View Poll Results: Do you eat/drink a lot of dairy

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I drink lots of milk , love butter and cheese, all

39 72.22%
  • I like some dairy products a lot, some less.(example: I like milk butter, not cheese)

13 24.07%
  • I am omnivorously indifferent

0 0%
  • I dislike/cannot tolerate milk products.

3 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Drinking Milk Promotes Muscle Growth

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 11:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I don't know for sure (not having had my genome examined, meaning) but I seem to be lactose tolerant.

I eat a lot of cheese personally, although I don't drink nearly the milk that I used to. Now, I basically only have milk in my coffee and cereal. I'm also a big fan of cream cheese, sour cream, butter (yum!), etc., etc.

I grew up and still live in a dairying region--although, there aren't nearly the dairy farms around here that there used to be. The most popular cows here in Vermont are Holsteins, Jerseys and Guernseys.

I worked on a dairy farm for a couple of years back when I was a high schooler.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, March 18th, 2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    75% Hellenic. 25% Anglosaxon
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfang
    I read somewhere that North Europeans have a gene that allows us to process milk products more than other people.
    This statement needs a little classification, as not all North Europeans are Germanic same as not all Germanics are North Europeans.

What exactly is your hypothesis here?

That northern Europeans, or that germanics in general, are more receptive to lactose?

Because in the first case we'd have to look into geographical dietary factors (relating to what has available for eating up there, as well as how modern dietary habits are now shaping in these societies), and in the second case we'd have to look primarily into the genome of the germanic populations.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 10:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Axis View Post
    This statement needs a little classification, as not all North Europeans are Germanic same as not all Germanics are North Europeans.

What exactly is your hypothesis here?

That northern Europeans, or that germanics in general, are more receptive to lactose?

Because in the first case we'd have to look into geographical dietary factors (relating to what has available for eating up there, as well as how modern dietary habits are now shaping in these societies), and in the second case we'd have to look primarily into the genome of the germanic populations.

I recomend you read the whole thread, this is covered in great detail

My Thesis when I posted it was that I liked milk and was wondering if other germanics liked it too. Do you love gala?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I hate gala (milk ) and it's smell.

However I do love all kinds of dairy products: cheese, yoghurt, butter, icecream! Hence it's probably not due to lactose intolerance but more likely personal preference

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, December 28th, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    British
    Subrace
    sub-nordic
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    National Anarchist
    Religion
    Hatha Yoga
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I hate gala (milk ) and it's smell.

However I do love all kinds of dairy products: cheese, yoghurt, butter, icecream! Hence it's probably not due to lactose intolerance but more likely personal preference
    The more digestible forms of milk are yoghurt, mild fresh cheeses and butter.

Milk raw, unboiled and unspiced, is for the truly lactose tolerant, not the nasal-bunged masses who are beset with mucus, like me and Anfang.

Ice-cream is naughty but nice, which is why vaidyas and ayurvedic cooks make their ice-cream and their milk puddings from condensed milk, not cream, which brings on a mucus avalanche, as it increases kapha, the dense heavy quality in nature; water and earth elements.

However, kapha in moderate doses does have a use:

Milk boiled with sugar, saffron, cardomom and cinnamon and a large spoonful of ghee, is my favourite bedtime drink, but I have no-one to make it for me.

It brings on kapha, and soothes vata and pitta.

Love,

Fortis.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    No, but most North Europeans are Germanics, and most Germanic nations are located in northern Europe and adjacent areas. "Northern European" and "Germanic" are almost synonymous in practical terms, the most significant variation being the Finns. But you're intelligent, and don't need a geography lesson from me.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenson View Post
    I worked on a dairy farm for a couple of years back when I was a high schooler.

I worked for a dairy factory in my early years after school. We were allowed to take as much dairy products as we could consume personally. Therefore, every day I drank at least a litre and a half of milk, quite often a lot more, and a litre of yoghurt too.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Noric
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Still searching
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No, but most North Europeans are Germanics, and most Germanic nations are located in northern Europe and adjacent areas. "Northern European" and "Germanic" are almost synonymous in practical terms, the most significant variation being the Finns. But you're intelligent, and don't need a geography lesson from me.
    One one hand, Finns and Lapps are in the north of Europe (one could claim that also Russians and Baltics are also in the north of Europe), and on the other hand, southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland for example, are in central Europe, and there is a vast number of germanics outside of Europe!
    Hence the clarification I asked for, and I don't consider 'northern' and 'germanic' synonymous, but rather as highly correlated.

And this clarification was important in this thread alone, as the traditional dietary habits of, e.g. Icelanders and Finns, are more similar than those of Icelanders and Bavarians, and that is due to geographical location and availability of certain types of food and scarcity of others.
    Thanks for the geography lesson, anyway!

Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 10:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Sometimes you get tired of saying "germanic germanic germanic " so we can also use 'North European.
    Since jews control a lot of the media, including TV newspapers magazines news and magazines online, etc, somethings are said different here than in Europe.
    The Word Germanic in not Used in the US because, remember= "germans bad jews good" So our friends only use North European when they mean Germanic. The last thing that the they want the Swedes and Norsk descendants in the USA to know is that they are Germanic. Do you think they know as a group? No. It almost feels as if they share a brain and all their words and actions are structured to take away our collective power.In almost every nook and cranny of our lives.

The map psted and the links included will give you an idea of the lactose intolerance in differnt nations..

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    One one hand, Finns and Lapps are in the north of Europe (one could claim that also Russians and Baltics are also in the north of Europe), and on the other hand, southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland for example, are in central Europe, and there is a vast number of germanics outside of Europe!
    Hence the clarification I asked for, and I don't consider 'northern' and 'germanic' synonymous, but rather as highly correlated.

And this clarification was important in this thread alone, as the traditional dietary habits of, e.g. Icelanders and Finns, are more similar than those of Icelanders and Bavarians, and that is due to geographical location and availability of certain types of food and scarcity of others.
    Thanks for the geography lesson, anyway!
    You're complicating matters unnecessarily here.

The fact is, even the ancestors of Austrian and Swiss Germans originally came from far Nothern Europe during the Germanic Volkerwanderung.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast