Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    The original Germanics were cromagnid proper and nordid but they expanded into more southern regions held by Celts before such as Bavaria which was racially mostly alpinid and partly dinarid and so dinarids became Germanics in the flow of time.
    So you would consider South-german Dinarids as a (Germanized) residual of Celtic populations ?

Romance "tribes" (which one is besides the Romans themselves?) were partly dinarid aswell and you can see it quite well when classifying old sculptures of Roman politicians which show relatively often dinarid traits.

Usefull note, JANUS. "Romance tribes" it's an absurd definition, since it isn't a race rather a form of civilisation.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Friday, February 22nd, 2008 @ 12:32 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    So you would consider South-german Dinarids as a (Germanized) residual of Celtic populations ?
    I think that Bavarians have both Germanic and Celtic blood (wich one more, no idea), A Germanic spirit, Germanic culture, so therefor they are Germanic, so if Dinarid or Nordid it does not matter. I think the Dinarid look is more dominant then the Nordic one (darker always over the lighter one), so throughout time some of them became pure Dinarids, but this does not make them Celts. How can you even try to conect Meta-Ethnicites with sub-races? :p

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    The original Bavarians yes and in some remote areas it's still like that, especially visible in some remote parts of the Alps in Bavarian and Austria but the avarage Bavarian and Austrian is of mixed Germanic and Celtic ethnic heritage and culturally predominantly Germanic.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissu View Post
    Source is debatable, could well be the case ...
    This is what I tried to argue about, so feel free to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissu View Post
    but as for today's Germanics I'm afraid you'll rule quite a large amount of Germanics out by that.
    This forum is about "the preservation of Germanic heritage". Obviously, the concept of preservation is an abstract one, and only applys to other abstract concepts, there is no preservation of actual things, everything changes.
    If the premise that Germanics used to be just Nordids and northern (proper) Cromagnids (and maybe Dinarids which is the crux of this discussion) is true, then this means evidently Germanics have changed, by the growing ammount of reduction processes which possibly resulted in Baltids and maybe Alpinoids (although at least the latter used to be regarded as a race evolved from a different root race than Cromagnids.) or simply by mixing with other races, e.g. Mediteranid, Mongolids, or whatever.
    We can't stop the flow of changes (we can through a lot of energy try to slow it down, but change is still inevitable), we can just try to direct it, so in order to preserve Germanics how would you direct the flow? Support e.g. Mediteranids and East-Baltids or Nordids and northern Cromagnids?
    It would be a ridicilously idiotic thought to believe that the racial change Germanics have undergone so far would stop somehow.
    So are Germanics still Germanics if they used to be just Nordids and northern (proper) Cromagnids, and then become e.g. Mediteranids and Alpinids?

However even if we would just consist of the two northern types I mentioned, change wouldn't stop of course, we have to keep directing the change to evolution, not devolution.
    That is why a political concept has to consist of two things, where both have equal importance and value: the first is to support actual races, in our Germanic case that should be the source races of Germanics, to keep the Germanic spirit, and the second is the support of individuals who are of great value no matter of which races that are assimilable to our Volk (Dinarid, Mediteranid, Alpinid, Balitd) they consist of. (however the second step is more complex)

Now my argument is about whether Dinarids belong to that source, or whether they belong to the category of just assimilable races, not about whether a Dinarid can be accepted as a Germanic, I never uttered anything in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydderch View Post
    If one includes all narrow faced brachycephals as Dinarid, then it could be described as at least partially the effect of various mixings of genes.
    Do you think that should be done?

But there is a Dinarid which is as much a real race as any other.
    Indeed, my wording was not good.

Narrow faced brachycephals might be commonest there, but this "true" Dinarid perhaps not necessarily.
    So now you have to tell us what you mean with "true" Dinarids. What is the main difference between a true Dinarid and just a narrow faced brachycephals?

Alpinids however, seem exceptionally common in the Balkan region. The planoccipital brachycephaly of Balkan people looks quite different to that of people in the British Isles.
    Do you bring this up to support the theory of Alpinid mixture as the source how narrow faced brachycephals came into existance?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbionMP View Post
    I think someone is Germanic, only if they have some Nordic blood.
    According to your rationale:

Famous Icelandic folk hero Egil Skallagrimsson is not Germanic. He classifies as Borreby + Paleoatlantid from what I can tell...

But Elena Dementieva, almost fully Nordid Russian tennis player is more Germanic than aforementioned renowned viking? :

Not all Germanics are Nordid, not all Nordids are Germanics. As easy as that.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Famous Icelandic folk hero Egil Skallagrimsson is not Germanic. He classifies as Borreby + Paleoatlantid from what I can tell...
    Like on Thiazi, what you can tell is not neccessarily the truth regarding your calssifications based on old drawings at least , and to classify this bloke after this picture seems almost too ridiculous.

But Elena Dementieva, almost fully Nordid Russian tennis player is more Germanic than aforementioned renowned viking? :
    Germanic is not a comperative, either she is or she is not. And since she is Russian she is not.
    However if she really wanted to assimilate into Germanics she is more desirable than a Alpinid Balkan Dude, just from a racial perspective of course. I already mentioned that there are two important points to consider
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    However if she really wanted to assimilate into Germanics she is more desirable than a Alpinid Balkan Dude, just from a racial perspective of course. I already mentioned that there are two important points to consider
    Double-standard nordicism. First of all, the Nordid phenotype is shared by a minority of Germanics, even though they are obviously more numerous when you get to Northern Germanics.

Certain other types are also rather numerous, such as all Northern Cromagnids, Alpinids, Dinarids, Atlantids, etc. And from a racial perspective, for an Alpinid Germanic from Vienna surely having children with an Alpinid Balkan lady would be more favourable for subracial preservation than with a Russian Nordid, right? Hence I fail to see why one would be more desirable than the other.

Beyond that, as I have stressed often enough, to me matters more what people's heritage is, rather than subrace. Nordoid types have been found as far South as Turkey, I see a Nordid turk no more favourable for assimilation than an Armenoid one. Both are undesired for assimilation. Nord(o)id or not - a Turk is a Turk, and not a Germanic. End of story.

To believe that the other subraces found in North-western Europe are not part of a Germanic racial spectrum is being selective of facts, and wishful thinking beyond that. The blonde haired, blue eyed ideal of the über-Nordid race as the vanguard of Germanic blood may be an ideal of aesthetics to some, but it certainly isn't the reality.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    And from a racial perspective, for an Alpinid Germanic from Vienna surely having children with an Alpinid Balkan lady would be more favourable for subracial preservation than with a Russian Nordid, right? Hence I fail to see why one would be more desirable than the other.
    Unless increasing the predominance of progressive Europid types is the desideratum.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    According to your rationale:

No!

This is not according to my rationale!

I have never met this guy - Egil Skallagrimsson!

On first impression she looks like she has some Nordic in her.

However, looks are only one way of making a judgement.

If you classify everyone purely on looks, then my advice is - don't ever leave home without some glasses.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbionMP View Post
    No!

This is not according to my rationale!

I have never met this guy - Egil Skallagrimsson!
    Read Egil's Saga, then come back, and if you still think that anything about this man is not Germanic, then I'll gladly rest my case... eyes:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast