German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Grin Iran Condemns 'Anti-Iranian' Movie "300"

Tehran - Iran on Monday strongly condemned the US film company Warner Bros. over the allegedly 'anti-Iranian' blockbuster film 300.

Javad Shamqadri, art advisor to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, told Fars news agency that the film was an insult to Persian culture and in line with the American 'psychological war' against Iran.

Zack Snyder's film, based on a comic book by Frank Miller, tells the story of the battle of Thermopylae in Greek history in which 300 Spartan warriors led by King Leonidas heroically fought a massive Persian army attack, delaying an invasion by King Xerxes' forces and giving Greeks time for a counterattack.

Iran's has called foul over what it calls 'deviation of history' but also because the Persians in the film were shown as 'ugly and violent creatures rather than human beings.'

The news network Khabar organised a special programme in which the film was evaluated from several angles by film critics who argued that the film's alleged efforts to expose Persians as violent was a US political plot implemented through Hollywood and the Warner Bros. company.

The state-run network also linked the film to ongoing political differences between Washington and Tehran such as the nuclear dispute.

The film critics further said that after Germans, Japanese, Russians and Arabs, Iranians seem to become the new 'villian' in Hollywood productions.

A large number of Iranians abroad have already started a worldwide email campaign to send protest missives to Warner Bros. for having insulted Persian culture and history.

The film reportedly made 70 million dollars over its opening weekend, making it the first official blockbuster of the year.

Source: http://movies.monstersandcritics.com...nian_movie_300

Well, most countries are critical when it comes to others portraying their history and culture. As it always comes with historical films, what we see is the directors vision and accuracy will vary. Just compare it when the Jews complained about Mel Gibsons "The Passion of Christ" Movie.

Maybe Iran wanted to step into the Jews footsteps and complain about the same silly issues and see how the world reacts.

And i'm quite sure that all tge Hollywood Jews flame Iran now for their comment about the movie "300", but back then when Mel Gibsons Movie was there the Jews complained like little kids who lost their candy.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, December 28th, 2008 @ 08:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    British
    Subrace
    sub-nordic
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    National Anarchist
    Religion
    Hatha Yoga
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Tehran condemns 'anti-Iranian' movie 300

Which Jews do you refer to when you refer to 'the Jews'?

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 11:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis_In_Arduis View Post
    Which Jews do you refer to when you refer to 'the Jews'?
    When i talk about whining, complaining and double-morality jews while talking about a movie issue - then it should be obvious, or?

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British
    Subrace
    sub-nordic
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    National Anarchist
    Religion
    Hatha Yoga
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boche View Post
    When i talk about whining, complaining and double-morality jews while talking about a movie issue - then it should be obvious, or?

Gruß,
    Boche
    No, it is not obvious, and I think that you are being a unilateral anti-Semite.

AW: Re: Tehran condemns 'anti-Iranian' movie 300

(1) What is a "unilateral anti-Semite"?

(2) Why are you so obsessed with Jews?

Actually, you remind me of another piece of rabidly anti-Semitic hate propaganda:

FRANCIS:
    Yeah. I think Judith's point of view is very valid, Reg, provided the Movement never forgets that it is the inalienable right of every man--
    STAN:
    Or woman.
    FRANCIS:
    Or woman... to rid himself--
    STAN:
    Or herself.
    FRANCIS:
    Or herself.
    REG:
    Agreed.
    FRANCIS:
    Thank you, brother.
    STAN:
    Or sister.
    FRANCIS:
    Or sister. Where was I?
    REG:
    I think you'd finished.
    FRANCIS:
    Oh. Right.
    REG:
    Furthermore, it is the birthright of every man--
    STAN:
    Or woman.
    REG:
    Why don't you shut up about women, Stan. You're putting us off.
    STAN:
    Women have a perfect right to play a part in our movement, Reg.
    FRANCIS:
    Why are you always on about women, Stan?
    STAN:
    I want to be one.

[...]

Do you want to be one Fortis?

@topic: I've only seen the trailer so far, but from what I've seen I don't think that the movie is very much anti-Iranian. The fantasy elements seem to be pretty obvious and the whole thing is far from being realistic (unlike movies like Troy or Gladiator). Perhaps the Iranians are just trying to get some media attention - but that's their good right. If the Jews call everyone who criticizes their imperialist policy an "anti-Semite" and push through bans on anti-Zionist content why shouldn't the Persians try the same? They won't be successful anyway, but perhaps it makes some people think about what's going on in international politics.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British
    Subrace
    sub-nordic
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    National Anarchist
    Religion
    Hatha Yoga
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pervitinist View Post
    (1) What is a "unilateral anti-Semite"?
    Someone who attributes negative qualities to all Jews, often in the intellectually lazy form of 'the Jews'.

Jewish people are politically diverse. There are even Jews who support Hamas and totally oppose America and Israel's policies in the Middle East.

There are many different types of Zionist. Communists, fascists, free-market capitalists, multiculturalist or not. Secular Zionists, religious Zionists...

Therefore it is incorrect to refer to 'the Jews', one should be more specific.

Furthermore:

It is also interesting to note that there do not seem to be very many pro-Zionist holocaust revisionists, perhaps suggesting that holocaust revisionism is as politicised as the holocaust mythos itself.

Aren't these holocaust revisionists often the same people who believe that 9/11 was a inside job?

America is using Israel as her proxy in the Middle East. Israel buys a large number of her weapons systems from the US, so that will have some bearing on how Iran will be portrayed in film. We are looking at what the left refers to as the 'military-industrial complex'.

However, there are Zionists, on the far-left and the far-right, who are totally opposed to this relationship. So why talk about 'the Jews' when this is a very serious matter? There is a need for accuracy, or it begins to look as though we are standing on an illogical platform.

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

No, it is not obvious, and I think that you are being a unilateral anti-Semite.
    Quit your insulting. I'm of course refering to the Hollywood Zionists and the jewish Film-Critics who even say that every movie of Mel Gibson is sick and perverted because they don't like him since his Passion of the Christ Movie.

Wasn't that obvious enough? If you really call me an Antisemite who can't differ between Zionistic, Judaistic and Kabbalistc Jews then you must be simply dull.

Or maybe next time you just read my post more directly. it was sooooooooooooooooooooo that i was refering to the Hollywood-Connection, because i even mentioned it.

Gruß,
    Boche

AW: Tehran condemns 'anti-Iranian' movie 300

Here's a cool meta-review I found on Ilana Mercer's page:

‘300’: Not A Top Pick With Metrosexuals

The film “300” is based on a comic-book rendition of the epic Battle of Thermopylae (480 BC), in which 7,000 Greeks confronted over 260,000 Persians, intent on invading and enslaving the Greek city-states. The Spartans, under King Leonidas’ command, held the front until their Athenian compatriots were able to mount a sea offensive, eventually defeating the Persian Kind Xerxes, and stopping his expansion into Europe.

The ferocious Greek infantrymen lodged themselves in the eponymous pass, the Hot Gates, successfully—and brilliantly—fighting off waves of Persians. Then they were betrayed. A Greek traitor, Epialtes, guided the Persians through a backdoor mountain path to outflank Leonidas’ force. Leonidas let the rest of the army retreat, but retained 300 elite-force Spartans and some Thebans and Thespians to fight Xerxes till the end.

Personally, I found the kabuki-like quality of the film quite beautiful, but overall, most reviewers, left and right, complained bitterly about “excessive violence.” Now a reviewer might legitimately abjure the genre’s stylistic excesses. But only a modern-day effete would kvetch about excessive gore in such a battle. A few hundred men plant themselves in a narrow pass, as the Barbarian hordes smash against their shields—and reviewers complain of “excessive violence”?

Among the commentariat, smarmy has replaced smart. Everyone strains to produce clever repartee. Few manage. Most end up sounding fussy (read gay) and foolish. Thus Rolling Stone effused about the Spartan’s “gym-ready,” “crotch-squeezing ensembles that expose as much flesh as an R rating will allow.” To the campy reviewer, the 300 were gladiators in gay get-up. Or “quite the beefcake movie,” in the Los Angeles Times’ parlance. Today’s metrosexuals malign manliness. To the hip, heroism is “so yesterday.”

Pop psychology’s twisted constructs are yet another implement by which the intellectually impotent rape reality. The same reviewer described spears and swords as “handy phallic symbols.” Sometimes a sword is just a sword. Were the Hellenes wishing secretly that they were brandishing sex toys instead of swords against the Persian Immortals? I doubt it. So why the psychosexual babble?

300’s cartoonish accoutrements—the screenplay writer unleashes a menagerie of beasts and beast-like men—were taken by many reviewers as proof of the flick’s flimsy historical foundation. Historically, however, 300’s blow-by-blow depiction of the battle hues rather closely to Herodotus’ Histories.

Complaints abounded about the “laughable” dialogue. But once one reads Herodotus, Book VII to be precise, the lines in “300” do not seem so fantastic. For example, when the Persians warned the Spartans that their arrows would soon blot out the sunlight, the Spartan Dienekes did indeed quip, “Then we will fight in the shade.” When the enemy demanded the Spartans lay down their weapons; Leonidas roared, “Come and take them.” Verbal swordplay was clearly part of Spartan character.

The 300 and their brothers-in-arms were not only Greek heroes, but ours as well. Yet the most absurd—and obscure—argument against this proposition contended that the Spartans could not have been fighting for individual liberties, since they themselves were part of a militaristic, collectivist, statist society. The Spartans fought so that their women and children would not be enslaved and they not slaughtered by the Persians. The right not to be slaughtered and the right not to be enslaved—what, pray tell, are they, if not the ultimate individual rights? To claim members of a flawed society cannot fight for individual liberties is a non sequitur.

Although slavery was prevalent throughout Greece, others felt that the Spartans’ cruelty to the Messenians, a people they occupied and turned into helots or serfs, somehow nullified their bravery and the significance of the Battle of Thermopylae. As this illogic has it, and for the defensive war they waged to be deemed righteous, the Spartans circa 480 BC would have had to adhere to the American Bill of Rights.

There was a lot that was bad about the Spartans, and a great deal that was good about them. Their women were liberated. They were not decadent like the Athenians, whom Leonidas calls “boy-lovers.” That they were as brave as can be at Thermopylae, and that their courage contributed to the continuance of Western civilization—this cannot be denied. Indeed, reviewers, for the most, neglected the sweep of history.

By repelling Eastern despotism, the Greeks, first at Thermopylae, then in the battles of Salamis (480 BC) and Plataea (479 BC), saved Western Civilization.

©2007 By Ilana Mercer
    WorldNetDaily.com
    March 16
    http://www.ilanamercer.com/300ReviewingTheReviews.htm

Ok she's Jewish, but she does have a point here (seems like I'm a multilateral anti-Semite).

Her blog is also worth visiting: http://blog.ilanamercer.com/

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Indeed a good review.
    The most reviews i read yet complained about the "Facism" and "Anti-Feminism" and of course also about the violence.

But why do people complain about these 3 issues in that movie? I mean, first it's war.
    War = Violence.

Then it played over 2000 years ago, Facism and Anti-Feminism was very normal back then.

Do they want an unreal movie with demonstrating females in Sparta asking for more women rights and did they believe that humans back then didn't had blood and guts which might be splattered and sliced while fighting with sharp objects?

Such people who complain about that just make me wonder how stupid people can be.

Gruß,
    Boche

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Jewish people are politically diverse. There are even Jews who support Hamas and totally oppose America and Israel's policies in the Middle East.
    If you occupy all pro and contra positions, you can't loose of ocurse.
    No matter what would happen, the jew will be part of it.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast