Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Devastating Effects of Soft Drinks - What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now?

Last Online
    Friday, April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devastating Effects of Soft Drinks - What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now?

In the First 10 Minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.

20 Minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get it’s hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)

40 Minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dialate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.

45 Minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

>60 Minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

>60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.

>60 Minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.
    [Source]

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    I almost always drink diet soda that is caffeine free. Please don't tell me that is bad for me.

Soft drinks in the US are sweeten with corn syrup rather then cane sugar. Some people claim this is worst for you then sugar. :

Last Online
    Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 @ 12:59 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Diet soda has its bad elements too, usually related to the artificial sweeteners and its effects on the nervous system and brain.

Refined sugar of any type is probably equally bad for you, whether sourced from cane or corn.

Last Online
    Friday, April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Americ View Post
    I almost always drink diet soda that is caffeine free. Please don't tell me that is bad for me.

Soft drinks in the US are sweeten with corn syrup rather then cane sugar. Some people claim this is worst for you then sugar. :
    One study suggested that consumption of diet soda was correlated with weight gain, because it stimulates the appetite.

Another study indicated that the consumption of diet soda correlates with increased metabolic syndrome that increases your chance of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.

Regarding your question on artificial sweeteners, I wouldn’t trust any kind of man-made food/drink.

I could literally list dozens of ill effects. The sad truth is that many people are ignorant of the facts.

If you have any children, I highly urge you to limit their consumption of it as if it was a plague. Let’s preserve the health of our future Germanic children.

In the future, I want you to pay particularly close attention to regular soda drinkers and their weight. You’ll definitely see a correlation.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 @ 08:44 AM
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I only drink diet soda, but I drink faaaar too much of it. :o

I don't think allowing kids to have a soda here and there is going to cause serious long-term effects, but I definitely wouldn't ever give my kids soda on a regular basis.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 27th, 2009 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    Scottish, Alsatian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm more worried about UTIs and the calcium being sucked out of my bones from the carbonation than anything else.:p

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    My Dad, who drinks about 2 litres of softdrink a day (and has done for decades), had all but one small portion of one of his 4 parathyroid glands surgically removed a couple of years ago, because they were so monstrously over-grown and causing kidney stones for him. He also has oesteoporosis and has done since the age of about 45 (which is unusually young, for this condition). I put it down to the soft drink.

Parathyroid glands control the production of parathyroid hormone which helps to regulate the amount calcium in the blood... if there isn't enough of this essential mineral in the blood, parathyroid hormone levels are increased by the stimulated parathyroid glands. The increased parathyroid hormone level causes calcium to be leeched out of the bones and into the bloodstream. ---> Carbonated drinks cause low blood calcium levels, so your body tries to compensate by putting your parathyroid glands into over-drive to produce excessive parathyroid hormone in an attempt to increase calcium levels in the bloodstream... if the low calcium levels continue long-term, hyperparathyroidism, painful kidney stones and oesteoporosis results.

Soft drink is poison in my opinion. I can't understand why people drink it. It doesn't even quench thirst... the best thing for this is water.

Needless to say, I don't allow soft drink in my house. I'm such a mean mum.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland, Norway, England, Germany
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Historian
    Politics
    Agrarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiríkr View Post
    Wow…that is so devastating. What’s next are you going to tell me the devastating effects of Beer, or Whiskey…oh please don’t tell me that smoking is bad for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiríkr View Post
    One study suggested that consumption of diet soda was correlated with weight gain, because it stimulates the appetite.

Another study indicated that the consumption of diet soda correlates with increased metabolic syndrome that increases your chance of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.

Regarding your question on artificial sweeteners, I wouldn’t trust any kind of man-made food/drink.

I could literally list dozens of ill effects. The sad truth is that many people are ignorant of the facts.

If you have any children, I highly urge you to limit their consumption of it as if it was a plague. Let’s preserve the health of our future Germanic children.

In the future, I want you to pay particularly close attention to regular soda drinkers and their weight. You’ll definitely see a correlation.
    The problem with citing correlations is that correlation does not even remotely imply causality…it just shows that there is a correlation.

All things in moderation!
    For the Ancestors who came before us, the Generations that flow form us, for the Blood that is in our veins.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Wow…that is so devastating. What’s next are you going to tell me the devastating effects of Beer, or Whiskey…oh please don’t tell me that smoking is bad for me too.
    Sarcasm.... the lowest form of wit. eyes:

The problem with citing correlations is that correlation does not even remotely imply causality…it just shows that there is a correlation.
    And what if that correlation is obvious evidence of "cause and effect"?? Should it be ignored lest people like yourself want to believe that everything that tastes good is ok in moderation?

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikr
    Good thing too. The human body hasn't evolved to digest and metablolise man-made chemicals, so they can produce horrendous health problems. Regarding artificial sweeteners : http://www.pacifichealthcenter.com/updates/71.asp

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:45 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland, Norway, England, Germany
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Historian
    Politics
    Agrarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    Sarcasm.... the lowest form of wit. eyes:
    I know it is!

And what if that correlation is obvious evidence of "cause and effect"?? Should it be ignored lest people like yourself want to believe that everything that tastes good is ok in moderation?
    But in the cases that were cited there was no obvious causality. For example one reason for the weight gain and the diabetes with diet soda could be that when people drink diet sodas they may often feel that they can eat more sweets that actually do have a lot of processed sugar. If that was the case than it would be the other foods consumed not the diet soda that was to blame for example. Another example of these kinds of studies not painting the entire picture would be many recent studies which have found that people who use sunscreen have a higher chance of getting skin cancer. Of course the sunscreen is not causing the cancer but it is more than likely caused by the fact that people who use sunscreen spend more time in the sun. Now in this case we have a strong correlation between people who use sunscreen and people who have skin cancer…but like in the pervious examples of diet soda that correlation does not in any SCINTEFIC way imply causality.
    For the Ancestors who came before us, the Generations that flow form us, for the Blood that is in our veins.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast