Thread: The Racial Makeup of Northern Italy

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 @ 11:53 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Arrow The Racial Makeup of Northern Italy

I don't see how "Northern ‘Italy’" is less [Celto-]Germanic than, say, (parts of) Flanders. People will acknowledge someone with Huzar's appearance as Germanic if he had Flemish ancestry and lived in Flanders. The emphasis lies with location I tend to notice often; geopolitics, I hope not?

Feature-wise Huzar is partially dinaric/sub-nordid, sure, but you can definately see the nordish influences. "Northern ‘Italy’" is, traditionally at least, not "mediterranean"; neither sub-racially or geographically. (Not that mediterranean is something thoroughly ‘inferior,’ or whatever, just saying...)

Note: I didn't start this thread, my post was originally a reply in the picture thread.

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 @ 07:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Saxon
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Alberta Alberta
    conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Re: AW: Re: Pictures of ourselves : Please post pictures of yourself i

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminatus View Post
    not very much germanic preservation
    She is a Central european type according to her profile and so is he.
    Don't let Europe Rule Britannia!

"If we reunited, then we would be an economic and military powerhouse without peer for centuries to come."-Leofric

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 @ 08:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian/Ruthenian
    Subrace
    Pontid/North Pontid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Politics
    Eurocentric Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Exclamation Re: AW: Re: Pictures of ourselves : Please post pictures of yourself i

Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    You don't distinguish between German and Italian?
    He meant Southern German vs. Northern Italian! i.e. (Bavarian vs. Padanian!)

Not a Sicilian dago vs. a German from Schleswig-Holstein for example!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to János Hunyadi For This Useful Post:

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    And I suppose if there is not much difference, ethnically, culturally or racially, between Bavarians and Padanians, then interbreeding matters not anyway.
    At least culturally and ethnically there is much of a difference. Quite much actually. Racially too, but on an individual level it doesn't matter that much, since there are Nordic,Alpine, etc North-Italians and there are even Mediterane Bavarians , the averages are different though. At least out of my experience.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    At least culturally and ethnically there is much of a difference.
    Honestly, yes.

N.Italy, afterall is part of "romanic" world, and reseamble more some parts of France (especially north-west italy).

Racially too, but on an individual level it doesn't matter that much, since there are Nordic,Alpine, etc North-Italians and there are even Mediterane Bavarians , the averages are different though. At least out of my experience.
    Well, i'd say that racial difference isn't much marked. Averages could be different, but not by much.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 4th, 2016 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Son of Mars
    Ancestry
    South Tirol mainly, Italy, Northern Spain and France
    Subrace
    Subnordid + Atlantoid admix
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Peronista ortodoxo
    Religion
    Agnóstico
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: Northern Italy

I have North Italian ancestry mainly, check out my classification thread:
    http://forums.skadi.net/classify_guy...ghlight=mirror

That zone includes the Southern Tirol, which was the field of many battles between Italians and Austrians in order to gain it, so some times it was Italian and some others it was Austrian. For the same reason, you'll find a mix of Italian and German surnames at both sides of the frontier, and a non-official bilinguism. There are even redheads there, with Italian surnames.
    The different racial profile between Southern and Northern Italy is also the cause of a rivalry between those two regions.
    That doesn't mean that you'll find only nordids in the North and only meds in the south. Many of the controversia lies on an accurate definition of mediterranean, because I've noticed that a lot of people imagine real meds as arab looking people, and that's not true.

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 @ 11:53 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There are also plenty of names of older Ostrogothic, Longobardian and Burgundian extraction; think of all the -ald[i]/-old[i], names (the extra letters, like -i, was due the latinization).

Minaldi (Meinhold), Grimaldi (Grimoald), Garibaldi (Garibąld <= Gar[i]bald/Ger[i]bald/Ger[i]bold), etc.; in fact, I made a lot of pictures of cemetaries, houses, and a lot of names are latinized Ostrogothic, Longobardian and Burgundian.

Many names have historical relevance often. Garbaldi, for example, garibąld (in other Germanic tongues also: Ger[i]bâld) was an old - and very common - Germanic weapon; the bold spear.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mazorquero View Post
    That zone includes the Southern Tirol, which was the field of many battles between Italians and Austrians in order to gain it, so some times it was Italian and some others it was Austrian. For the same reason, you'll find a mix of Italian and German surnames at both sides of the frontier, and a non-official bilinguism. There are even redheads there, with Italian surnames.
    Actually South Tyrol isn't really that sort of land that "changed" around between Germany, or Austria, and Italy so much. Since the Occidental ethno-nations shaped themselves out, that area belonged to the German and then to the Austrian Empire for the whole time of its history, and it came to Italy not before after World War I where it stayed until now (apart from a short phase in late World War II where Hitler "convinced" Mussolini to transfer it to Germany). Also the German-Italian language border corresponds relatively sharply with South Tyrol's southern border. The Italian-German bilinguism is a very official one, now. However, the ethnic Italians in South Tyrol are not a traditional, an autochthonous group; the Italians there, mostly concentrated in the big cities, especially in Bozen, were brought to there from Southern Italy since the 1920s as part of the Italianisation and de-Germanisation campaign the Italian government caried through. Autochthonous alien-ethnic exclaves you'll rather find German ones further South than any Italian ones north of the basic language border. Besides the Germans, there are in one part of South Tyrol only the speakers of Ladin, a Romance language lingually related with the Reto-Romanic speakers in the Swiss Alpes; culturally and "nationally", the Ladins are traditionally troublefree interweaved with the Germans in South Tyrol.

Man ſei Held oder Heiliger. In der Mitte liegt nicht die Weisheit, ſondern die Alltäglichkeit.

SPENGLER

Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast