Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Post Re: How much do you bench ? (for gym frequenters)

I actually can bench 250 lb. for 7/8 reps (last time i was at gym). For 300 lb., max 2/3 rep., probably.(about my legs : the machine will explode).

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 19th, 2006 @ 02:22 AM
    Subrace
    Old Germanic Reihengräber type
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    Hustler
    Politics
    advanced tribalism
    Religion
    scientific pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Today at the gym, I concentrated purely on my chest to find out my bench pressing capability. With the freeweight bar I benched 205 pounds for 10 reps, i then did 185 pounds 14 times. I didn't check my max bench press maybe next week.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nordic_canadian_male
    Today at the gym, I concentrated purely on my chest to find out my bench pressing capability. With the freeweight bar I benched 205 pounds for 10 reps, i then did 185 pounds 14 times. I didn't check my max bench press maybe next week.

good. You're already rather strong. (very strong for your weight). Have you got some UP ancestor ?

Last Online
    Subrace
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    Hustler
    Politics
    advanced tribalism
    Religion
    scientific pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Tiger
    good. You're already rather strong. (very strong for your weight). Have you got some UP ancestor ?

Not really, I have tronder types in my family. Not coon's tronder but more of lundman's scheme, resembling coons hallstatts from sweden, and finland. I guess it's a mix of robust nordids with more gracile ones. My grandmother on my mother's side is alpine-mediteranean, my grandfather keltic nordic. My father's family is very nordic(scando-nordid), almost all are blond in adulthood, except only him he has light brown hair, there is faelid influence but nothing too important. Robust Nordics in the sense of strong scando-nordids are stronger than UP types pound for pound, but not overall in the sense of the world's strongest man where contestants weight 350+ pounds.

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 14th, 2010 @ 09:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    monolingualism
    Religion
    Protestant to the core
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bench pressed 275 at 15, I weighed about 168-172 depended on the day. I actually broke a canadian bench pressing record and was on my way to an event in montreal but I fractured my wrist, when it healed I was 16 and the weight for my age and weight had gone up like 20 or 30 more pounds so I gave it up.

My max bench was 305 clean without a spot, or bump of the chest. I was 18 though and i weighed around 200 pounds. With a spot(basically hands on the bar) i could do 315, 4-5 times in those days.
    You must be a real superman

How young were you when you started training?

If I could give one peice of advice i'd say work on your legs your bench will explode.
    Noticed this too. I wonder why is this

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

About me, my maternal side is mostly alpine,(medium statured and sturdy), while my paternal side is a strange mix of UP and dinarid, whom generates a tall heavy muscolar type having a long skull and dark hair combined with mixed-light eyes (from grey to light brown-greenish shade). I'm totally from this paternal lineage ; my father is 6'2"(i'm 6'3") and benched over 300 pounds (almost 30 years ago). I must reach his record. The complex arms-shoulders-pectorals, is powerfull in my mixed subracial type.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 14th, 2007 @ 09:32 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Not really, I have tronder types in my family. Not coon's tronder but more of lundman's scheme, resembling coons hallstatts from sweden, and finland. I guess it's a mix of robust nordids with more gracile ones. My grandmother on my mother's side is alpine-mediteranean, my grandfather keltic nordic. My father's family is very nordic(scando-nordid), almost all are blond in adulthood, except only him he has light brown hair, there is faelid influence but nothing too important. Robust Nordics in the sense of strong scando-nordids are stronger than UP types pound for pound, but not overall in the sense of the world's strongest man where contestants weight 350+ pounds.
    You're a powerhouse aren't you! to be benching as much as you were at your age, that's got to be completely genetic. I was still a gawky adolescent weener when I was 15, though people age at different rates I guess.

How tall are you if you don't mind my asking?

I was wondering just recently whether there might be a difference in the various european types' ability to produce power (muscle fibre type and distribution, length and point of insertion, etc)

I was leaning toward the idea that the Nordic types are not as strong as the UP types, being leaner and less suited to bulk power movements.

My brother, for instance, is more "nordic" than me (fairer, longer head, taller, rangier in build) I am slightly shorter than him, but far more heavily set, and much stronger. (and with debatedly more of a temper)
    I had been assuming, from what I've pieced together reading on this forum, that I must have a broader dash of UP that makes me this way, though I don't have the heavy features that I understand go with it...I could be wrong of course...

But anyway, my best benchpress was 120kg, I was a lean 89-90kg at the time (6% BF IIRC) no way I could do that now though

When people say UP, are they referring to those Magnus ver Magnusson types, those "really" big fellows? If that's the case then I'm nowhere near those chaps.

My 2cents,
    Anders

Last Online
    Subrace
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    Hustler
    Politics
    advanced tribalism
    Religion
    scientific pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vercetti
    You must be a real superman

How young were you when you started training?

Noticed this too. I wonder why is this

I started training in my late 13's, I started training heavily when I turned 15. I was always skinny as a kid, didn't eat much, but I was always very athletic. I'm moderatly broad-shouldered not that strong looking, i'm more slender with strength, not a superman at all . Alot of people can bench that kind of weight, you just need to be dedicated and train regularly.

You're legs contain your largest muscle groups, too stimulate your bodies hormone production go hard on your legs, try squatting it's the best workout, also try lunges they're very good. When I started workingout my legs at 14-15 I noticed an instant improvement in overall musculature and also strength, I don't have all the scientific facts, but in my experience it works very well.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    Hustler
    Politics
    advanced tribalism
    Religion
    scientific pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Lang
    You're a powerhouse aren't you! to be benching as much as you were at your age, that's got to be completely genetic. I was still a gawky adolescent weener when I was 15, though people age at different rates I guess.

How tall are you if you don't mind my asking?

I was wondering just recently whether there might be a difference in the various european types' ability to produce power (muscle fibre type and distribution, length and point of insertion, etc)

I was leaning toward the idea that the Nordic types are not as strong as the UP types, being leaner and less suited to bulk power movements.

My brother, for instance, is more "nordic" than me (fairer, longer head, taller, rangier in build) I am slightly shorter than him, but far more heavily set, and much stronger. (and with debatedly more of a temper)
    I had been assuming, from what I've pieced together reading on this forum, that I must have a broader dash of UP that makes me this way, though I don't have the heavy features that I understand go with it...I could be wrong of course...

But anyway, my best benchpress was 120kg, I was a lean 89-90kg at the time (6% BF IIRC) no way I could do that now though

When people say UP, are they referring to those Magnus ver Magnusson types, those "really" big fellows? If that's the case then I'm nowhere near those chaps.

My 2cents,
    Anders

In grade ten I benched more than anyone in my high school, except for one guy, but he was 18 and weighed 60-70 pounds more than me. I remember going in the weight room during lunch time and lifting much more than all the biggest blakcs, to a nazi it felt amazing. I also used weights to achieve a 100% mark in weightlifting in gym, I was able to win a bet with a teacher. He bet me I wouldn't beat his record of 270 pounds and I did, he was right behind me giving me a spot, but I didn't need it.

I measured myself the other day because of a heaight thread, i'm 183-4cm in the morning and 181cm in the night. My dad is 187-88cm, my granfather was 194-95cm, he was very tall, I guess me squatting at 13 stunted my growth a bit

Nordics tend to have more developed limbs, long, slender yet powerful hands and bodies. From what i've seen in the gym, alpines, borreby's don't lift as much as nordics. Faelids/cro-magnid types are very strong. Square-jawed, heavily muscled, un-reduced faelids are the strongest men in the world to me, I don't care what any expert on anthropology says about borrebies or brunns, i've seen many examples of this my whole life.

You're pretty strong too, whites seem to do well when it comes to strength. 6% bodyfat that's very good, I've never had mine measured, I should buy a bodyfat scale, might be fun to try it out.

When it comes to strength it's more about the tendons, there're plenty of people out there with "beach muscles", it's important to have a power building routine if that's what you want. I attached a picture of me at the momment, I used jasc paint shop pro to put glowing edges around my pic to conceal my identity. I weight about 170 pounds at the momment, I think i'm going to start hitting the weights more heavily, bring my weight up maybe too around 180-85 pounds(I don't use the metric system for weight just height)

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Country
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I measured myself the other day because of a heaight thread, i'm 183-4cm in the morning and 181cm in the night. My dad is 187-88cm, my granfather was 194-95cm, he was very tall, I guess me squatting at 13 stunted my growth a bit

Nordics tend to have more developed limbs, long, slender yet powerful hands and bodies. From what i've seen in the gym, alpines, borreby's don't lift as much as nordics. Faelids/cro-magnid types are very strong. Square-jawed, heavily muscled, un-reduced faelids are the strongest men in the world to me, I don't care what any expert on anthropology says about borrebies or brunns, i've seen many examples of this my whole life.

When it comes to strength it's more about the tendons, there're plenty of people out there with "beach muscles", it's important to have a power building routine if that's what you want. I attached a picture of me at the momment, I used jasc paint shop pro to put glowing edges around my pic to conceal my identity. I weight about 170 pounds at the momment, I think i'm going to start hitting the weights more heavily, bring my weight up maybe too around 180-85 pounds(I don't use the metric system for weight just height)
    I have the same effect morning-night on my height (190cm-188cm) ; i agree about "beach muscles". This is the secon reason(the first obviously, is my own "holy" health) cause, i've never taken any kind of BAD substances and NEVER i'll do, like some others i've met in several gyms. Today, i've done the max i can . 135 kg. (300 lb.). But this, on the "machine" , and only for 4 reps , before the collapse........... . I began when i was 20 years old, with a "natural" body weight of 180lb. Now i'm 210, still growing.

The arms are another point of strenght for me , especially biceps : about 27 kg. (60 lb.)for each arm. in total 120 lb. with two arms

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast