View Poll Results: Are you superficial (in the sense of what people think it is)?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i couldn't have a relationship to a unattractive person, even if the character is perfect

28 44.44%
  • No, i don't care how unattractive the person is, as long as the character fits.

13 20.63%
  • None of above - i posted my opinion on this issue.

9 14.29%
  • I don't care, shut up Boche.

13 20.63%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Wrong With Being Superficial?

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 10:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What's Wrong With Being Superficial?

There seems to be a certain stigma attached to being very concerned with someone's physical appearence. If someone is found to be superficial, they are shown bad and looked down on.

But why?

For me, I care alot about looks. They are just as important as personality. But both cant outweigh eachother - so both have to be there. Because i need a woman which looks attractive and also has a character that fits for me. I look for what's in my best interest. I think this is very natural. Sure what's on the inside counts - but for a Relationship the inside and outside counts - For a Friendship only the inside counts.

I do not treat people differently based on their looks, but I'm careful by choosing.

What is it so bad to be concerned about looks? Do you think a person is bad if they are "superficial"?

And who, even created this Morality-Issue concerning "It's only the Inside, what counts." ?

For the Poll: With Relationship, i mean a Love-Relationship.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Account Disabled on Request

Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Re: What's wrong with being superficial?

There's nothing wrong with being superficial. Everything is physical, even emotions are just electro-chemical interactions. We may be self-aware, but we're still animals.

I think all women have potential for beauty, so why not find a partner with an excellent personality, then throw money at them until they're externally attractive also.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

AW: What's wrong with being superficial?

Silly human mating behaviour... <sighs>

I think it really depends on what you're looking for. Of course the person shouldn't be ugly in one's eyes if he wants a relationship with her but if one looks of a longterm relationship the beauty will vanish after some time anyways and what will remain is the character and therefore I think it's better for you to go more after the character when looking for a serious relationship as long as you can still look at her face without being disgusted.
    Ceterum censeo Iudaeam esse delendam.

Naturbursche
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 @ 10:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneEnglishNorman View Post

I think all women have potential for beauty, so why not find a partner with an excellent personality, then throw money at them until they're externally attractive also.

Well there is also a difference between Natural and Racial Beauty and then Fake Beauty, Surgeries etc. etc.

Gruß,
    Boche
    "We Germans fear God, but nothing else in the world; and already that godliness is it, which let us love and foster peace."
    - Otto von Bismarck, 1888

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can appreciate female beauty in most of its forms, so as long as my partner isn't hideously ugly then there would be no problem. I guess what's most important is her personality... we must share some common ground. At this point in time I have no desire to have children, so I really couldn't care if she isn't fully 'progressive' or has some cogenital disorders lurking in her family tree. Relationships based solely on physical attraction never seem to last.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 03:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boche View Post
    Well there is also a difference between Natural and Racial Beauty and then Fake Beauty, Surgeries etc. etc.

Gruß,
    Boche

For sure... but there's also a grey area. I mean, women have been beautifying themselves for so long that it is part of their gender. So a woman that did not take care of herself that much would still have great potential for beauty, and to a man that is just as if not more attractive than actual beauty.

I didn't consider surgery. I suppose that will become natural too, f.e. there will be no biological incentive to weed out females with huge noses (otherwise healthy/intelligent), because that can be rectified in their teenage years, before they find a male partner.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 27th, 2009 @ 05:53 PM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    Scottish, Alsatian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Superficiality in a love relationship? I don't see how you could really love someone based solely on their looks. Looks can help attract you to someone, but so can other things like a good conversation with them.

I could love someone who wasn't "attractive" physically, because if you actually loved someone you would, ideally, get over that or sometimes it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Ideally, being the key word.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 13th, 2010 @ 01:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Extraterrestrial
    Ancestry
    Germany/Saxons
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Lower Saxony Lower Saxony
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

AW: Re: What's wrong with being superficial?

Quote Originally Posted by Nausée View Post
    Superficiality in a love relationship? I don't see how you could really love someone based solely on their looks. Looks can help attract you to someone, but so can other things like a good conversation with them.

I could love someone who wasn't "attractive" physically, because if you actually loved someone you would, ideally, get over that or sometimes it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Ideally, being the key word.
    I guess he did not mean solely on looks but that the look is an important factor aswell but I think that it's not really superficiality. I agree that attractivity for mating is something that can be obtained by several things for most humans. Character, material wealth, look and even the smell are all factors eventually determining it but the preferences are different from person to person and one factor that plays just a marginal role for one individual might be the key factor for another one. Sexual attraction by the look of somebody often marks the beginning of the romance for a guy and then he learns to love the character behind the pure sex object she has been before for him.

Your human mating behaviour isn't that complex as many of you may think and eventually the ideal situation and the reality are two different things. Many people tend to say and think one thing but eventually acts totally different by its instincts and emotions overcoming his or her rationality.
    Ceterum censeo Iudaeam esse delendam.

Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

We all formulate a general image of who we find attractive very early in life, which differ from person to person obviously but almost always include symmetry, freedom from obvious genetic defects and a decent level of health.

I don't think "lookism" is something we can simply opt out of due to notions of tolerance or social pressure, because it is hardwired into our brains. It is a basic primitive animal thing and an example of eugenics in everyday life. The strongest, genetically fittest, most attractive are most desirable and the weakest, genetically unfit and unattractive are undesirable (most of us fit in the middle somewhere) as a natural way to keep the genepool as healthy as possible.

I could never get over it if someone were very unappealing to look at, no matter how much I liked them as a person. What should I do in the bedroom when it's naughty time, turn off all lights, close my eyes and pray for it to be over quickly? I would be happy to be friends with someone like that, but wouldn't be willing to share my physical sexual self with them. If some people consider that discriminatory, I'm fine with that. I'm a lookist bigot.

Last Online
    Monday, February 23rd, 2009 @ 11:06 PM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    England England
    Single, looking
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Looks do matter to me to a certain extent.I think its all relevant.I wouldnt for instance be with someone who was good looking but didnt wash!Nor would I go for the girl who was beautiful but who had a bad attitude or had totally conflicting ideas about life.Its all about balance for me.Theres nothing wrong with being superficial in my eyes if it dosent become the be all and end all.I work with a guy whos wife wont leave the house if its raining in case her hair becomes "frizzy". Furthermore she wont wear a hood in case it "messes" it up and she wouldnt be seen dead with an umbrella in her hand.This obviously is going a little to far in my opinion.Id like to meet good Germanic(preferably heathen) woman who i find attractive and let the friendship blossom from there.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast