+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Regional "Conflicts" Within Your Nation?

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

AW: Re: The regional "conflicts" within your nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordgau View Post
    The Bavarians play the role as southern stem group habing the mostly silhouetted character with stem-own folklore traditions; the people living about north of the river Main simply run under the label "Prussians" for many Bavarians. The stemly self-awareness of the Bavarians within the Germans and the Bavarian's jestingly inscenated antagonism to the "Prussian" constitutes the most important national running joke with respect to "regionalism". It's a classic in which the earthy and popular Bavarian dialect plays a great role..
    This is all very true. I was going to post something in that direction, but you "took" my words!

Bavarians have this "Mia san mia" (We are we)-feeling. On the other hand, these Prussians talk about Bavarians sometimes in a not so nice way. "Bavarians? Farmer-country! Lunatic mountain-climbers" and so on. *g* The current prime minister of Bavaria, Edmund Stoiber, is doing a good job to fit into these stereotypes, anyway.

There is even a functional party in Bavaria who wants that Bavaria secedes from Germany. http://www.bayernpartei.de/

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Senior Administrator
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Married
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Re: The regional "conflicts" within your nation?

In Germany, a symbolic division is made by a sausage.

The "Weißwurstäquator" is an imaginary line that's drawn based on the eating of Weißwurst.

Austrians call the Northern Germans "Piefke". (Johann Gottfried Piefke was a composer who also took part in the Austro-Prussian war.) Bavarians use "Saupreiß" for the Prussians, etc.

Doesn't this North-South divide exist in almost every nation? As far as I've heard, it also exists in Italy, it exists in France, etc.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Re: AW: Re: The regional "conflicts" within your nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    The current prime minister of Bavaria, Edmund Stoiber, is doing a good job to fit into these stereotypes, anyway.
    He is, however, said to be too dry to fulfill the stereotypical images. Allegedly he sometimes only has chamomile tea in his stein when drinking "beer" at official occasions. But I don't knowif that is not just something hournalists invented ...

There is even a functional party in Bavaria who wants that Bavaria secedes from Germany. http://www.bayernpartei.de/
    Politically they are rather of sectarian importance, with election results in the range of around 0.5 percent. Being from there myself, I actually have never meat in my whole life one single person who seriously would hold that goal of a secession of Bavaria.
    Man ſei Held oder Heiliger. In der Mitte liegt nicht die Weisheit, ſondern die Alltäglichkeit.

SPENGLER

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

AW: Re: AW: Re: The regional "conflicts" within your nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordgau View Post
    He is, however, said to be too dry to fulfill the stereotypical images. Allegedly he sometimes only has chamomile tea in his stein when drinking "beer" at official occasions. But I don't knowif that is not just something hournalists invented ...
    Yes, he is called "Aktenfresser" sometimes, isn´t he? Well, the upcoming prime minister Beckstein will be a Franconian...maybe a slight problem for the real bavarians!?
    Politically they are rather of sectarian importance, with election results in the range of around 0.5 percent. Being from there myself, I actually have never meat in my whole life one single person who seriously would hold that goal of a secession of Bavaria.
    I know, I´m of Bavarian heritage by myself, but there was a time when the Bayernpartei was even a part of the govermental coalition...back in the 50ies or 60ies as far as I know. But after the "Spielbankenaffäre", the Bayernpartei lost rapidly it´s former importance.

I think Bavaria is a very important part of Germany. They are quite unique in culture and language, but this is a good thing, it´s supportive for the own identity.
    (Eigentlich bin I ja a a boarisch´ Madl. Und unsan walderischen Dialekt ko I a. Weils woar is...*g*)

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Sunday, February 25th, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
    Subrace
    nordiſch-weſtiſch
    Single
    Politics
    Volk und Raſſe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitas View Post
    Doesn't this North-South divide exist in almost every nation? As far as I've heard, it also exists in Italy, it exists in France, etc.
    I guess it's an even stronger pronounced contrast: with the tradition of Occitanian culture in Southern France and the polarity stretching from Mediterranean-type shoreland on the one hand and Northern-Normannic-coined land on the other hand; and in Italy with the important political regionalist-secessionist "Padanian" movement in the North ...

Chile probably has also got a more emphasised polarity between North and South than between East and West.

Man ſei Held oder Heiliger. In der Mitte liegt nicht die Weisheit, ſondern die Alltäglichkeit.

SPENGLER

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 07:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Within the French-Canadian nation, there is of course the eternal and never-ending debate about secession. For over 50 years, many movements and then, at the end of the 60s, a political party, were grounded on the need to separate. We needed to become a sovereign state because of our different culture, language, our homogeneity and immense and rich territory. But, ironically, the Parti Québécois (Québeker party), had a major bill adopted which protects with great efficience French language (forcing companies, for example, to display their publicity and brandind in French first, and forbidding English schools for most of young French-Canadian (which is a shame IMO)). We had two referendums about separation: one in 1980, which separatists lost clearly, and one 1995 which separatists lost by less than 0,5% (Federal government bypassed his own laws many times to be omniscient in the campaign and influence the vote). As we speak, the separatist movement really isn't as strong. The Parti Québécois speaks about a third referendum, but surveys shows that no more than 45% people would be in favor of separation.

Aside from this complex and obsessive debate (you have to live here to understand how important is this question for French-Canadians), there is a traditionnal rivalty between Montréal (2M+ of inhabitants, almost half of the province lives near by, major city of N-A, multicultural hellhole) and Québec ("provincial city", capital of the Province of Québec, soft and peaceful). It may be only a conflict between two different cities (I've been born in Montréal and raised in Québec, and it is extremely different), but it is pretty much anecdotic.
    "The heavenly motions... are nothing but a continuous song for several voices, perceived not by the ear but by the intellect,
    a figured music which sets landmarks
    in the immeasurable flow of time."

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

AW: Re: The regional "conflicts" within your nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff View Post
    I ate some British white sausage called "Bangers" and I will never go near white sausage again. I have seen Weisswurst in a German deli. Does it taste like bangers?
    Definately not. British can´t make Weisswurst. As far as I know, "Bangers" are totally different.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Lappid
    Country
    Southwest Africa Southwest Africa
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    Grandparent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sv: The regional "conflicts" within your nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid View Post
    If Skåningar are "danskjävlar", are Norlänningar "finnjävlar" then? I'm asking just out of curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Skull View Post
    Being a Stockholmare I can tell you that Norrlänningar are sometimes considered "finnjävlar".
    Living near Gothenburg, I can say we mostely hate Stockholmare, noone else traditionally, they are considered feminine pussies while Gothenburg is a city of workers I guess this is natural, since Stockholm is the biggest city in Sweden and Gothenburg the next..

I don't think anyone would call Norrlänningar Finns though, but we might consider the upper 2/3s of Sweden Norrland..

Especially now with all the immigrants in Scania, I'm more and more hearing we should give Scania back to Denmark so Dansk Folkeparti can take care of it..

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Northern Italy (some say "Padania") against central-southern italy (the "real" Italy).

The diversity here is even major than in Germany (Prussia and Bavaria).

The northern zone of the nation is part of the continental-Alpine world within the confinant regions (France, south Germany, Switzerland, Slovenia), while central southern Italy, is a pure mediterranean zone without clear borders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast