X-Rays & Uranium
    Religion
    I Exist.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Axis
    Nowadays the soldier is alienated from the warrior ethic, as the battle is depersonalized and all you have to do is pull triggers and press buttons and kill people from a distance.

Hence women go to the army as well, as there is not much that a woman can't do, rather than the old days where a sword was too heavy for a woman even to pick up.
    That is all? So all that walking, carrying equipment through dense woods, skiing, swimming and digging was all four naught? I must complain to my superiors next time I get called in for repetition excersises.

EDIT:

Here's an old thread on SF where the issue was discussed.
    http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=167216

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'll do what I always do in cases like this: quote the War Nerd:

The problem is, I'm not sure morale alone will do it. Not anymore. Back when you fought with axes and spears, the crazier side usually won, like the berserkers. But craziness won't keep you alive when you're up against fuel-air weapons, cluster-bombs, bunker-busters and all the other hi-tech killing toys
    As for whether there is/ever was anything noble about war, I'd rather not venture a guess, never having experienced it myself.

Last Online
    Thursday, December 28th, 2006 @ 12:23 PM
    Occupation
    Overcoming self
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of course they won't, and that is the problem with modern war tactics. War used to be noble. Battle was taking place man to man, and you had to be brave and fierce to participate in battle.

Nowadays the soldier is alienated from the warrior ethic, as the battle is depersonalized and all you have to do is pull triggers and press buttons and kill people from a distance.

Hence women go to the army as well, as there is not much that a woman can't do, rather than the old days where a sword was too heavy for a woman even to pick up.
    Well, I must disagree with your statement that modern battle does not require bravery. You must be brave, strong and disciplined in order to survive. People who are accustomed to running away from danger won't last on the modern battlefield either. How does it not require bravery to go to a situation where you might die at any moment by airstrike, sniper, mine? And recklessness isn't rewarded today either.

Shooting in actual combat situation isn't as easy as it's in the comfy shelter of a shooting range. Every move could be your last as one of them might give you away, not to mention shooting itself. Of course, I haven't experienced such a situation myself but with weapons and equipment only simulating the hits, that being enough for me to imagine real battle even in the slightest sense.

As for women going to the army, I can only speculate on this as I didn't have any women serving in the same company with me. However, I do know that women have lower requirements physically than men do. For example, men have to run 2600 meters in the Cooper test to attain the 'good'-ranking, but women have to run a mere 2400 meters to reach the same rank.

What's unclear in practice to me is that how the presence of women in battlefield affects men, but I'd speculate that men tend to be protective of women, even to the point of disobeying, thus reducing the effectiveness of the group and possibly risking their lives. I find this thought to be very sensible. But as I said, it is simply speculation on my part.

Women, you are needed in rebuilding the nation and tending the wounds of the injured, not at battlefield. That is perfectly honorable for a woman. You don't have to prove you are as able as men are in the duties of men (not saying though that you'd have given such impression, Blood Axis).

Last Online
    Thursday, February 12th, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlingr Hárbarđarson
    Those who wish to act on roles of the other gender are traitors to what was our beginning: family.
    This is very interesting comment...

Is a parent, for example, who has to act as an other parent because the other one is not around for some reason (divorce, sickness, death) a traitor? Is a mother who has to work outside home to get needed incomes a traitor? Is a father who feeds a baby and change nappies, or cleans and cooks a traitor?

Břndern Ska Gjćnnoppstĺ Erlingr Hárbarđarson's Avatar
    Last Online
    Monday, September 26th, 2005 @ 03:24 AM
    Occupation
    Ósnotr mađr hyggr sér alla vera
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woman and Warfare

[thread split]

Sexism and tradition are not the same. If you wish to argue otherwise, then you should re-evaluate your worth to and place at tNP, where culture, heritage and tradition are not forsaken, but praised on grain-sewn knees.

Misogyny will not be tolerated in a day and age where the physically and spiritually interwoven knotwork of man and woman are all but the last of ancient truths to remain to day. Enemies come and go, but kindred and family flow evermore.

Fřrst utvanna saa utrydda

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 @ 01:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    However, might I add, that given the current state of manhood in modern societies -soft mommy's boys who spend all day talking about football, cars and stock market, wear cosmetics and compete about who has the fancier clothes, and who couldn't return a single punch if they received one-
    It hurts to be wounded you know

if our Fatherlands needed to be defended, I would grab sword, spear, axe or whatever else I would rather fight and die a honorable death, than hide and watch behind the curtains all that we love and stand for be destroyed, while the majority of our men would be crying for their mommies.
    I would do whatever i can to defend my self, my family and country against enemies.
    I'm not afraid to die, we will all die one day, but if i can serve my country and help my children to survive, i will do whatever i can to make it possible.

To run and hide are for cowards, our ancestors were warriors (at least my ancestors were warriors), and their blood still runs trough my veins and if i had to, i would join the battlefield and fight side by side with my countrymen, no matter what.
    I fly upon the blackest of wings - I soar through the dark night sky
    I answer no call but my own - I alone forge my reality
    For I am the Raven - The child of Odin

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It hurts to be wounded you know

I would do whatever i can to defend my self, my family and country against enemies.
    I'm not afraid to die, we will all die one day, but if i can serve my country and help my children to survive, i will do whatever i can to make it possible.

To run and hide are for cowards, our ancestors were warriors (at least my ancestors were warriors), and their blood still runs trough my veins and if i had to, i would join the battlefield and fight side by side with my countrymen, no matter what.
    Exactly! That is exactly the spirit I was trying to convey

As women, we know our place within the family. We are destined to be mothers, as you are, and to continue the bloodline and transmit our heritage.

However, if it comes to defending our kin, our children and our tradition, we will all fight fiercely without exception, and we would gladly die in doing so than run away to safety while our people and our values are in danger.

I was just pinpointing the generalized decay of modern societies, where roles have been inverted, as women are struggling to become men and as a consequence, men are becoming feminine.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostwood
    Women, you are needed in rebuilding the nation and tending the wounds of the injured, not at battlefield. That is perfectly honorable for a woman. You don't have to prove you are as able as men are in the duties of men (not saying though that you'd have given such impression, Blood Axis).
    Of course it is honorable for a woman to stay behind and attend for the wounded as well as to guard her home and children. I did not say otherwise -this is the ideal situation in a world where real men exist that will defend their country until the end.

I just stressed out that in the times that we are living, a large proportion of men is not equipped for battle or any other activity that requires bravery and physical/spiritual strength, as they are degenerate beings who cannot even tie their shoe laces on their own and ask their mommies to do it for them.

Thank goodness, from what I see in this forum, there are still quite a few men of the other kind left around.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 @ 09:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Nordish
    Subrace
    Troendertype/Nordid/Faelish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Divorced, looking
    Occupation
    Impregnating Captured Earthwomen
    Politics
    Folk and Land
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs Down

Of course it is honorable for a woman to stay behind and attend for the wounded as well as to guard her home and children. I did not say otherwise -this is the ideal situation in a world where real men exist that will defend their country until the end.

I just stressed out that in the times that we are living, a large proportion of men is not equipped for battle or any other activity that requires bravery and physical/spiritual strength, as they are degenerate beings who cannot even tie their shoe laces on their own and ask their mommies to do it for them.

Thank goodness, from what I see in this forum, there are still quite a few men of the other kind left around.
    You have so many good posts in this thread!-smil
    http://northwestfront.org/

......naturally the best man could give them the best children. Because of that these chosen Freyr priests had several wives. - Varg Vikernes

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 06:11 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Skĺne and North Frisia
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    It has nothing to do with feminism, it has nothing to do with "becoming equal to men", but I totally agree with Blood Axis and Guest.

If you still want to stick to the rules of old, so please do it everywhere and not just on some points you prefer. It's ok that men feed their babies, that women go to work - they are no traitors here. But isn't it a "change of roles", too?

Nowadays, most men and most wars are not compatible with the warriors of former times, with the battlefields of former times. While some othe so called modern men caring more about their next manicure, they lost their power, strenght and of course will to fight and protect their own land, culture and blood.

I also would rather raise my weapons if it comes to war than looking out of my window and see how some "boy soldiers" fail, put my faith in some guys who are paid for fight the war against "my" enemies or wait till death will take me and do nothing against it.

Anyway, again: this doesn't make me a feminist or something, I still adore the role of women in society, but as a lot of women lost their love to own a family, to have kids by themselves, a lot of men have lost the attributs of manhood...

I don't want to attack anybody here in this discussion, for I think the men at tNP are not part of this so called "modern men society", but that they're keeping up the spirit of old and still have the pride of our ancestors in their hearts. They weren't here, if they wouldn't.

But still the world has changed over the last hundreds and thousands of years. We cannot stick to all old rules, but have to adjust our views to the world we live in today. This does not mean that we have to give up the values of our ancestors, far from it! But while we accept the exploration of the universe, working women and men caring for their children and staying at home, we also have to accept that women want to protect their country - not only by vetting wounded soldiers and bring up children.

Even when some women (and there are stil very very few) want to join the army, want to fight, this won't be the end of our civilisation, of our folk. So don't be afraid, dear men, that a woman who is fighting, is forgetting her role as a future mother. She is just broading her possibilities.
    Lík börn leika best.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast