Thread: Dinarids & Germanics

Last Online
    Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Read Egil's Saga, then come back, and if you still think that anything about this man is not Germanic, then I'll gladly rest my case
    Where did I state, "Egil....is not Germanic" ?

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    And from a racial perspective, for an Alpinid Germanic from Vienna surely having children with an Alpinid Balkan lady would be more favourable for subracial preservation than with a Russian Nordid, right?
    Wrong, why would you think that? You seem to imply that I would want to force people to marry specific persons, or that I would force them not to. Within the spectrum of the european races, such meassures are not neccessary.

Beyond that, as I have stressed often enough, to me matters more what people's heritage is, rather than subrace.
    Yes, that's why we are discussing the source of Germanics, if Germanics just consisted of Nordids and northern Cromagnids, than it is obvious that e.g. someone of a Mediteranid type shares a different heritage.
    If you want to pin it down to individuals, then I already said that valuable persons of all assimilable races are positive (which is indicated by the word valuable ), this doesn't change the fact that there also is a racial value.

Nordoid types have been found as far South as Turkey, I see a Nordid turk no more favourable for assimilation than an Armenoid one.
    Race is more than just the phenotype, so he certainly bears the risk of recessive negative genes. However even if he'd be "pure" in a racial sense, race is indeed not everything, this goes for already esteablished Germans as well, you always presume way too much about my motives, if a German Nordid raped a woman he would get his punishment as much as a Alpinid Balkan dude.
    I am well aware that race is only the fundament, not everything, yet you have to see that the fundament is important, and the better it is, the more possibilites for the things which will build on it.

To believe that the other subraces found in North-western Europe are not part of a Germanic racial spectrum is being selective of facts, and wishful thinking beyond that.
    I am not sure what you mean, it is evident that they are part of it, of course depending on the definition of "Germanic", but then it has nothing to do with selective facts. If you are speaking of the racial source of Germanics, than it is obviously wrong, there is no way that Mediteranids would have been part of proto-Germanics.

The blonde haired, blue eyed ideal of the über-Nordid race as the vanguard of Germanic blood may be an ideal of aesthetics to some, but it certainly isn't the reality.
    If it would be the reality, then there would be no point of arguing for the esteablishemnt of it.

I already posed the question in my response to Lissu, do you think that the Germanics only consisting of Nordids and norther Cromagnids are as Germanic as people only consisting of Mediteranids or Alpinids?
    As I said, the idea that everything keeps being the way it is today is idotic, it will change, better put: it is has always been changing!
    If Nordids and northern Cromagnids are easily replacable for you, without losing the Germanic spirit, then you are ignoring anthropological facts.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Monday, November 16th, 2009 @ 04:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    British, German, Flemish
    Subrace
    CM/North Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Public/Media Relations
    Politics
    Libertarian Party
    Religion
    Heathen/Odian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This sort of debate is silly.

Folk is folk, no matter what their cranium size happens to be.

A Celt and a Germanic..... can we really tell the bloody difference anymore? They have become one as the other.

I just use the general term Celto-Germanic peoples now. Hell, even in Iceland there is a certain percentage of Gaelic genetics ingrained in their population.

And Egil sure as hell was folk!

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Germanic is not a comperative, either she is or she is not. And since she is Russian she is not.

However if she really wanted to assimilate into Germanics she is more desirable than a Alpinid Balkan Dude, just from a racial perspective of course. I already mentioned that there are two important points to consider

Contradictory statements. But i'm glad of it, so everyone can see your double standard (Nordicist) about accepting or not non-Germanics.

Afterall is EXACTLY the kind of hypocrite answer i expected from you, Jaeger. The tall blue-eyed Blond Elena Dementieva could be assimilated in your country, but not a people like me, uh ? (come on, feel free to answer )

Apart from your obvious, (latent) teen-aged attraction toward Dementieva, WHAT makes a Slav more desiberable than a Celt or a Romance people ?

I frankly consider this last answer from you, a clear expression of the biggest hypocrisy........

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd

Double-standard nordicism. First of all, the Nordid phenotype is shared by a minority of Germanics, even though they are obviously more numerous when you get to Northern Germanics.

Indeed.

Beyond that, as I have stressed often enough, to me matters more what people's heritage is, rather than subrace. Nordoid types have been found as far South as Turkey, I see a Nordid turk no more favourable for assimilation than an Armenoid one. Both are undesired for assimilation. Nord(o)id or not - a Turk is a Turk, and not a Germanic. End of story.
    Ok, Sigurd. I see you're very consistent with your ideas, so i can respect your point of view.

If you're Germanicist your objective is to preserve your culture, NOT to make strange racial double standards (as our friend Jaeger would like). So, a Nordid from Russia isn't more desirable than an Alpinid from Italy or an Atlantid from France.

I remember we discussed briefly the point on the thread : "where do you look you're from ?" ........if any Germanic looking people (in Europe), is considerd as "assimilable" into Germanic folk (theoretically), then, in this case, millions of peoples (frenchmen and italians for example) would be "assimilable"........................... .(but such reasonment isn't logic, we concluded )

The blonde haired, blue eyed ideal of the über-Nordid race as the vanguard of Germanic blood may be an ideal of aesthetics to some, but it certainly isn't the reality
    It's the reality only for the most childish members on this forum

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    Contradictory statements.
    Nah, that one is either Germanic or not, doesn't mean he is not assimilable into our Volk, this doesn't mean he becomes Germanic, but his offsprings can.

But i'm glad of it, so everyone can see your double standard (Nordicist) about accepting or not non-Germanics.
    A double standard is not a contradiction, a double standard is not automatically somthing bad either, if one group is more valuable than another, of course they will be judged differently.

The tall blue-eyed Blond Elena Dementieva could be assimilated in your country, but not a people like me, uh ?
    I guess you mean Dinarids in general, because people like you, no matter if they were Nordids or not, I wouldn't want here
    However, I already counted the Dinarid race as assimilable, see here http://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php...5&postcount=24
    This doesn't mean that there are no races, which are more valuable for Germanic preservation, I think I already explained myself enough, I even stated that this is only one thing of a two way doctrine. Making me repeat it all over again makes me think I am talking to retards.

Apart from your obvious, (latent) teen-aged attraction toward Dementieva, WHAT makes a Slav more desiberable than a Celt or a Romance people ?
    Nothing, it's a matter of race and will, nothing else, meta-ethnicities have no role here.
    If you mean what makes a Nordid more desireable than an Alpinid then read my post I refered to above.

If you're Germanicist your objective is to preserve your culture, NOT to make strange racial double standards (as our friend Jaeger would like). So, a Nordid from Russia isn't more desirable than an Alpinid from Italy or an Atlantid from France.
    This seems to be Romance egalitarism eh? If a Nordid and an Alpinid are different, then of course I will treat them different. The question whether this is strange or not, I am open for debate, but please take my arguments, and disprove them if you can, I don't have anything against that.

if any Germanic looking people (in Europe), is considerd as "assimilable" into Germanic folk (theoretically), then, in this case, millions of peoples (frenchmen and italians for example) would be "assimilable".
    Nah, to be assimilable, it needs race and will, just one of them is never enough. That's why I wrote "if she really wants to", the millions of frenchman and italians mostly lack the will or the race
    And on the other hand, Germanics who don't want to be Germanic and shit on their heritage, are to be treated not any different, they too will have no place in a Germanic society.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Do you think that should be done?
    I prefer to classify by the component types, the types whose features tend to correlate or recombine. I'm not entirely sure why this happens, but it does, so it's possible to identify the original un-mixed stock.

So I would call such an individual a mixture of Atlanto-med and Alpinid (or whatever the mix may be), rather than simply "Dinarid".

So now you have to tell us what you mean with "true" Dinarids. What is the main difference between a true Dinarid and just a narrow faced brachycephals?
    One would be that the features of the true Dinarid have distinct correlations, (whereas a narrow-faced brachycephal can be anything). The features are associated with fair skin, brown hair and blue eyes.

Their skeletal characteristics are the same as those of the "Dinarids" who entered Western (and then Central) Europe with the Bronze Age, including a sloping forehead, a medium vault height (or even tending toward low), and of course, a flattened occiput. I think that the "Keltic Nordic" is actually a variant of this, altered by Atlanto-med influence.

Do you bring this up to support the theory of Alpinid mixture as the source how narrow faced brachycephals came into existance?
    Well no, I don't think the "true" Dinarid is the result of Alpinid influence.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhydderch View Post
    One would be that the features of the true Dinarid have distinct correlations, (whereas a narrow-faced brachycephal can be anything). The features are associated with fair skin, brown hair and blue eyes.
    Do you have examples illustrating the differences in pictures?
    And do you think that "true" Dinarids evolved out of a root race different from Cro-Magnon and Aurignacian?

How would you see the man in the attachment I provided?

Well no, I don't think the "true" Dinarid is the result of Alpinid influence.
    I didn't mean "true" Dinarids, I meant the narrow-faced brachycephals from the Balkan, are they a result of Pontid (or Mediteranid in general) and Alpinid in your opinion?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Do you have examples illustrating the differences in pictures?
    No, but I could post pictures if I find good examples.

And do you think that "true" Dinarids evolved out of a root race different from Cro-Magnon and Aurignacian?
    Yes, although I don't know what it would be. They appear first in the Northern Middle East; they may have developed there from a more heterogeneous population. However they could possibly have developed further toward the north or east of the Black Sea, and then spread southward into the Middle East and along the Mediterranean (then headed north again on reaching Western Europe).

How would you see the man in the attachment I provided?
    He may be partially of the Bronze Age type, but there is something else as well, I would say.

I didn't mean "true" Dinarids, I meant the narrow-faced brachycephals from the Balkan, are they a result of Pontid (or Mediteranid in general) and Alpinid in your opinion?
    Probably that and true Dinarid. There does seem to be a true Dinarid element there, but maybe not that much commoner than elsewhere in Europe. The Alpinid element on the other hand, seems strong there (not that I'm that familiar with what Balkan people look like, mind you), and probably some narrow faced type as well. There might also be a dark-skinned (and heavily built) Armenoid type, which is common in parts of the Mediterranean.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    However they could possibly have developed further toward the north or east of the Black Sea, and then spread southward into the Middle East and along the Mediterranean (then headed north again on reaching Western Europe).
    When did they arrive in W-Europe? And did they travel to the north? After all I am still interested whether they already formed a part of the proto-Germanics, and to what degree. (like just peripherial contact, or integration etc.)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    When did they arrive in W-Europe? And did they travel to the north?
    They arrived sometime around 2000 B.C. apparently. They settled in Italy and also in Northern Spain; those in the latter region then travelled up into France ("by an unknown route", so says Coon) the British Isles and Central Europe, and beyond.

After all I am still interested whether they already formed a part of the proto-Germanics, and to what degree. (like just peripherial contact, or integration etc.)
    My view is that they were Indo-Europeans, responsible for the arrival of "Italo-Celtic" dialects into Europe.

The Corded folk were possibly also an Indo-European group, responsible for the arrival of Slavic, and of the non-Celtic (but still Indo-European) base of the Germanic languages (this is rather speculative, but anyway...).

So a possible scenario I see here is that the Germanics are the result of an amalgam of the Corded culture with a superimposition of the Dinarid (and hence proto-Celtic, according to this view) culture. There is certainly a strong Celtic aspect to the Germanic languages in general, but the base seems to be an Indo-European but non-Celtic dialect.

So in this case the Dinarids (with their proto-Celtic culture) could be said to be part of what formed the Germanic people.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast