Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Best Martial Art Against Multiple Attackers?

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Jute/Angle
    Subrace
    Angle/Jute
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Married
    Occupation
    Education
    Politics
    conservative/pan Nordish
    Religion
    Mysticism/Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrid Runa View Post
    Okay. It's Jewish, therefore I shouldn't practice it. Yeah. Not happening. I don't care about it's history. If it works, I'm for it.
    Jewish or not its kind of basic. Do your really need to study that? You should know everything they do anyway, its basic and they do a lot of hair puling and gouging. Its just the way they train that is effective more than what they do. I have never seen a new move watching one of their video clips.

Anyway the Jewish bit is not just history. All its top people in Krav Maga are still Jewish so if you take it to a high level you will have Jewish teachers. lol

Last Online
    Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 @ 08:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, and Wales
    Country
    United States United States
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Speaking of Krav Maga, a teacher of this attended an Aikido seminar I happened to be attending. Now in usual fashion, my teacher would demonstrate a technique and then we would practice it. Well the Krav Maga guy had this look on his face that basically said this doesn't work, so my teacher showed him how it worked. To this day I never seen anyone dropped with Nikyo that fast. The look on the guy's face was priceless! You could literally see the "wtf" thought bubble over his head.
    Omnia risus et omnis pulvis et omnia nihil - HPL

"Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about." - Willy Wonka

“niemand bleibt hier” - Maria Orsic

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, February 12th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Irish, Norse.
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    In a relationship
    Occupation
    Checkout operator, Morrisons
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgard View Post
    Jewish or not its kind of basic. Do your really need to study that? You should know everything they do anyway, its basic and they do a lot of hair puling and gouging. Its just the way they train that is effective more than what they do. I have never seen a new move watching one of their video clips.

Anyway the Jewish bit is not just history. All its top people in Krav Maga are still Jewish so if you take it to a high level you will have Jewish teachers. lol
    Krav Maga is useful for women especially. It's the use of moves that don't require a large amount of body strength to defeat your opponent, like say in Judo. In the two Japanese fighting style classes I took part in, it was all about using your opponents body against them, which requires muscle. There were a lot of lifting moves that were difficult for me personally to do because I wasn't as built as the others. Though, that being said, I was very fast and agile in sparring matches. But the stiffness and form required in both forms of fighting styles slowed me down in real fights, which is why I gave up as soon as I got my black belt.

Last Online
    Monday, December 5th, 2016 @ 04:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I'd like to suggest Judo. Judo is used by Police and military all around the world and what's good about it is that your not training in this way "if this happens, than I'll do that and follow with this". Instead Judo techniques are trained and then you train by fighting with them, in this way you will act to every attack because no one fights the same way.

Judo Includes: throws, chokes and arm locks.
    The throws are the fundamentals of Judo and if you don't learn how to take a throw correctly you will get injured. These throws are very effective and one throw can knock an opponent out (I ones hit the back of my head to the mat and got a concussion). The arm locks can destroy joints forever and chokes can take out an enemy in maters if seconds.

Now when you see competitions they may look slow but that's because both Judokas have practiced to counter every throw and they also have great balance. I weigh under 70kg and I have easily thrown people a head taller than me and 30kg heavier than me. I don't even have to throw most people who don't know Judo because the force of your grip and pull will be enough to take them of their feet and onto their stomach.
    101 JUDO IPPONS 2009-2010

Combat Demonstration in Swedish Military

Judo also includes Kata's that have disarming techniques against knifes,rifles and pistols.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 11:25 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Jute/Angle
    Subrace
    Angle/Jute
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Married
    Occupation
    Education
    Politics
    conservative/pan Nordish
    Religion
    Mysticism/Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Krav Maga is useful for women especially. It's the use of moves that don't require a large amount of body strength to defeat your opponent, like say in Judo. In the two Japanese fighting style classes I took part in, it was all about using your opponents body against them, which requires muscle. There were a lot of lifting moves that were difficult for me personally to do because I wasn't as built as the others. Though, that being said, I was very fast and agile in sparring matches. But the stiffness and form required in both forms of fighting styles slowed me down in real fights, which is why I gave up as soon as I got my black belt.
    I think Karate is often done in a stiff way but this is more the fault of the instructors than the style. White Crane Kung Fu is very similar in form to a lot of Karate and they use tension in some training but it is not at all stiff in application.

What I like about internal martial arts is they increase your power in a way not dependent on build and a bulky body. Krav is not like that as it go's for weak points but Systema is.

Last Online
    Monday, December 5th, 2016 @ 04:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    There were a lot of lifting moves that were difficult for me personally to do because I wasn't as built as the others.
    It takes time but when the technique is mastered it requires almost no force.
    There was a girl that practiced in our club and she sometimes had to compete with boys in heavier categories and did sometimes win. She was not at all boyish but but very feminine, it was her technique that was great not her strength.

Techniques are about leverage if you're struggling to pull someone of the ground then it's not being done correctly.
    Human Weapon: Judo Samurai Legacy - Uchi Mata

Human Weapon: Judo Samurai Legacy - Tomoe Nage

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    According to legend, jujutsu was created so that a smaller person could defeat a larger one.

If you are relying on brute strength to make your techniques work, then there is something fundamentally wrong with your technique.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgard View Post
    I think Karate is often done in a stiff way but this is more the fault of the instructors than the style. White Crane Kung Fu is very similar in form to a lot of Karate and they use tension in some training but it is not at all stiff in application.

What I like about internal martial arts is they increase your power in a way not dependent on build and a bulky body. Krav is not like that as it go's for weak points but Systema is.
    You often hear this about Karate in general, that it's too static and has an over-reliance on kata, but I do not think this is the case. If you're stiff, then you need to loosen up. It's not the art, but the artist.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, February 12th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Irish, Norse.
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    In a relationship
    Occupation
    Checkout operator, Morrisons
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schopenhauer View Post
    You often hear this about Karate in general, that it's too static and has an over-reliance on kata, but I do not think this is the case. If you're stiff, then you need to loosen up. It's not the art, but the artist.
    It's not the artist, it's the teacher.
    Two forms of Japanese fighting, both the same styles of teaching. Sorry, but you won't change my mind about something that I did for 10 years.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    Cultist
    Politics
    Cthulhic
    Religion
    LHP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    It's not the artist, it's the teacher.
    Two forms of Japanese fighting, both the same styles of teaching. Sorry, but you won't change my mind about something that I did for 10 years.
    Well if the teacher is off so too will be the students.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not quite sure what point your were trying to make.