Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boche View Post
    The official said that the Iraqi oil marketing company (SOMO) set the price for buyers in the United States with the same price of crude West Texas minus 6.80$ after the price was under 4.40$ in August.

Sumo raised the price for September shipments to Europeans buyers to Brent price minus $ 3.65 after it was minus $ 4.50.

Sumo increased price to Asian buyers to the average price of Oman and Dubai crude minus $ 1.20 after it was minus $ 1.80 in August.
    It sounds like everyone is getting a discount, even the Germans. It's just that the Americans are getting a bigger discount. But these discounts could just increase the profits of big oil, rather then being passed along to the pump.

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 10:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Americ View Post
    It sounds like everyone is getting a discount, even the Germans. It's just that the Americans are getting a bigger discount. But these discounts could just increase the profits of big oil, rather then being passed along to the pump.
    Yes, you're right with that. But now you have to compare those cheap american gazoline prices with european gazoline prices.
    When i saw on CNN an interview of Americans who complained about 0,30-0,40 cents they have to pay each liter i was like - "Why the hell do they complain?".

In Germany we pay around 1,40€ each Litre - that's like 1,60-1,70$ or 1L. In some other european countries it's even more expensive.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts
    Yes, gas is cheap in America compared to Europe. But because of the way our cities were designed, we have to drive almost everywhere. When visiting my sister in Arizona this pass summer I suggested we walk to the large shopping center just 1/2 mile from her house. That was a mistake. It is dangerous being a pedestrian in America if you leave a residential area. And public transport is very inconvenient or non-existant in most US suburbs. For whatever reason, the benefit of the automakers, big oil or real estate developers, the US is designed around the automobile. Residential areas are seperated from shopping, business & industrial areas. This ensures that for most American households, at least one automobile is a necessity. Which makes gasoline prices a volatile political issue, hense resulting in low gasoline taxes.

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 10:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Americ View Post
    Yes, gas is cheap in America compared to Europe. But because of the way are cities were designed, we have to drive almost everywhere. When visiting my sister in Arizona this pass summer I suggested we walk to the large shopping center just 1/2 mile from her house. That was a mistake. It is dangerous being a pedestrian in America if you leave a residential area. And public transport is very inconvenient or non-existant in most US suburbs. For whatever reason, the benefit of the automakers, big oil or real estate developers, the US is designed around the automobile. Residential areas are seperated from shopping, business & industrial areas. This ensures that for most American households, at least one automobile is a necessity. Which makes gasoline prices a volatile political issue, hense resulting in low gasoline taxes.

I know that you have long distance. Since European Countries are smaller - but here cars are needed too. People can take a train etc. yes. But i also only know people who own 1-2 cars. I also own 2 cars. and 1/2 mile isn't that far tough. I know people who have to drive 10 kilometers to the next supermarket and 60km to the next Shopping Center. It's not to easy here either except in a few areas like the "Ruhrpott". Where you have 5 Huge Cities close to eachother.
    Not sure why it's so dangerous as pedestrian in the US - but with speed-limits it should be safe. In Germany we have speed-limitis too - but not on the Autobahn.
    I think Americans need more Gasoline because their american cars eat more gazoline than an european VW or BMW for example.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 4th, 2007 @ 10:37 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leofric View Post
    Convincing, maybe. Proving, no. Proof requires more than plausibility. Though of course, establishing plausibility can help lay the groundwork for proof.
    You must understand that I am law student, hoping to be an advocate.

Convincing is often tantamount to proving in a legal context where judges often require ample evidence to be convinced. In fact, in Maltese we speak of "l-evidenza tipprova", ergo "evidence proofs". That probative nature of evidence, is all based on conviction.

Now, given the much less taxing nature of the populace at large I don't see why this logic shouldn't apply for politics where most political judgments are based on conviction.

Therefore, if in politics something is convincing, something effectively proves. Gaining conviction of the judging mind is the basis for proving. Whose the judge in politics if not the people in general? If one expects irrefutable proof on objective grounds, one can take the skeptic's seat of honour and never convince himself.

I'm convinced that American involvement in Iraq is based on dubious grounds, that is enough to open up the way for the reception of convincing evidence in the judgment of most people. In politics, if you don't wish to be discredited by your adversaries in the eyes of your people, don't permit doubts to arise from your own actions.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 1st, 2012 @ 12:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    50% German, 25% English, 25% Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Construction, writer/editor
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boche View Post
    Yes, you're right with that. But now you have to compare those cheap american gazoline prices with european gazoline prices.
    When i saw on CNN an interview of Americans who complained about 0,30-0,40 cents they have to pay each liter i was like - "Why the hell do they complain?".

In Germany we pay around 1,40€ each Litre - that's like 1,60-1,70$ or 1L. In some other european countries it's even more expensive.
    It's because of taxes. In the US the gas tax is 18.4 cents/gallon+a state tax of around 20 cents or so, so that works out to be about 10 cents/litre total tax for gasoline, whereas in Europe it is much higher. Likewise, alcohol is much more expensive in the US than in Europe because it is taxed more highly here than it is there.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Friday, March 13th, 2020 @ 02:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Telecommunications
    Politics
    Libertarian/Neo-Imperialist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ederico View Post
    You must understand that I am law student, hoping to be an advocate.

Convincing is often tantamount to proving in a legal context where judges often require ample evidence to be convinced. In fact, in Maltese we speak of "l-evidenza tipprova", ergo "evidence proofs". That probative nature of evidence, is all based on conviction.

Now, given the much less taxing nature of the populace at large I don't see why this logic shouldn't apply for politics where most political judgments are based on conviction.

Therefore, if in politics something is convincing, something effectively proves. Gaining conviction of the judging mind is the basis for proving. Whose the judge in politics if not the people in general? If one expects irrefutable proof on objective grounds, one can take the skeptic's seat of honour and never convince himself.

I'm convinced that American involvement in Iraq is based on dubious grounds, that is enough to open up the way for the reception of convincing evidence in the judgment of most people. In politics, if you don't wish to be discredited by your adversaries in the eyes of your people, don't permit doubts to arise from your own actions.
    Knowing your background definitely helps me see where your coming from on this.

My undergrad minor was in mathematics, so I'm coming from quite the opposite end of the spectrum.

I don't think you and I, given our disparate backgrounds, would reach consensus on this if we continued discussing the matter. Suffice it to say that I think we've both expressed our thoughts on convincing and proof fairly well and that I, personally, can see value in both viewpoints being present in our civilization for the various functions they are asked to perform.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 2nd, 2007 @ 09:46 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Considering that the US spends billions of dollars every year on it's military presence in Iraq in order to uphold democracy i feel that they are worthy of a discount.

Last Online
    Friday, April 13th, 2012 @ 02:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish / German
    Ancestry
    Ireland, Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Slave To The System :)
    Politics
    Agrarian Traditionalist
    Religion
    Vedic Aryan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ron Paul: Iran Attack On Within A Year

Ron Paul: Iran Attack On Within A Year
    "Presidential candidate says Neo-Cons waiting for right opportunity"
    Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Presidential candidate Ron Paul believes that an attack on Iran is highly likely within a year and that the Bush administration is simply waiting for the right opportunity, or event on which to blame Iran, before launching the assault.

"If I were a betting man I would bet that they will attack Iran before the end of this administration, which means in the next year or so," the Congressman told the Alex Jones Show today.

"The plans have been laid just like the plans were laid to go into Iraq a long time before they did but they had to wait for the right opportunity."

"The radical Neo-Cons are still there - they may have been diminished a little bit but they're still very very influential and very very powerful and they have the President's ear so I think they're just laying the plans, waiting for the opportunity," said Paul.

" I don't think the opportunity presents itself right now, I don't think we're gonna wake up tomorrow morning and have it happen unless they can blame the Iranians for something else - of course they're setting the stage for that by declaring that their Guard unit over there is a terrorist organization, so anything now is possible and they'll blame it on the Iranians and and make that excuse."

The Presidential candidate said he had "Talked to some military people and historians who knew the region," and they they told him "it would be the most disastrous thing we could do for our own sake," jeopardizing the lives of U.S. troops in Iraq and trapping them from getting out of the Persian Gulf.

Rhetoric regarding a potential military attack on Iran has heated again over the past few days, and President Bush himself stoked the flames further today when he warned of the risk of a "nuclear holocaust" if the country was allowed to acquire nuclear capability.

In a speech Monday, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said that a diplomatic push by the world's powers to rein in Tehran's nuclear program was the only alternative to "an Iranian bomb or the bombing of Iran."

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad today stated that a U.S. attack on Iran was "impossible" due to U.S. troops being tied down in Afghanistan and Iraq. He also dismissed Sarkozy's warning, calling the French premiere "inexperienced" and labeling his comments as purely "for the consumption of his inner circles."
    Bah! Enough of the squalor of democratic humanity. It is time to begin to recognise the aristocracy of the sun. The children of the sun shall be lords on the earth.
    -D.H. Lawrence

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast