I don't really have one.
    Religion
    Metalhead.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Being Blonde

So, for those that are, obviously, what do you think about your hair? How have your views on it changed over the years? What do you think about others that are and others that try to fake it?

Share stories, feelings, opinions... This forum has been too quite lately, so please reply.

I'll post my own thoughts and feelings after someone starts us off and i get back home from school.

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 02:48 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    liberal / conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Being Blonde . . .

been blonde all my life and can't see myself as any other color. It is who I am

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 26th, 2005 @ 03:22 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm always pleased to see another blond person, since there aren't that many of us (at least where I live). We're the 'visible minority' no one talks about (except to make stupid jokes).

I do find bleached blondes to be obnoxious. Why anyone would try to change their hair colour isn't clear to me.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    liberal / conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

some people feel that they were born the wrong color and try to remedy it. The hard part is seeing someone who never feels like they are blonde enough and just look terrible instead. I wear my own natural medium blonde hair long (midback). I haven't seen anyone else my age to do so in my area
    Last edited by chamogirl; Wednesday, April 28th, 2004 at 11:28 PM. Reason: question - how do I know what my sub race is? I am new to this

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chamogirl
    some people feel that they were born the wrong color and try to remedy it. The hard part is seeing someone who never feels like they are blonde enough and just look terrible instead. I wear my own natural medium blonde hair long (midback). I haven't seen anyone else my age to do so in my area
    Last edited by chamogirl : 5 Hours Ago at 15:28. Reason: question - how do I know what my sub race is? I am new to this
    If we seen some pictures of you, we could guess. The only way to know for sure is to measure your skull.

IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    liberal / conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how about if I measure my skull and post the results would that be helpful? don't have a digital camera

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 06:15 PM
    Subrace
    'falied'
    Country
    United States United States
    havn't found a soul mate
    Occupation
    student of life
    Politics
    indie
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I was younger my hair was very strawberry blonde. People often refered to me as a blonde, instead of as a Redhead, as they do now. It wasn't easy considering I grew up in a melting pot(American south). Frequently the darker skinned kids: poked at my skin, called me ugly, laughed at bed sheet white tranlucent freckled skin... etc. Even one time a teacher remarked on that all blondes are dumb, at the time there was only one other person and myself in the class with fair hair. In way it was pretty hard for me growing up. However, it also had advantages. I was asked out frequently due to my hair color... even though I was soo shy! The darker skin haired girls and Jew girls counld't fathom why their bfs(white ones!) or classmates paid attention to me ... "Oh, why do they like her she's ugly?!". For a while it did make me feel inferior, because of the negative attention. Plus it does get annoying to have to darken my eyebrows and lashes. I just felt as though I was a plain looking kid with light hair. Now that I'm older I do feel more attractive and get the bonus of added attention. Everything has it's positives and negatives eh?

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 28th, 2011 @ 12:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Vastergotland Vastergotland
    Green
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have to admit that all those stupid bleached blondes have ruined the reputation of all natural blondes. To me, it seems that the girls who bleach their hair are the really stupid cheap sluts who have earned that reputation. The sad thing is that many (men?) people can´t see the difference between newly bleached blonde hair and the real thing.

Consequently, I usually dye my hair darker so that people take me seriously, and sadly, it works.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    liberal / conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also remember being taunted because of my pale skin. Sometimes even now people will comment on my complexion but it no longer bothers me.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 10th, 2007 @ 09:25 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Occupation
    Student.
    Politics
    I don't really have one.
    Religion
    Metalhead.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I was younger, I used to have the nickname "Albino" among other things.

Even though I live kind of up north where we get a lot of snow and we have a mainly white village, people still made fun of me for being that little bit more whiter than they are. It became worse especially in current years, because people are trying to go with fashion and go waste money on Fake 'n' Bakes to get an insanely unnatural crispy tan in the dead of winter. I clearly recall two years ago, in Psychology Class, one of my friends sitting in front of me saying, "Man, I'm getting really white... I'm going to have to go tanning soon," and something to the effect of, "Ewwww, look how insanely white i am."
    The second statement did get a verbal reaction out of me, but it wasn't really a surprise to her sense she already knew my stand on fake cosmetic things and current stupid fashion trends. Why does everyone need a insanely dark tan, and bleached/highlighted hair? I don't think I have to mention some of the other crazy things some people do.

When I was younger, i used to not think so much about being blonde. I thought that the world was equally blonde and brunette, with a minority of redheads. Later on i kind of realized that you rarely see any noticablely blonde guys, so i kind of felt a bit special (still do.) But the more I look the more I realized, and the more I disliked... Pretty much all the blondes you see are fake. I remember coming across some sort of source that said blondes were only about 12% of the world, and now coming here someone promptly proved that source wrong by pretty much craming the ram numbers right in my face. At the start of some phase, I made kind of a vow not to be attracted to anything/one fake, so for a period I pretty much forced myself to be attracted to blondes (yeah, i was a crazy kid)... until one day i actually sat down and thought about it and realized (errr... accepted?) that the majority of women i was attracted to were natural blondes, and they were much different from the stereotypical blonde whore.

...I pretty much forgot where I was going with that, but I'm satisfied letting it be kind of a rant.

Anywho, kind of an odd thing but I suppose that's just me, when I started growing my hair out, my hair got blonder. Sure, I looked kind of goofy for a little period that it was just starting to grow out... but as soon as it got to my shoulders it actually looked decent, and I'm actually loving it (now the back just ends where my shoulder-blades do.) For my senior year at high school, my hair was my identidy pretty much, along with being the only true metalhead... And oddly enough, not kidding, all the girls used to compliment me on my hair, telling me how soft it was and what shampoo/conditioner i used... but i didn't mind the attention.
    (My answer to the question was: "Nothing special... Plus I don't fry it out all to Hel by bleached or highlighting it." but no matter how many times I said it, no one seemed to take heed.)

By the way... I'm tired, so this post may be a bit more distraught and crazy than usual.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast