it, and having not known many Romanians or Russians, I can't make a rational judgement.

What about Ukranians, Belorussians, Poles, Sicilians, Slovaks, Portuguese, and even the Irish? They have all taken lots of hits over the years for their supposed lack of culture. Please, I'd like to hear more thoughts from this audience on this topic. I realise in this politically correct world we live in these days people generally shy from such discussions but I think it's a good idea to get it out in the open.

Last Online
    Monday, October 8th, 2007 @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdm View Post
    I don't doubt Romania is dirty, lawless, and ugly, but when I think of it, is this a solid answer to the original question? I understand even Romanians look down on the Russians for being uncouth, backward, uncivilised, barbaric, drunk, dirty and ignorant. I've only read it, and having not known many Romanians or Russians, I can't make a rational judgement.

What about Ukranians, Belorussians, Poles, Sicilians, Slovaks, Portuguese, and even the Irish? They have all taken lots of hits over the years for their supposed lack of culture. Please, I'd like to hear more thoughts from this audience on this topic. I realise in this politically correct world we live in these days people generally shy from such discussions but I think it's a good idea to get it out in the open.
    Hahaha this is so funny.

I don't like the Poles. They are in many Germanic lands in Europe: England, Germany, Norway. They don't bring positive customs, they steal the jobs of the natives, not to mention their cars! :

Senior Member SwordOfTheVistula's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SineNomine View Post
    I agree - they are some of the most refined individuals in Europe.
    If by 'refined' you mean 30-somethings who live with their mothers riding around on mopeds wearing track suits and acting like apes, then yes
    Contact Congress on immigration
    Contact Congress to reject banker bailout
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Ben Franklin

Last Online
    Saturday, August 4th, 2018 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid/Atlantid
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigg View Post
    Hahaha this is so funny.

I don't like the Poles. They are in many Germanic lands in Europe: England, Germany, Norway. They don't bring positive customs, they steal the jobs of the natives, not to mention their cars! :
    Agreed; they're in Germanic settlements as well (Canada, United States, Australia, etc.). They must easily be a contender for having one of the largest ethnic dispoaras, especially per capita. It's really staggaring that there could be so many, and their penchant for holding onto their customs and exporting them to their new destinations is certainly an unwelcome trait.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 10:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I am surprised that nobody mentioned Greeks yet, so let me put my two cents.

Modern Greeks, or rather "new-greeks" (neo-hellenes) as we call them, which could be translated as "nouveau-grecque", a very similar notion to "nouveau-riche", unfortunately make up a vast majority of the population.. Also known as "Hellinares" ("big greeks" or "wogs" to some of you), the type encountered in "big fat greek wedding" types of settings.

Currently, this has got to be one of the most coarse European types and also has elements that are uniquely disgusting and foreign to the traditional european mentality -perhaps remnants of the you-know-who 400 year occupation.

The neo-hellene is a vulgar individual who thinks every non-hellene is a barbarian, though it is a fact that every other non-hellene is more knowledgable on (and respectful of) hellenic culture and history that the neo-hellene himself.
    Let alone that the neo-hellene is altogether barbaric in his own everyday life, in a variety of settings that range from reckless driving, littering, wife-beating, bullying and pushing others around in public queues.

The neo-hellene is 30something and has either not worked for a single day in his life, or is (pretending to be) working in the family business, or is expecting to be appointed to some public service position by the polititian whose ass he's kissing.

Needless to say, whether he makes money or not, he still lives with mommy at 35.
    It's more often a matter of weltanschauung than of actual financial need.
    Mommy cooks, cleans and irons for him, so that her little boy will have all the free time to hang around in coffee shops and titty bars with his other neo-hellene friends.

His aim is to "bang" as many girls as possible before he decides to "settle down" -meaning, to find a lady-victim (preferably a virgin too) who will replace his mommy in house-slavery. He will get married to her for the sake of appearances but he will also keep "banging" other women because "he's a MAN".

The neo-hellenes cluster in coffee shops and discuss the most crucial issues, such as:

how to make easy money, how to get "chicks", how to make your car faster, how to fight baldness.
    Also, various current affairs may trouble their minds such as sports, who won the Big Brother show, which TV host has the sexiest cleavage, etc.

The neo-hellene will try to rip you off, no matter if you're a greek or a foreigner. If he's a taxi driver, he will drive you around in circles so that he gets a double fare. If he's a restaurant owner, he will serve you overprized stale foor and charge 5$ for the napkins. If he's a public servant, he'll ask that you bribe him in order to get your work done.

In the beach, he'll be wearing cheap spandex swimwear, boasting his hairy chin and introducing himself in paraplegic english (the "I love you, you love I?" sort of thing) to every skandinavian tourist that is unfortunate enough to cross his path.

The neo-hellene accuses all other Europeans of being cold, colorless "robot-people" and yet however he tries to adopt as many foreign trends as possible and appear "modern" and "international".
    Proud G(r)eek that he is, you will also find him debating in forums about "Greek superiority" in fluent greeklish (greek written with english characters), since, of course, he failed grammar and dictation in high school and does not even know how to spell his name right.

The neo-hellene usually pretends to be conservative and even a "fascist" yet he discriminates only against certain other racial or cultural groups -ironically, the ones that are closer to his own state of being.
    Thus, he passionately hates Albanians, Russians and other balkan ethnicities yet he has "no problem" with Arabs, Africans and Pakistanis because "they're good people" who "don't bother anyone".

The Neo-Hellene stands indifferent in every act of National treason commited by the government (if he even notices it, because he's too busy reading the Tabloids), yet he will be infuriated and potentially homicidal if you speak against his football team.

The majority of Neo-Hellenes do not speak any foreign language with the excuse of being too chauvinist (the real cause of course, is being too lazy or too stupid).

The female counterpart of the neo-hellene is as clueless and shallow as her male companion. She will be spending her days in beauty salons, talking to her friends about how to find a rich boyfriend and make it big. They don't care if he's married (to someone else), 30 years older than them or ugly as hell, as long as they get a ride with a fancy car and a front row table to the "hottest" show in town.

Of course, there are still some decent people left around here, who still embody the ancestral pride and ideas. But there are too few. And the neo-hellene is what I have to deal with everyday, and this is the reason why I am slowly driven to madness

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigg View Post
    They don't bring positive customs, they steal the jobs of the natives, not to mention their cars! :
    Why do Germans have to take three cars along with them when they go to Russia? Well, they have to go through Poland on the way there ... and on the way back again.

9.30 AM, Germany. "Where's my Mars bar?" 10.05 AM, Poland. "Yum."

No but seriously, one may believe it or not: Acquiantances of our family went for a swim in a lake, and when they returned, their car was gone. And not like that was the only thing testifying that - I remember a Polish acquiantance called Adam (aren't they all called like that? ) who said about his fellow countrymen: "You go into a telephone box and rest your bike against the door. By the time you found out the number is busy, your bike is gone." :p

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree with most of what Blaxis has said - I find most modern Greeks contemptuous. Especially when they exhibit this allegedly profound hatred of everything Turkish/Arab, yet almost all their music has Turkish/Arab vibes, relegating it to the status of "ethnic" trash.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 30th, 2008 @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am really surprised to hear so much talk about Poles being prone to theivery. Polish-Americans, while universally thought of as being somewhat dull-witted and stubborn, are generally regarded as some of the most law abiding American citizens. These are the kind of people who never jay-walk, horde their money, work extremely hard, but never seem to advance because they refuse to take chances or leave their comfort zones.

Now we all know the story on Italian-Americans...er, or let me rephrase that to Sicilian-Americans, and their penchant for crime.

Regarding the original premise of this question, I'm begining to think Russians or maybe even Ukrainians are probably thought of as the coarsest, most backward, uncouth, barbaric, ignorant nation of people in all of Europe. Are you catching this feeling in popular opinion too?

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, August 16th, 2019 @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boche View Post
    There's the slavic Pole and the germanic Pole Altough the slavic ones are the majority.
    ...and then there is the ten foot Pole without which I won't go near the former.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Yes, they don't only try to steal actual objects but also persons and history, see Kopernikus or Nietzsche, or how Poles founded Berlin and why Danzig always has been a Polish fishing village
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast