View Poll Results: Do you eat meat?

Voters
270. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I eat meat, but I´m not a "carnivore" (meat-lover)

76 28.15%
  • Yes, I love meat. It´s a big part of my bill of fare

140 51.85%
  • No, I don´t eat/like meat, but I eat/drink milk-products (Vegetarism)

21 7.78%
  • No, I neither like/eat meat, nor milk products (Veganism)

18 6.67%
  • Other (explain please)

15 5.56%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegetarianism, Veganism or Carnivorism!?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, December 28th, 2008 @ 07:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    British
    Subrace
    sub-nordic
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Politics
    National Anarchist
    Religion
    Hatha Yoga
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I´ve the point of view that everyone should it what he or she wants, but shouldn´t try to influence others. Honestly I´m always getting a little bit angry if Vegetarians or Vegans want to lecture me about my preference for eating meat products. (May it be of ethical reasons or reasons of health). I´ve always eaten meat, I like many rustical meat-meals (they´re a large part of our local culture and cuisine) and I find them delicious, so I don´t want to be influenced by anyone in my eating habits. Vegetarians/Vegans demand respect for their habit from others, so they should show the same respect to others, too. No one is superior or inferior only because he/she eats meat or not.
    Well, we have all seen how beautiful you look, so you look very well on your meat eating diet.

In fact, I am astounded at how well people who do eat meat are, because to me (and perhaps more significantly, for me) it is a dirty habit, as meat is imbued with the qualities of tamas.

Culture is a weapon, and nevermore so than food culture.

If I were to say to you, 'meat is unhealthy', what I would be doing is saying 'my culture is better than yours, my culture predominates here, and you need to adapt or move away'.

I hope that I do not do this, but there is an element of snobbery and also reverse snobbery in the way people talk about food:

See Patrioten's post where he revels in his appreciation for peasant food, including potato which is not even native to Europe. What could this be other than his 'cocking a snook' at the 'foodie' food snobs?

Food is one of our most emotive issues.

The food she eats is a very big concern for me in choosing a partner. If she does not already eat saatvic food or want to switch to saatvic food and join me in that, then she is not one of mine, and I am wasting my time. That is not, however, the full picture.

Despite educating her in culinary matters and her developing 'the higher taste' for saatvic food, the fundamental problem with the last one was her refusal to acknowledge the spiritual importance of eating saatvic food, and she certainly paid for it, I am not too ashamed to say.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 13th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    South & West Germany/Switzerland + Moravia, Sweden, Scotland
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I consider myself a selective vegetarian. Common meats in America are extremely processed and the animals are raised horribly, in the worst conditions (unless they are "free-range", but even those restrictions are sometimes bypassed or even ignored). So, if I eat meat, at the least it must have organic or free-range labels. I support animal rights to a degree but also believe that meat-eating is totally natural and normal. I usually eat meat on holidays like Jól and Midsummer, but rarely during the rest of the year.

Last Online
    Monday, May 18th, 2009 @ 06:36 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German,Swedish,Danish,Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Social Conservative
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi, I am strictly a carnivore

I mainly eat a diet consisting primarily of meat and have noticed that I am much leaner that way. I no longer eat carbs ie: bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, sugar, or junk foods etc...

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 @ 10:48 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German/Dutch/Austrian/Danish
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Meat is an essential part of my diet. I usually prefer to have meat, starch, and a fruit or vegetable on my plate at every meal. For example, at breakfast I will have eggs, ham, toast, and fruit; for supper, I will have pork, mashed potatoes, and green beans. This is almost always the structure of any meal I cook for more than just myself, as I feel it is what's healthy.

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 @ 11:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    State
    California California
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Libertarianish Nationalist
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There are few things I love more than steak and hamburgers, but I try to eat a balanced diet for health reasons.

Last Online
    Friday, April 19th, 2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Occupation
    bartender
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would call myself semi-vegetarian. I don't eat beef, pork, or chicken, but I do eat some fish, eggs, and a little dairy. Vegetarianism is very likely the healthiest and most natural diet for members of our species. Other primates are, for the most part, vegetarian. Another thing, we can get all of the nutrients we need from plants, so there's no need to slaughter other animals for food.
    There are nutritionists who believe too much animal protein in your diet can lead to arthritis, and osteoporosis. Animals bred for food are also treated with hormones which end up in your system once you consume them. This can lead to female cancers, and deformities in male infants; as well as sterility. Meat is bad for you.
    Most people don't know that we share a great number of genes with the animals we keep as livestock. I could be mistaken, but I've heard that pigs are the closest relatives of primates(our family). That makes meat/pork consumption just plain gross.
    The pathogens which people contract, and get sick and die from very often come from animals kept for food. Our genetic similarity to these other species makes it much easier for their viruses to infect us. We could very easily stop many of the world's problems, like starvation, and disease, by going vegetarian. The food and water given to livestock could go to people instead, if people didn't eat meat. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, if you are someone who does eat meat, and you end up dangerously obese, or with other health problems due to your diet, you have nothing to complain about.

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 30th, 2009 @ 05:12 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon/Celtic/German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Washington Washington
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Forn Sidr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Over time, I developed a lectin-allergy, so I'm allergic to wheat, rye, oats, barley (bye-bye beer ), peas, beans, cashews and peanuts. That pretty much cuts out most of the vegetarian options, except nuts and milk (thank the gods I'm not lactose-intolerant).

I basically follow the Paleolithic Diet, which consists of meats, shellfish, and eggs as the primary source of food. Fruits and vegetables are the secondary source of food, with nuts, seeds, berries, and honey for snacks and sweets. I also add milk products. The diet experts are divided on whether it was part of the evolution diet, and I don't want osteoporosis

It's the diet that humans evolved on. The main food groups we eat today were only incorporated into our diet for the last 10,000-15,000 years. I have to eat this way, but it is a very healthy diet for anyone, go get out there and start hunting and gathering.

This is the Paleolithic Food "Pyramid."

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Engaged
    Politics
    Not liberal
    Religion
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think a good balance of vegetables and fruit, dairy, and meat lead to a healthy body. So I would say... Vegetarian/Carnivorism?
    "Gallantly shall he speak and gifts bring who wishes for woman's love: praise the features of the fair girl. Who courts well will conquer."

The three highest causes of the true human are: Truth, Honor, and Duty.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 02:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heloise View Post
    Hi, I am strictly a carnivore

I mainly eat a diet consisting primarily of meat and have noticed that I am much leaner that way. I no longer eat carbs ie: bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, sugar, or junk foods etc...
    I've been low carb for 1 year and 5 months now and I am 30 lbs lighter and healthier because of it.

Atkins(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Runesinger View Post
    Over time, I developed a lectin-allergy, so I'm allergic to wheat, rye, oats, barley (bye-bye beer ), peas, beans, cashews and peanuts. That pretty much cuts out most of the vegetarian options, except nuts and milk (thank the gods I'm not lactose-intolerant).

I basically follow the Paleolithic Diet, which consists of meats, shellfish, and eggs as the primary source of food. Fruits and vegetables are the secondary source of food, with nuts, seeds, berries, and honey for snacks and sweets. I also add milk products. The diet experts are divided on whether it was part of the evolution diet, and I don't want osteoporosis

It's the diet that humans evolved on. The main food groups we eat today were only incorporated into our diet for the last 10,000-15,000 years. I have to eat this way, but it is a very healthy diet for anyone, go get out there and start hunting and gathering.

This is the Paleolithic Food "Pyramid."

This looks like my food pyramid, minus the watermelon

Last Online
    Sunday, May 24th, 2009 @ 02:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Denmark
    Country
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Married
    Occupation
    Homemaker, mother of 5
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    I believe in God
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Definitely a carnivore here. Sometimes, I feel a little guilty about eating the poor animals, as I am a big sappy animal lover, but I can't seem to give it up.

It seems to me that the meat eaters actually look healthier than most vegetarians. Meat eaters have color in their cheeks, whereas most vegetarians often look pale. I always fed my children a meat, a starch, and a vegetable several nights a week and they are all very healthy adults.

Most of the time, if I crave a certain food, it is meat. Some doctors say that the body quite often craves what it needs, so maybe we are truly supposed to be meat eaters. Seems natural to me.

Even if I am rationalizing here, I'm gonna keep doing it. Just don't ask me to meet the cow...

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast