Thread: [split] The US in WWII, and other sundry thoughts

Last Online
    Monday, February 18th, 2008 @ 04:49 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Question [split] The US in WWII, and other sundry thoughts

Do you tolerate criticism of American actions during WWII? Why did America enter the war? Was it a right decision?

It is not enough to say that Germany declared the war first because the US had violated its neutrality and sided with Britain. Roosevelt was planning to declare war against Germany, anyway.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=9544

Last Online
    Monday, October 8th, 2007 @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassenpapst View Post
    Do you tolerate criticism of American actions during WWII? Why did America enter the war? Was it a right decision?

It is not enough to say that Germany declared the war first because the US had violated its neutrality and sided with Britain. Roosevelt was planning to declare war against Germany, anyway.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=9544
    I think it was a right decision to support the British because they are our kin! I wouldn't censor those who disagree tho.

Last Online
    Monday, February 18th, 2008 @ 04:49 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigg View Post
    I think it was a right decision to support the British because they are our kin! I wouldn't censor those who disagree tho.
    Why did Americans and "their kin" side with Bolsheviks against the European civilization?

Last Online
    Monday, January 19th, 2009 @ 04:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigg View Post
    Did you know that there's actually more americans from German decent than from "British" decent? So how does that make "americans" kin with the british? The U.S. being a composite nation made out many ethnicities, I don't see how kinship might be claimed with anyone.
    "The Star of David and the Pentagram go hand in hand like black metal and a camera." - Gelal of Grand Belial's Key

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weisthor View Post
    Did you know that there's actually more americans from German decent than from "British" decent?
    That is so wrong. I am tired of constantly clearing up that misconception.: The actually contribution of the English to the American genepool is constantly being downplayed in favor of the "Nation of Immigrants" myth. I don't care what the US Census Bureau says, English is the largest ancestry in the US. Counting English, Americans (Old stock Americans of English/British origins) & persons not claiming an ethnicity - because English is not an ethnicity to most Anglo-Saxon Americans - if you do the arithmetic, more Americans are of English ancestry then anything else. And a lot of those claiming German or Irish are probably mostly English.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 10:01 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Americ View Post
    That is so wrong. I am tired of constantly clearing up that misconception.: The actually contribution of the English to the American genepool is constantly being downplayed in favor of the "Nation of Immigrants" myth. I don't care what the US Census Bureau says, English is the largest ancestry in the US. Counting English, Americans (Old stock Americans of English/British origins) & persons not claiming an ethnicity - because English is not an ethnicity to most Anglo-Saxon Americans - if you do the arithmetic, more Americans are of English ancestry then anything else. And a lot of those claiming German or Irish are probably mostly English.
    You obviously have more proof than the census bureau.

And as for this "kin" argument, just out of curiosity, you do realize Frigg isn't a British/American god right?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 08:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Americ View Post
    because English is not an ethnicity to most Anglo-Saxon Americans
    I'd say to a lot, but not most.

Last Online
    Saturday, June 14th, 2008 @ 02:40 PM
    Subrace
    Baltid+Brunn+Atlantid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Disoriented
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Wodann View Post
    You obviously have more proof than the census bureau.
    well, for one, americans speak english. even if ethnic ties are limited there's certainly linguistic kinship which can not be discounted. culture evolves with and through language, so no matter how german the germans getting off the ships were, their descendants are english now

And at the original poster, yeah we can get offended, which is understandable due to the fact that people like you did indeed ruin any chance of our race being prosperous and free for quite a while.
    who started WW2? who lost WW2? last i checked it was nazi germany. if anything was ruined in the process, nazis were the ones who did it.

But how are we in any position whatsoever to censor you, the anti-Nazi? We are bashed and censored 24/7
    you should've said so from the start: you guys are fed up and tired of fighting (to seemingly no avail) against something bigger and more powerful that you, and you're just using Frigg to vent your frustration.

don't even give us this garbage about US censoring YOU. We are FORCED to argue with people of other ideologies.
    all those who post here are censored and forced to defend their ideologies in real life...in fact, anyone who bothers to *have* an ideology, whatever it may be, is forced to do the same.
    in the case of cultural preservationists, the hard time we get and prejudice we face is, in part, the due to neo-nazis from over at stormfront and such who give anti-immigration movements a bad rep.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    If the British were such close, loved and supported kin of the US-Americans, then why did the US fight so fervently for independence in the 16th century?
    You mean the 18th century. The Americans wanted independence for a number of reasons. The British set aside a great deal of territory - everything between the Appalachians & the Mississippi as an Indian reserve. The British began to impose taxes an the Americans. The Americans had pretty much tax themselves before. After the expulsion of France from the mainland of North America, we didn't need the British to defend us. Mainly they objected to being ruled by a parliament more then 3,000 miles across the Atlantic. Not all Americans wanted independence, probably at most 1/3 at the start of the American Revolution, but support probably went up during the war, due to the wartime actions of the British.

So why did Australia become independent of Britain? And New Zealand. Yes, you all still share the same Queen, but for all practical purposes Australia & New Zealand are independent countries. And why did New Zealand reject becoming a member of the Australian federation? There would seem to a lot of blood ties between the 3 countries.

The US didn't support the Brits in WW 2 out of loyalty & feelings of kinship, I would say this much is obvious...
    Ouch! I think someone has been a bad influence on you Bridie.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast