Thread: Muhammad as a Roundabout Dog

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 2nd, 2007 @ 09:46 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Muhammad as a Roundabout Dog

Title wrong, should be "started in Sweden".

Anyway, perhaps you have read about the recent controversy in Sweden about the so called roundabout dogs and the muslim prophet muhammad. It all started when artist Lars Vilks was invited by a museum which had an exhibition with the theme "the dog in art". Lars Vilks got inspired both by the recent "craze" to put sculptures of dogs in roundabouts and by the debate regarding freedom of expression that raged after the cartoon crisis in Denmark. Therefore he sent in sketches portraying muhammad as a roundabout dog. The museum chiefs got scared and chose not to display his works. This controversy was of course picked up by first the local and then the national media. A couple of local newspapers chose to publicize some of the pictures and then little hell broke loose. A part from a muslim demonstration in Sweden we have seen flag burnings in Pakistan and official protests from Iran, Pakistan and Egypt etc.

Personally I'm a bit skewed on the issue. Not regarding the rights for freedom of speech in the form of provocative art but rather regarding the wisdom of such art at this moment.

I have to tell you that the hypocrisy in Sweden is very clear. An art exhibition with photos showing Jesus as a halfnaked gay man has already been displayed in our main cathedral with applause from the cultural elite. However I understand if the swedish cultural and political scene in is hard to grasp for muslims in the middle east. On the other hand one might ask why they should even care about a marginal swedish publication and there of course also exist a hypocrisy in the middle east since cartoons depicting jews and westerners in degrading ways are commonplace. We westerners however are not as easily offended due to culture and genes and therefore don't care about those provocations.

To get to the point I think that these kinds of controversies are symptoms of the islamist terrorattacks, the lack of democracy in the muslim world and the growing muslim minorities in the western world. Since the political elites are silent, at rare ocations an outcast artist or intellectual creates or says something about islam which creates a controversy.

The critical problem to me is the growing muslim minorities in the western world. That is the main genocidal threat for the germanic people. The controversies are just symptoms of that threat and it is the threat that should be discussed and handled not the symptoms (handling them is fruitless if the muslims will become a majority). The threat should be handled by diminishing immigration from the muslim world and instituting a child control policy if necessary (which will cause a migration of muslims back to the middle east).

I'm gonna end with a question, what do you think about portraying muhammad as a dog? Is it a necessary controversy to support freedom of speech and open peoples eyes or is it a low shot?

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    By the way the controversy in Sweden has inspired some members on the swedish political fora "flashback" to create an art thread displaying muhammeddogs. http://www.flashback.info/showthread.php?t=536846

In the last day a member of the fora put up the first muhammed dog sculpture in a roundabout. http://www.flashback.info/showthread...536846&page=37

Picture of the first one before being placed in a roundabout:
    http://aycu34.webshots.com/image/259...4991287_rs.jpg

Picture of a more robust wooden one in a roundabout (made by the same anonymous forum member (not me))

http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/279...5170936_rs.jpg

Closeup:

http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/258...3506344_rs.jpg

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'd say it's an accurate portrayal.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon & Swedish
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    The critical problem to me is the growing muslim minorities in the western world. That is the main genocidal threat for the germanic people. The controversies are just symptoms of that threat and it is the threat that should be discussed and handled not the symptoms (handling them is fruitless if the muslims will become a majority). The threat should be handled by diminishing immigration from the muslim world and instituting a child control policy if necessary (which will cause a migration of muslims back to the middle east).
    This is absolutely correct. _b

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A blog which displays some of the pictures from the thread:

http://hundprofeten.blogspot.com/ (the dog-prophet blogspot).