Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

  1. #1
    Senior Member Vetinari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, June 15th, 2012 @ 04:40 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Lovecraftian
    Posts
    244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Thumbs Up US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...173079,00.html

    America's Asian and Hispanic populations will triple over the next 50 years, and whites will lose their majority as the baby boom generation ages and dies, the US census bureau said yesterday.

    Projections suggest that America's population will continue to grow during the next half century, albeit at a reduced rate after 2030 as the baby boom generation fades away.

    That stands in contrast to Europe, which is expected to go into a decline from 2020. Britain's population will begin to decline in 2037.

    By the mid-century mark, America's population will touch 420 million, compared with 282 million in 2000.

    The country beginning to emerge will be a profoundly different America, more diverse in population and more international in outlook, the projections suggest. Whites, excluding Latinos, will see their influence and numbers diminish from a 70% share of the population today to a bare majority in 2050.

    The beginnings of that change are under way. Within the next decade, minorities will account for one third of the population because of immigration.

    William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution in Washington, calls it the "racial generation gap", as the predominantly white baby boom generation makes way for a younger, more diverse population.

    "It's the future versus the past," he said yesterday. "These old white baby boomers are being phased out and are fading away after 2030."

    The baby boomers will have plenty of company as they enter their twilight years. By 2050, America will have 87 million senior citizens, double today's population of 35 million people over the age of 65. There will also be a large population of octogenarians and the number of people aged 85 and older will reach 21 million.

    The baby boomers' concerns, which have dominated the social agenda, are going to be different from those of the younger population. The childless couples of the ageing baby boom generation are going to be more concerned with security and pensions than schools or language training, which are likely to be more important to immigrants.

    The east and west coasts and larger cities of the US are emerging as the main population centres for Hispanics and other immigrant groups. The midwest will remain predominantly white and predominantly elderly.

    Mr Frey predicts tension over competing interests with occasional calls for restricting immigration. But he argued that the tensions were outweighed by the benefits of immigration.

    Immigration from Asia and from Central America will help keep the country young and vital. "It means we are going to have an energetic work force, more tolerance to people of different backgrounds," he said.

    Latinos - both white and non-white - are expected to number 103 million people by 2050, and will account for nearly a quarter of America's population, up from about 13% today. Over the same years, the Asian population will triple to 33 million.

    The African-American share of the population will remain relatively stable, increasing slightly to 15% from 13%.

    However, Jeffrey Passell, a demographer at the Urban Institute, takes issue with the designations employed by the census bureau. He argues that by 2050, the terms used to describe ethnicity and race - African-American, White, Asian and Hispanic - may no longer be relevant.

    More tolerance has led to an increase in intermarriage in America. The second and third generation of Hispanic immigrants are far more likely to marry outside their community than before. Asians are also following this trend.

    "The size of the Latino population 50 years from now depends on how children of mixed couples identify themselves, and they may or may not identify as Hispanic," Mr Passell said.

    "I suspect we are going to see a blending of what we now call Hispanic with what we now call white non-Hispanic, as well as a blurring of the lines between Asians, whites, and Latinos."

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 7th, 2004 @ 10:34 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Location
    Picture City
    Gender
    Occupation
    Finance & Accounting
    Politics
    misanthropic redneck
    Posts
    185
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Thumbs Up Re: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetinari
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...173079,00.html

    America's Asian and Hispanic populations will triple over the next 50 years, and whites will lose their majority as the baby boom generation ages and dies, the US census bureau said yesterday.

    Projections suggest that America's population will continue to grow during the next half century, albeit at a reduced rate after 2030 as the baby boom generation fades away.

    That stands in contrast to Europe, which is expected to go into a decline from 2020. Britain's population will begin to decline in 2037.

    By the mid-century mark, America's population will touch 420 million, compared with 282 million in 2000.

    The country beginning to emerge will be a profoundly different America, more diverse in population and more international in outlook, the projections suggest. Whites, excluding Latinos, will see their influence and numbers diminish from a 70% share of the population today to a bare majority in 2050.

    The beginnings of that change are under way. Within the next decade, minorities will account for one third of the population because of immigration.

    William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution in Washington, calls it the "racial generation gap", as the predominantly white baby boom generation makes way for a younger, more diverse population.

    "It's the future versus the past," he said yesterday. "These old white baby boomers are being phased out and are fading away after 2030."

    The baby boomers will have plenty of company as they enter their twilight years. By 2050, America will have 87 million senior citizens, double today's population of 35 million people over the age of 65. There will also be a large population of octogenarians and the number of people aged 85 and older will reach 21 million.

    The baby boomers' concerns, which have dominated the social agenda, are going to be different from those of the younger population. The childless couples of the ageing baby boom generation are going to be more concerned with security and pensions than schools or language training, which are likely to be more important to immigrants.

    The east and west coasts and larger cities of the US are emerging as the main population centres for Hispanics and other immigrant groups. The midwest will remain predominantly white and predominantly elderly.

    Mr Frey predicts tension over competing interests with occasional calls for restricting immigration. But he argued that the tensions were outweighed by the benefits of immigration.

    Immigration from Asia and from Central America will help keep the country young and vital. "It means we are going to have an energetic work force, more tolerance to people of different backgrounds," he said.

    Latinos - both white and non-white - are expected to number 103 million people by 2050, and will account for nearly a quarter of America's population, up from about 13% today. Over the same years, the Asian population will triple to 33 million.

    The African-American share of the population will remain relatively stable, increasing slightly to 15% from 13%.

    However, Jeffrey Passell, a demographer at the Urban Institute, takes issue with the designations employed by the census bureau. He argues that by 2050, the terms used to describe ethnicity and race - African-American, White, Asian and Hispanic - may no longer be relevant.

    More tolerance has led to an increase in intermarriage in America. The second and third generation of Hispanic immigrants are far more likely to marry outside their community than before. Asians are also following this trend.

    "The size of the Latino population 50 years from now depends on how children of mixed couples identify themselves, and they may or may not identify as Hispanic," Mr Passell said.

    "I suspect we are going to see a blending of what we now call Hispanic with what we now call white non-Hispanic, as well as a blurring of the lines between Asians, whites, and Latinos."

    The Hispanic tide could change 1) if they ever build a wall onthe southern borders and ENFORCE IT(!), 2) stop big business/big growers from 'importing' these people (who, by the way, send their money HOME -- see not America!!), and giving the exuse that Americans will not do their work -- sure, if you want to pay 25 cents/hour with no bene's!!!!!!, 3) you 'discourage' big business in this practice through REAL ENFORCED PENALTIES, and/or tax breaks for hiring American workers (they always respond from their pocketbooks!!)
    Same withthe asians -- don't let 'em in & don't give those here amnesty, etc., or America will soon have the 'problem' that Canada-Quebec has (except much worse!!) withthe 2 language thing !!
    O.A.
    Norman-Cimmerian

  3. #3
    Senior Member Esther_Helena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 @ 06:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    England, France, Germany, Ireland, Scottish, Switzerland, Wales
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    Quote Originally Posted by old aryan
    The Hispanic tide could change 1) if they ever build a wall onthe southern borders and ENFORCE IT(!), 2) stop big business/big growers from 'importing' these people (who, by the way, send their money HOME -- see not America!!), and giving the exuse that Americans will not do their work -- sure, if you want to pay 25 cents/hour with no bene's!!!!!!, 3) you 'discourage' big business in this practice through REAL ENFORCED PENALTIES, and/or tax breaks for hiring American workers (they always respond from their pocketbooks!!)
    Same withthe asians -- don't let 'em in & don't give those here amnesty, etc., or America will soon have the 'problem' that Canada-Quebec has (except much worse!!) withthe 2 language thing !!
    I agree. It's a problem here in NC too. Keep America in America! I don't have a problem with the hispanics coming here to live. It's when they come here in order to make a better life for themselves...over THERE. Americans need jobs too. The corporations should come to us FIRST. In my area, the "racist tendencies" are more towards the hispanics for that reason. They come here to have a better life (good), but then do you see them in high posisions? No. You see them living ENTIRE families in one trailer, piling twice as many people as they should be able to in a junker klunker car.
    mtDNA - H_7_a (ftDNA) H_7_a_1 (23andme)
    AbDNA - 100% Eur. 23andme: 99.99% Eur., .01% Af.
    23andme: 99.73% European, .27% African
    23andme V3 update awaiting use, got a kit for mom too.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 7th, 2004 @ 10:34 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Location
    Picture City
    Gender
    Occupation
    Finance & Accounting
    Politics
    misanthropic redneck
    Posts
    185
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Thumbs Up Re: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    Quote Originally Posted by Elistariel
    I agree. It's a problem here in NC too. Keep America in America! I don't have a problem with the hispanics coming here to live. It's when they come here in order to make a better life for themselves...over THERE. Americans need jobs too. The corporations should come to us FIRST. In my area, the "racist tendencies" are more towards the hispanics for that reason. They come here to have a better life (good), but then do you see them in high posisions? No. You see them living ENTIRE families in one trailer, piling twice as many people as they should be able to in a junker klunker car.
    RIGHT ON........ ......out West here, they get an apartment, 2 bedroom, and have 25 family members, all in 'foodservice', send their $$$$ south, want Hispanic textbooks for their kids in AMERICAN schools(!!!!!??????).
    AMERICANS FIRST.....................FOR AMERICANS...............

    Hey,......... curious, tell me about John Edwards, K??

    Tryin' 'ta find an American politician who recognizes what we are sying here..............Americans first//////forget Iraq, forget Afghanistan, forget sending jobs overseas, forget tax cuts for the wealthy that they don't reinvest here for Americans & American jobs...................
    We gotta get someone, some effective leader in office who is for US!!
    O.A.
    Norman-Cimmerian

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 7th, 2004 @ 10:34 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Location
    Picture City
    Gender
    Occupation
    Finance & Accounting
    Politics
    misanthropic redneck
    Posts
    185
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    Quote Originally Posted by Elistariel
    I agree. It's a problem here in NC too. Keep America in America! I don't have a problem with the hispanics coming here to live. It's when they come here in order to make a better life for themselves...over THERE. Americans need jobs too. The corporations should come to us FIRST. In my area, the "racist tendencies" are more towards the hispanics for that reason. They come here to have a better life (good), but then do you see them in high posisions? No. You see them living ENTIRE families in one trailer, piling twice as many people as they should be able to in a junker klunker car.
    AND, I don't think that the Baby Boomers are going to let this happen, standing by silent.....................so let's not bet on these projections, friends
    O.A.
    Norman-Cimmerian

  6. #6
    Senior Member Scoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 09:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    Inside the Box
    Gender
    Politics
    Posthuman
    Posts
    836
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Post Re: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    Most of these wetbacks that get over here are incredibly stupid and ignorant. They are straight from pigfarms and shantytowns of Central and South America. They barely speak Spanish, and expecting them to understand things like "civic duty" or the benefits of education in English is unrealistic. They understand "make money."

    We need to close our American system again, so that it can be good for Americans. That is, USA. People of Hispanic heritage that are already here are ok only if they assimilate to our social and legal system. They have ruined south Florida so far with their corrupt Mediterranean style of government and patronage (run by Cubans of mostly pure Iberian descent, incidentally). They need to play by our game rules, and if they don't, we need to tell them Game Over - send them back home, dead or alive.
    "Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil." - F. Nietzsche

  7. #7
    Senior Member Esther_Helena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 @ 06:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    England, France, Germany, Ireland, Scottish, Switzerland, Wales
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    I don't know much about John Edwards, I'm not into politics. I did agree with his ad campaign though. It concentrated on keeping jobs HERE, not how bad the other runner was. I have nothing against Mexico itself, it's just when people try to take advantage of my country that I get
    mtDNA - H_7_a (ftDNA) H_7_a_1 (23andme)
    AbDNA - 100% Eur. 23andme: 99.99% Eur., .01% Af.
    23andme: 99.73% European, .27% African
    23andme V3 update awaiting use, got a kit for mom too.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Friday, March 26th, 2004 @ 02:26 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Location
    land of oranges and surf.
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Politics
    feminist.
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    well, shit. i don't think any of the "wetbacks" or "gooks" will have a problem never getting up the social ladder. this sort of mentality is exactly the kind of thing that keeps minorities down- and it's not only found (racism, that is) in the kind of archaic rednecks and bored human wastes of space found on white power messageboards.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Esther_Helena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 @ 06:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ancestry
    England, France, Germany, Ireland, Scottish, Switzerland, Wales
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Gender
    Age
    35
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Post Re: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    Quote Originally Posted by XlynnX
    well, shit. i don't think any of the "wetbacks" or "gooks" will have a problem never getting up the social ladder. this sort of mentality is exactly the kind of thing that keeps minorities down- and it's not only found (racism, that is) in the kind of archaic rednecks and bored human wastes of space found on white power messageboards.
    I, personally, never said they would NEVER be able to make it into high positions of the corporate world, only that at present they have not. You do not live in North Carolina, so do not make judgement calls on southerns. We're not all backwater rednecks. You are the one that joined Skadi, you knew this was a European preservation forum. I frankly don't understand what you are doing here. You are entitled to your beliefs, but you have done nothing even slightly supportive of European culture. You should be on a multi-cultural forum. I find your presence here to be unwarranted.
    mtDNA - H_7_a (ftDNA) H_7_a_1 (23andme)
    AbDNA - 100% Eur. 23andme: 99.99% Eur., .01% Af.
    23andme: 99.73% European, .27% African
    23andme V3 update awaiting use, got a kit for mom too.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Last Online
    Friday, March 26th, 2004 @ 02:26 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Location
    land of oranges and surf.
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Politics
    feminist.
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Post Re: US Asians and Hispanics to triple in number as baby boomers fade away

    unwarranted because i question it?


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Greek Triple-jumper Expelled from London for Racist Tweet
    By Angus in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Thursday, August 9th, 2012, 12:40 AM
  2. The £8 Trillion Cost of the Baby Boomers
    By SaxonPagan in forum Economics, Business, & Finance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Wednesday, March 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •