Slovenia Slovenia
    Religion
    Slavic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dark Cordeds?

I've thoroughly looked through amorsite's gallery (I think it is based almost exclusively on Coon?) recently and something seemed odd to me. It distinguishes between three different types of cordeds, "keltic", "hallstatt" and "eastern". I noticed all three featured both very dark hair and brown eyes (they all looked really similar to atlanto-meds to me), whereas I thought cordeds where supposed to be light. How much water does this distinction hold, where does it stand with you guys?

And, what I am also interested in, how would one separate supposed dark cordeds from atlanto-meds or pontids, if this were true? Could pontids be dark cordeds?

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 06:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scottish (basically)
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Re: Dark cordeds?

Coon thinks that Cordeds are intermediate in hair colour and light eyed; I'm not sure that his evidence for this is very solid though. I'm tentatively of the opinion that the type is actually blond, and that the Nordic ash-blondness derives from this type.

I'm not familiar with Pontids, but structurally, Atlanto-meds are not difficult to distinguish from Cordeds (at least when found in relatively complete form). The general impression of the latter is of more excessive narrowness and length, of shoulders, head and face. The upper face in particular is narrower on the Corded in comparison to Atlanto-meds, and the former have a much higher, narrower vault and steeper forehead.