View Poll Results: Which of these four concepts describes your faith or view of the universe best?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theism

11 22.92%
  • Deism

7 14.58%
  • Pantheism

13 27.08%
  • Atheism

17 35.42%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Theist, Deist, Pantheist, or Atheist?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 24th, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Spenglarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For almost 20 years I gave up religion, being an assumed atheist. Nevertheless, I do respect the anciant Aryan gods for they not only represented us in the way that they were just like we are (or we were creted according to them), as we can clearly see in Greek, Roman, Keltic or Hindu mythologies, but they also were the personification of the forces of nature. They really gave meaning to the aspect that we almost forgot: that we and Nature should be as one!

As Spengler speaks in his Decline of the West:
    Nature, as classical man felt it and knew it about him, Viz., a sum of well-formed bodily things, could not be deified in any other form but this. The Roman felt that the claim of Yahweh to be recognised as sole God had something Atheistic in it. One God, for him, was no God, and to this may be ascribed the strong dislike of popular feeling, both Greek and Roman, for the philosophers in so far as they were pantheistic and godless. Gods are bodies of the perfectest kind, and plurality was an attribute of bodies alike for mathematicians, lawyers and poets. The concept of bodily plurality was valid for gods as well as for men; nthing was more alien to them than oneness, solitaryness and self-adequacy; and no existence was possible to them save under the aspect of eternal propinquity.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 24th, 2010 @ 11:00 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Spenglarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Continuing With God

Its not a supernatural something, likewise in any other Aryan pantheon. What does Guth mean, the Old Germanic root to God?

I might say that I am a theist now, not in the perverted modern sense, but how an Aryan must feel it.

Last Online
    Monday, November 17th, 2003 @ 12:59 PM
    Politics
    White Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post 1984 began in the Middle-Ages?

As Boyd Rice once said "the body of humanity has been poisoned" and that which was grand and noble is now seen as a weaked and evil thing! There are many ways of corrupting one's body and soul (or spirit, or whatever you may name it) and christianity, as spreaded by Rome Church, was the preview of Geroge Orwell's «1984». Since you were born you were bounded to the Church by baptism. Then you were to be watched very carefully throughout your entire life and if you failled in following the doctrine you'd be punished (Room 101) by enquisitors or normal priests. Furthermore, History was rewrote: the Bible was the truth, the ancient sacred places were christened and said to be always a christian place, old divinities became either demons (Lucifer) or were santified in order to make easier the conversion.
    Moreover, poverty and misery were seen as good things ("less is more"?) and there was an almost permanent state of religious war: "Reconquista" against the Muslims in Iberia, Charlemagne conquest of the East (specially against the Saxons), against the so called heresies (Cathars, Aryans, Bogomilians, Monofisists, etc.).

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 07:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I was raised Catholic. Forced to go to church until I was 16. I hated it. Thought it was a bunch of non-sense. In my early 20's I became an atheist. Remained an atheist until my late 20's. Then I found the truth. Maybe that is the process. You are filled from youth to believe in lies and the only way to cleanse yourself is to reject it all. The answer lies within. There is something, a power that exists, a god. Then I stumbled upon Cosmotheism. The power lives in me and is me. Yes, I am a god.

There is evil in the world that corrupts that god within us. Tries to snuff the flame out. What more is there to say.

Last Online
    Saturday, February 5th, 2005 @ 02:44 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    ?
    Politics
    Progressive Aryan
    Religion
    Progressive Aryan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God is mathematics! Life is the recurring matrix! Think not of god as a large being in the sky but think of him as an algebraic equation.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 29th, 2007 @ 05:52 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Athiest
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My family secretly practiced catholicism during communism, but I never had any strong beliefs in any form of religion. There are so many pointless complexities and rituals involved in Christianity that I can't accept. I once learned from an a math prof. this equation using non real numbers that supposedly proves the existance of God. Of course I can't remember it, but does anyone know of it? It would be interesting to see it again.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 8th, 2018 @ 05:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Originally posted by cosmocreator
    Maybe that is the process. You are filled from youth to believe in lies and the only way to cleanse yourself is to reject it all. The answer lies within. There is something, a power that exists, a god.
    this idea of rejecting and cleansing is somewhat in keeping with the christian idea of being ''born again''
    at present im reading a book about America's bible belt it sets out the conclusion that the 'real' christians can only be those that have been born again.it suggests that to be a real christian you have to go through an episode which makes you lose faith in god but eventually you propel yourself or find yourself back in the ''loving arms of god'' if you will. this rejecting of faith and the consequent re-integration into religion supposedly suggests that the born again christian is superior to other christians as he is not living with ''blind faith'' - he has left his religion and lost his faith but found through being away from it that he really does believe.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 8th, 2018 @ 05:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Politics
    Irish Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Originally posted by Premisyl
    My family secretly practiced catholicism during communism, but I never had any strong beliefs in any form of religion. There are so many pointless complexities and rituals involved in Christianity that I can't accept. I once learned from an a math prof. this equation using non real numbers that supposedly proves the existance of God. Of course I can't remember it, but does anyone know of it? It would be interesting to see it again.
    i havent heard of the equation though it does sound interesting.
    however,i was also raised as a catholic but from a young age i realised i did not believe in some omnipotent god nor did i care for ALL the prayer and ritual involved.
    personally im really beginning to believe more and more that people are only in religion due to fear---of death mainly.
    im a cynic what can i say!

Last Online
    Politics
    White Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Born Again

There was an early Christian sect, the gnostics, that went further on that "born again" aspect, as they believed in reincarnation but they were persecuted and eventually disappeared in obscurity, though I think that probably Blavatsky's ideas approached it in a way... though she took it from Hinduism/Brahmanism, not from those gnostics.

Last Online
    Politics
    White Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it´s not cynicism Scathach, for most people look to religion because they are scared of dying and cannot bear that idea. Furthermore, for many people Religion is the only way of having a code of conduct, one that they break all the time but follow nevertheless.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast