View Poll Results: Should polygamy be made legal?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

101 37.00%
  • No.

130 47.62%
  • Other opinion.

21 7.69%
  • No opinion/I just want to see the votes.

21 7.69%
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Polygamy

Account Inactive Hellenic Eagle's Avatar
    Last Online
    Saturday, May 12th, 2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Subrace
    Greek
    Aristocrat/Idealist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Polygamy: what is your opinion?

I want to thank you girls, for your replies. But please, try not to answer to this thread as angry jealous wifes, because its not like i am a devoted fanatic polygamy believer or something. I am just trying to argue modern western ethics and "morality", in relation to the Natural Tendencies of the male and the female and the results that would be seen in a society.

Think about this for example:

Europe is undoubtly in population decline and low birthrates, stuck to the capitalist model of society that only permits a few children per family, if they are to be educated, live comfortably, etc. On the other hand, Islam with these "evil harems" and the traditional polygamy of some of its members, NEVER HAD a low birth rate problem and it wont have one in the future.....just check out the number of muslims in Europe.
    I am not a big fan of Islam, but i ve got to admit these obvious practical results in a society that practices polygamy.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 12th, 2005 @ 06:00 PM
    Subrace
    probably nordid
    Occupation
    anthropology student
    Politics
    ethnopluralist
    Religion
    a believer. :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic Eagle
    I want to thank you girls, for your replies. But please, try not to answer to this thread as angry jealous wifes, because its not like i am a devoted fanatic polygamy believer or something.
    Am I aggressive? rather not, I tried to write down my thoughts and comments clearly, and I managed IMHO to do it. I'm alone so there is no one I could be jealous about. 1:0 for me

Europe is undoubtly in population decline and low birthrates, stuck to the capitalist model of society that only permits a few children per family, if they are to be educated, live comfortably, etc. On the other hand, Islam with these "evil harems" and the traditional polygamy of some of its members, NEVER HAD a low birth rate problem and it wont have one in the future.....just check out the number of muslims in Europe.
    I am not a big fan of Islam, but i ve got to admit these obvious practical results in a society that practices polygamy.
    Is the number of people what counts the most? There's no low birthrate problem in the Muslim countries, that's a fact, but on the other hand see the quality of living there, see Bangladesh, Sudan, Nigeria, and so on. Most of the Islamic countries are the leading on the ranking of the poorest countries; there are many children born, but a high percent of them die during the childhood because of famine, diseases or in military conflicts. I doubt you would envy such situation. The danger of extinction results in high birthrate and polygamy is no doubt helpful with that..
    If the European countries want to build up the number of newborn Europeans, the people should be encouraged to start families, there should be a social help for the parents and also - there should be explained that having kids does not exclude satisfying work, carreer, successful living, and so on.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 21st, 2006 @ 05:00 PM
    Subrace
    other
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Occupation
    long may it continue! ;)
    Politics
    dunno
    Religion
    reform judaism.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: AW: Polygamy: what is your opinion?

hmm. I know that it's prohibited now and has been since long before Jesus was born.

But anyway, why should a man be go somewhere else to get sexual gratification? Why can't he just be happy with one person? If that's how he feels then why did he get married in the first place - which is all about COMMITMENT TO ONE PERSON? Why didn't he just date women without committing to anything?

You're basically saying that some women are unable to satisfy their husbands, and if that happens the husband should go somewhere else for sex? What about if the husband doesn't satisfy the wife? What is the POINT of being married - to anyone - if you're going to act like that?

Also marriage is about love, it's a very exclusive relationship, and husbands and wives tell each other things that nobody else knows, they know all the intimate details of each other's daily lives, how are you going to have that intamacy and that support with more than one person? Won't it make all of the marriages be devalued?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, February 21st, 2006 @ 05:00 PM
    Subrace
    other
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Occupation
    long may it continue! ;)
    Politics
    dunno
    Religion
    reform judaism.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol thanx Jack Yeah, seriously though, If someone expected me to be one among many wives or girlfriends or expected me to put up with them seeking sex somewhere else because I couldn't "satisfy" them - they would be out that door in an instant.

And what is all this talk of women being subordinate and inferior and people who complain about this being "jealous wives"? You sound like the anti-women's vote campaigners in the 1900s.

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Tydal/Litorid/Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Identitär
    Religion
    Indo-europeisk Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Since the "anti-nature"-argument has a tendency to come up in those discussions, it may be in order to continue on the "natural" trail. It is a well known fact that chimps and many other animals are rapists, paedophiles, zoophiles, necrophiles, cannibals, incest-mongers and whatnot. So not all that is natural is necessarily good, or worthy of humans.

I also suspect that polygamy may be related to the weird form of masculinity of middle-eastern boys/men. They grow up in a largely female environment, with an absent father, and develop a rather feminine personality to begin with. At the same time masculinity is viewed as superior to femininity, so these boys have to show themselves as "true men", which they often are not. And this in turn leads to gang-rapes, pack violence on lonely people, rampant homosexuality, and all sorts of deviations. Probably a monogamous family with one father and one mother is much better for a healthy development of children.

Basically I think that one cant outlaw polygamous relations, but they are not the ideal.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, February 9th, 2006 @ 07:40 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgal2k2
    You're basically saying that some women are unable to satisfy their husbands, and if that happens the husband should go somewhere else for sex? What about if the husband doesn't satisfy the wife? What is the POINT of being married - to anyone - if you're going to act like that?
    What is the point of being married? Obviously, it's financial security.

Last Online
    Monday, March 19th, 2007 @ 02:25 AM
    Subrace
    Borreby
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    Fisherman
    Politics
    Nation, Family and preservation
    Religion
    zutreffender Katholischer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mere_des_soudures
    I think it's awful to have more than one spouse. It's a sin. I am happy with my husband and he doesn't need someone else. I am his lover, the mother of his children and his loyal friend. A man does not need more then that.

Mere
    This is wonderfully true. We have a great heritage honouring family. I don't need anthing else

Verslingen
    We come from the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot spring blows
    Hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands to fight the horde sing and cry valhalla i am coming
    On we sweep with threshing oar our only goal will be the western shore
    We come from the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot spring blows
    How soft your fields of green can whisper tales of gore of how we calmed the tides of war we are your overlords
    On we sweep with threshing oar our only goal will be the western shore
    So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins
    for peace and trust can win the day despite all your losings

Last Online
    Subrace
    Greek
    Aristocrat/Idealist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgal2k2
    And what is all this talk of women being subordinate and inferior and people who complain about this being "jealous wives"? You sound like the anti-women's vote campaigners in the 1900s.

And you, sound like a .......Jewess!

Now, if i was interested in a Jewesse's opinion, i wouldnt be posting in a European Cultural Racial and Spiritual Preservation forum, would I?

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Tydal/Litorid/Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Identitär
    Religion
    Indo-europeisk Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hehe, the ultimate argument in any debate: "Yeah, but you're Jewish!"...

Last Online
    Subrace
    Greek
    Aristocrat/Idealist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oskorei
    Hehe, the ultimate argument in any debate: "Yeah, but you're Jewish!"...

READ what i m writing stupid northern man, i am not ARGUING with the girl, and suddenly dropin the "you are Jewish" line, as an ARGUMENT.

BEFORE i argue with her in any way, i openly and honestly state, i do not care about the opinion of a Jewess, while i am posting and discussing in a supposedly EUROPEAN forum.