View Poll Results: Do you eat meat?

Voters
276. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I eat meat, but I´m not a "carnivore" (meat-lover)

    78 28.26%
  • Yes, I love meat. It´s a big part of my bill of fare

    143 51.81%
  • No, I don´t eat/like meat, but I eat/drink milk-products (Vegetarism)

    22 7.97%
  • No, I neither like/eat meat, nor milk products (Veganism)

    18 6.52%
  • Other (explain please)

    15 5.43%
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 214

Thread: Vegetarianism, Veganism or Carnivorism!?

  1. #161
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Gender
    Posts
    135
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm a pescatarian, not for ethical reasons but because I dislike the taste of meat. I don't preach vegetarianism [or pescatarianism], because, first, it's not a moral choice on my part, and, two, it would be disingenuous to promote it as such. I have endless respect for people who do like the taste of meat, but give up eating it all the same. I don't understand their position fully, but it shows integrity and I respect that.

    But ultimately I just steer clear of it for the most obvious reason there is. People who sermonize about vegetarianism who admit to hating the taste are frauds and I always call them out. They don't eat meat because they don't like it. The ethical reasons came after the fact to make themselves look better. But most vegetarians I know don't preach. It's mainly just people on YouTube.

  2. #162
    Senior Member Wolf in the West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 10:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo American
    Ancestry
    British isles
    Subrace
    Borreby, with amixture.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Oklahoma Oklahoma
    Gender
    Family
    Youth
    Religion
    Unsure
    Posts
    53
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalheid View Post
    I don't think I've ever been described as skinny.


    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.p...86#post1176986


    You know what the best part is? There's enough food for everyone. This one doesn't find meat tasty, the next one does. Pass it over. We all can be happy with what's on our plates, it doesn't have to be the same thing.
    Wolf in the West, you do not have permission to access this page.

    'Shrugs' like i said, im used to the liberal junky shove it down your face types.

  3. #163
    Senior Member TSPagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 11:29 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish/Norwegian/Swedish
    Ancestry
    Norwegian, Swedish, Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Gender
    Age
    40
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    semi-mystical concepts of nature
    Religion
    primal Nordic darkness
    Posts
    37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Mad

    omnivore!!
    you should see me eat a smoked turkey leg along with a horn of mead
    it it rather brutish
    May my failures be my own, may my victories be for my folk

  4. #164
    Senior Member Bearkinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 07:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian/German
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia/Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Right-wing conspirator
    Posts
    247
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There's no moral superiority in either decision.

    We are biologically omnivores, which is why we can digest meats, and not able to digest a lot of plant types. Germanics have also eaten meat throughout their history, especially through the winter months.

    The problem we run into is when the two sides take an extremist position. Just because I'll not be part of the vegan lifestyle does not mean I eat an entire side of beef a day. But vegans often accuse us omnivores of doing so, because apparently we either can eat only vegetables, or can only eat meat. Stupid extremist position.

    Not all vegans are anemic wimps. Most vegans who are anemic wimps are that by choice. There are a few vegan MMA athletes I'd pay money to see some of these guys call an anemic p***y. Again, stupid extremist position.

    Some of us feel a marked decrease in energy if we do not eat meat. Others don't. I don't care how much preaching one side or the other does, it's not going to change our biological functions.

    So stuff whatever you like down your throat, and don'ty worry about what the guy next to you does.

  5. #165
    Senior Member Adalheid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 11th, 2012 @ 12:36 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    English, German
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Artist/homemaker
    Politics
    Conservative
    Posts
    89
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearkinder View Post
    But vegans often accuse us omnivores of doing so, because apparently we either can eat only vegetables, or can only eat meat.
    Hello! Vegan here. I just wanted to say for the records that not all vegans care about what other people eat. I don't! I just want to not eat meat, and I want to not be accused of being obnoxious, wrong, sickly or otherwise because I don't eat animal products. We like plants, (we meaning me and my family, not some some sort of dual personality) and our nutrient levels are balanced.

    You can eat whatever you'd like, and I'd like to eat what I like.

    Let's just not judge each other. In the end we can only control our individual actions. We're healthy, you're healthy. *High fives*. The best part is that we can all still drink beer.

  6. #166
    Senior Member Bearkinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 07:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian/German
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia/Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Right-wing conspirator
    Posts
    247
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalheid View Post
    Hello! Vegan here. I just wanted to say for the records that not all vegans care about what other people eat.
    That's why I qualified my statement with "often".

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalheid View Post
    You can eat whatever you'd like, and I'd like to eat what I like.

    Let's just not judge each other.
    That was the gist of my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalheid View Post
    The best part is that we can all still drink beer.
    Aye, but I can drink mead!!!

  7. #167
    Senior Member Svanhild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 21st, 2012 @ 06:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Ostpreußen & Hamburg
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    East Prussia East Prussia
    Location
    Über den Hügeln u. weit entfernt
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Occupation
    Sozialpädagogin B.A.
    Politics
    Das Herz am rechten Fleck
    Religion
    Hoffnung
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Meat is the "mea" in meal. Removing meat from the menue is like removing 8/10 of German dishes. I'm one of those people that you can ask for a steak or a salat and who responds with "Bring two steaks with tons of herb butter, pansy!".

  8. #168
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,379
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalheid View Post
    We like plants, (we meaning me and my family, not some some sort of dual personality) and our nutrient levels are balanced.
    What about Vitamin B12? Most Vegans I know become kinda dodgy with this.
    A malnutrition of Vitamin B12 takes effect roughly after 10 years, it then destroys your nervous system.
    Vitamin B12 is only in microbiological products (e.g. milk products, eggs or meat). Sauerkraut is actually one of the few Vegan dishes which contains B12, due to its fermenting process, however, only in very low quantities.
    So what do you say about this? Do you supplement Vitamin B12?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  9. #169
    awesome
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    maxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Location
    667 - neighbor of the beast
    Gender
    Posts
    27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Salad tastes best, if you replaced him before serving with a steak...

    I eat meat. I like meat. But not this organic waste from the supermarket, only directly from the butcher.
    Die klimatischen Bedingungen in der Hölle sind sicherlich unerfreulich, aber die Gesellschaft wäre von Interesse.
    (Oscar Wilde)

  10. #170
    Woisii und Künstler!
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    ThingsHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Gender
    Posts
    224
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, I love meat. It´s a big part of my bill of fare
    So at least 1-2 times a week I must have meat on the table.

    But I attach importance to the quality, I go to a butcher I can trust.

    I do not like to eat pork because I once had a bad experience ​​in Bavaria. I had to chew on the mea for too long and it was too greasy, I prefer dried meat.

Similar Threads

  1. Vegetarianism and the Evolution of Light Skin
    By MarsOsix in forum Anthropogeny & Ethnogenesis
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Tuesday, June 20th, 2017, 12:00 AM
  2. Veganism: who eats this way?
    By Saoirse in forum Health, Fitness & Nutrition
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Thursday, June 2nd, 2005, 07:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •