Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible Clue to Origin of Native Americans?

Last Online
    Saturday, October 4th, 2008 @ 04:56 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Possible Clue to Origin of Native Americans?

I was playing a game called Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms and my Mayan emperor had a son named Votan. Votan is pronounced the same as Wotan, and Wotan is the German name for Odin, the All-father in Norse/Germanic paganism. I looked up the name Votan and this is what I found:

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/m...hp?deity=VOTAN

That entry lists some traits of the god Votan, and oddly enough they are similar to Wotan's.

1. Votan - God of Warfare and Death.
    Wotan - Lord of War and Death.

2. Votan - Said to be so old that know one knows who he is.
    Wotan - No one knows how old he is, and no one knows who he is because he travels wearing a wide-brimmed hat and a black cloak.

3. Votan - The Black God, his face is said to be black, and he may be painted black.
    Wotan - Wore a black cloak and a wide-brimmed hat which would have made his face look black.

That's where my research ends though, because of a lack of information on Votan. I've heard the theory that Native Americans are Europeans that migrated across the Bering Strait and down to South America, but this could help the theory out a bit.

Please share your thoughts.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 08:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic, 1/4 Eng
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    These similarities are in all probability just a coincidence. Some geneticists have found some links between Europeans and indigenous Americans but that doesn't change the fact that they are Mongoloid.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 17th, 2009 @ 06:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Volek View Post
    I was playing a game called Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms and my Mayan emperor had a son named Votan. Votan is pronounced the same as Wotan, and Wotan is the German name for Odin, the All-father in Norse/Germanic paganism. I looked up the name Votan and this is what I found:

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/m...hp?deity=VOTAN

That entry lists some traits of the god Votan, and oddly enough they are similar to Wotan's.

1. Votan - God of Warfare and Death.
    Wotan - Lord of War and Death.

2. Votan - Said to be so old that know one knows who he is.
    Wotan - No one knows how old he is, and no one knows who he is because he travels wearing a wide-brimmed hat and a black cloak.

3. Votan - The Black God, his face is said to be black, and he may be painted black.
    Wotan - Wore a black cloak and a wide-brimmed hat which would have made his face look black.

That's where my research ends though, because of a lack of information on Votan. I've heard the theory that Native Americans are Europeans that migrated across the Bering Strait and down to South America, but this could help the theory out a bit.

Please share your thoughts.
    DNA studies, and bluntly, my eyes completely disprove it.

Native Americans are Mongoloid, and their ancestry mainly comes from the Northern Chinese Provinces and later, Siberia. Mind you, there are theories that there are pockets of exceptions in the deep Southern Region of South America (Australoid influences) and obviously there's the pocket where Vinland was, and obviously there were likely a stray man or two from anywhere who was lost from their ship (which is what I believe founded one of the beliefs of the Aztecs which led to their demise - believing in a Europid guy as a God), but generally speaking, they're almost entirely Mongolid.

I, in no way, shape or form have seen a single iota of evidence that Nordid people populated the world and ran every positive civilization known to man (what's next? Saying they wore dark makeup and ran Nubian tribes in Africa? :eek: ). I do believe that stragglers made it around the world in various locations and got bred into the local populations, making virtually no impact on the DNA structure by sheer numbers of the locals. I do believe outskirted communities in Central Asia were Europid or even possibly Nordid, but those were rare exceptions, which left as quick as they came.

As i've said, i'm proud of my heritage, but my heritage is not in China, or Natively in America, etc, etc. It's historically been in Europe and that's where it was. I don't need to have any ownership of foreign breakthroughs or progress attributed to us. From the Industrial Revolution onwards, we've made more progress than every civilization on the planet ever has, and in record time. Virtually all of the modernity and progress we see surrounding us today was bred out of European ingenuity, and while the PC world seems to forget it and try to revise it, I think it speaks for itself, still.

So, sorry about the tangent. No, there's no connection.

Native Americans have zero Europid Ancestry, unless their family married into one.

Last Online
    Saturday, October 4th, 2008 @ 04:56 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Voyager View Post
    These similarities are in all probability just a coincidence. Some geneticists have found some links between Europeans and indigenous Americans but that doesn't change the fact that they are Mongoloid.
    What about Caucasoid mixture with Mongoloids?

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrodwulf View Post

Native Americans have zero Europid Ancestry, unless their family married into one.
    There some theories that Europids may have come to North America during the last ice age by way the glaciers then connecting Europe & North America. I don't know if this could be proven, since all eastern Indian tribes have had inflow of European genes since 1492.

hearthtender
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 07:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    As well as the Vinland settelment there is also the story of Madoc the Welsh. I have always liked it but have never seen proof. As there has been confirmed mixing in the remaining eastern tribes finding older mixing would be very tricky.

I do not think that this Votan is any direct relation to the asir Wotan. But the similarities are interesting. Makes me want to go and dig out my Joseph Campell.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 @ 11:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Hiberno-Norman
    Subrace
    UP/Atlanto Med
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    B-School, Demolition
    Politics
    I do what I can
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Also the Basques have been fishing off of the coasts of North America on a regular basis since before Columbus or Leif Erickson were born.
    I think its entirely possible that somehow some seafaring Europids may have reached the new world and bred with Native Americans, however I don't think it would be significant enough for us to be able to tell now, especially after the mixing thats been taking place since Columbus.

Last Online
    Friday, October 22nd, 2010 @ 03:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    For Sale
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It is my firm belief that all extinct and current religions (minus whatever modern cult nonsense) descend in some way from a far older original religion spread by ancient Aryan peoples. This Pacal Votan/Wotan clue is just one of the many pieces of this puzzle.
    The ancient masters were subtle, mysterious, profound, responsive.
    The depth of their knowledge is unfathomable.
    Because it is unfathomable,
    All we can do is describe their appearance.
    -Tao teh Ching

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    It's quite possible that a group of Vikings landed where the Maya now and become a ruling/priest class, and established the religion.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast