Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blondism - is it a Finnish or Germanic trait?

Last Online
    Sunday, May 19th, 2019 @ 09:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Re: Blondism - is it a Finnish or Germanic trait?

In the school i go to there is a clear majority of blonde hair among the girls, light brown hair (or is light brown referred to as dark blonde in terms of hair color?) being the most common among boys. Now, it's of course hard to tell how many of these blondes are real and how many that are fake, but since it works both ways (blondes dying their hair dark brown and dark haired girls dying their hair blonde) it probably evens out.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trønder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotpatrik View Post
    In the school i go to there is a clear majority of blonde hair among the girls, light brown hair (or is light brown referred to as dark blonde in terms of hair color?) being the most common among boys. Now, it's of course hard to tell how many of these blondes are real and how many that are fake, but since it works both ways (blondes dying their hair dark brown and dark haired girls dying their hair blonde) it probably evens out.

if you find classphoto’s from swedish schools you should post them, it would be easier for nonscandinavians to get the picture

Last Online
    Monday, August 25th, 2008 @ 09:52 AM
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Religion
    Angry protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sv: Blondism - is it a Finnish or Germanic trait?

The blonde genes i think is predominantly inherited from the finnish tribes Estonians livonians chuds and Votics called watlandia who once inhabited the whole Baltic area and northern Germany and northern Poland those who later conquered those areas mainly Germanic speaking peoples and Slavic speaking peoples bred with them and even killed many of them and forced their language on them ,almost every historian and linguists knows today that Moscow and many other Russian village city names is from the Finnish language.
    And the most blond Russians, lives in areas were Finnish tribes were as strongest mainly in North western Russia and Moscow Tver area and the same goes for the old Prussians who mainly spoke an Baltic-Finnish language and the blondest germans is baltid looking .So I think that the baltids-cro magnid were the blonde gene bearers today ash blondes are mainly found in old finnish speaking areas like Prussia north eastern germany Northwestern Russia .

In fact old place names, maps, and histories support a theory that before the invasion into the north of mainly dark-pigmented tribes, the tribes north of the central areas of France and Germany had an admixture of light-pigmented tribes--likely kin to Finnic Estonians and Livonians. When the more darker Roman troops were moving north into southern Belgium and Holland, prior to invading England, they encountered Old Rippa and the blond Anglis.. Now are the Fenno-Scandinavians--and including the possible Finnic (?) ancestors of the Dutch and northern Belgians Roman historian Tacitus A.D. wrote in A.D. c100 his History of the German Tribes that "the Estonians are the most gentle of all tribes and their tongue is still spoken in Britain"? to back up the claim http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/1/152 the finnish language were surely the first language spoken in Europe and survived in many parts of Europe from Russia to the Britain isles.George Fabricius, a German historian, mentions Suomi temples in Eisfeld (Germany), Lucos (Sirako, Rome) and Cecropia (Athens) in his book, Rome, written in 1550. The Temples, decorated with statues, were built and maintained by women.300 years before kalevala the german historian mentions ilmarinen the finnish air god as having places of worships in italy http://www.uni-mannheim.de/mateo/cam.../jpg/s051.html Finnish people for centuries were known as "The mushroom gathering and eating people of wetland areas". So here must be mentioned that an old English word, suom or suamm meant fungus, mushroom (Henry Sweet, The Oldest English Texts And the term Finns in their own tongue was "Suomalaiset": It likely meant 'The Mushroom eating people of the wetlands or marshlands Now it is important to understand the role of the mushroom as having been the near only source for vitamin D for some Finnics that lived in certain limited specific areas? The reason was this Sadly there were northern areas where there were no ocean fish to eat. Now why must ocean fish be mentioned.? It is because ocean fish have vitamin D. Thus in some particular areas of the north that were devoid of ocean fish--for example areas that were inland above river high falls that kept ocean fish migrating inland--the Finnics gathered mushrooms. And, as stated above, they dried them in the sunlight on rather rare sunny days of the fall. And they ate them--and thus vitamin D--all winter; and remained healthy.
    And incidentally in those areas where there were no ocean fish as a source for vitamin D, there was another item that allowed the sun's rays to make vitamin D: It was the skin: For a very light skin and blond hair allowed the sun's rays to enter into the deeper layers in the skin to convert a molecule residing there into vitamin D. This sun and skin source vitamin D provided vitamin D--along with the eating of the mushroom--sufficient for the human being to survive in areas devoid of ocean fish. Thus in winters in the north in areas where there were no ocean fish, the mushroom and white skin and blond hair aided the Finnics to survive. This is the reason how Finns became the most blond of all people

bye

PS
    I must clear one thing up.. Swedes are after the Finns the most blondest people in Scandinavia!!!! so you non-scandinavians reading Don't get confused. I'm Just Comparing the germanic speaking nations to baltic-finnish speaking populations. percentage of blondes in the finnish-baltic nations is much higher then the germanic speaking countries from statistics and my own humble observations.

Last edited by Nephilim; Thursday, February 8th, 2007 at 07:30 PM.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Lappid
    Country
    Southwest Africa Southwest Africa
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    Grandparent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Brown eyes are quite common in swedes because many swedes have wallons ancestry like this
    http://img.aftonbladet.se/sport/0607...ekwall-839.jpg
    http://www.zetterbergfan.com/Pics.html
    Wallon ancestry is probably very overestimated. Of course it depends on where in Sweden you live, but I wouldn't say these are particularly common types. This kinds of totally subjective and empirical "evidence" and arguments are obviously not worth much though.

the haircolour of the swedish are mostly
    http://www.expressen.se/content/1/c6...6/63e98ab2.jpg
    Her hair is dyed. So yes, that might be one of the most common hair colours in Sweden, since many girls dye their hair. And yes, they dye and pluck their eyebrows too.

Yes, this is ash-blond, very common.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Regarding Nephilim's comments about mushrooms, a Bulgarian friend once told me that in Russia, especially around the Urals, mushroom hunting is a hobby among the local people. Evidently, they take long walks in the forest to hunt for their mushrooms. I have encountered on couple in the USA who did this and would make long drives and long hikes into real wilderness areas for this purpose. Perhaps this was a much more common practice in earlier days.

Again, to Nephilim, meat such as reindeer, bison or any animal feeding on natural vegetation should have plenty of vitamin D in its meat. I am assuming the early Finns were a forest people. Was getting meat a problem?

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Lappid
    Country
    Southwest Africa Southwest Africa
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    Grandparent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sv: Re: Blondism - is it a Finnish or Germanic trait?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff View Post
    Regarding Nephilim's comments about mushrooms, a Bulgarian friend once told me that in Russia, especially around the Urals, mushroom hunting is a hobby among the local people. Evidently, they take long walks in the forest to hunt for their mushrooms. I have encountered on couple in the USA who did this and would make long drives and long hikes into real wilderness areas for this purpose. Perhaps this was a much more common practice in earlier days.
    We do that in Sweden too, a lot. Never really reflected about it being uncommon..

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

One thing that strikes me is that how come that the finns are more blonde and blue-eyed than the germanic speaking countries can it be that blondism is a trait from finns rather than indo-european peoples.In finland there lived an man called Axel Olof Freudenthal 1836-1911 he was the founder of Svenska Folkpartiet i Finland (swedish peoples party of finland)
    a party for swedish speaking finns,and he was an strong opponent against finnish speaking peoples and a very racist guy against finns.Axel olof classified an typical ideal swedish speaking finn as dark haired because dark hair separates him from the finnish speaking population that are very blonde.
    As already said the shades of blondism is quite different among etnic Finns and Scandinavians. The scandinavian blond hair being more golden and coarse, usually wavy or curly. The Finnish, or finnic type being finer or thinner more fragile and extremely straight, predominantly some sort of ash-blond shade. Usually its accompanied with disgusting pale-greyish skin. An ugly type of hair (finnic) unless its been highlighted with platinium shades.

I truly understand what the great Axel Freudenthal meant with his his disdain over the Finnish hair type, although it might have sounded odd.

BTW Last summer in Hultsfred, Småland, Sweden I observed almoust every bloke had blond hair, (Its lot better to observe haircolours on men. Women dye the hair more often, if men chemically treat their hair, its usually only slight highlights) In Stockholm region the blond hair type wasn't not that common compared to inland parts of Sweden where basically every man and woman was blond. Even my Finnish buddy, who doesn't have any interest in physical antropology mentioned how much more there are blonds in Sweden than in Finland. To me its always been Sweden with most blonds.
    Last edited by PeterThaGreat; Friday, February 9th, 2007 at 09:36 AM.

Last Online
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Religion
    Angry protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sv: Re: Blondism - is it a Finnish or Germanic trait?

Quote Originally Posted by peterthegreat View Post
    As already said the shades of blondism is quite different among etnic Finns and Scandinavians. The scandinavian blond hair being more golden and coarse, usually wavy or curly. The Finnish, or finnic type being finer or thinner more fragile and extremely straight, predominantly some sort of ash-blond shade. Usually its accompanied with disgusting pale-greyish skin. An ugly type of hair (finnic) unless its been highlighted with platinium shades.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterthegreat View Post

I truly understand what the great Axel Freudenthal meant with his his disdain over the Finnish hair type, although it might have sounded odd.

BTW Last summer in Hultsfred, Småland, Sweden I observed almoust every bloke had blond hair, (Its lot better to observe haircolours on men. Women dye the hair more often, if men chemically treat their hair, its usually only slight highlights) In Stockholm region the blond hair type wasn't not that common compared to inland parts of Sweden where basically every man and woman was blond. Even my Finnish buddy, who doesn't have any interest in physical antropology mentioned how much more there are blonds in Sweden than in Finland. To me its always been Sweden with most blonds.

finland has the highest percentage of natural blondes in the world after finland is estonia. i live in sweden and born and raised here and i work here as an hairdresser so i know the hair types and i say from my own experience that my swedish customers are 70%non blondes and those who got blonde hair is usually as you said earlier golden types.i have dyed many girls hair to the whiteblonde that type finns are known all over the world for, and many swedish celebrities want that typical finnish ash blonde.

here is pictures on typical finnish blondes http://www.veke.net/fashion/kuva6.htm

http://www.suomenkansanmusiikkiliitto.fi/Varttina%202006%20pressfoto1.jpg

http://www.modelmission.fi/_modelfiles/_fmodels/_models/_3/_model.htm

but i agree with you fully on... that in sweden there are places were many villages has many blondes.

and that thing with axel olof frudenthal he didn´t sound so odd to the the minority of people in finland who he was speaking to that was in minority in finland. and totally alien to the blonde majority of finns it´s an proven fact that the swedish speaking nobles in finland were much darker than the finns.
    for an example swedish speaking https://www.hanken.fi/student/media/1780/henrikehrnrooth_liten.jpg

finnish speaking http://www.meinberlin.de/fototouren/bilder/702/050723_MERCEDES_Raikkoenen_dpa.JPG

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
    Subrace
    Teutonordid (Hallstatt)
    Crossed in love
    Occupation
    student/musician/
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Sv: Re: Blondism - is it a Finnish or Germanic trait?

finland has the highest percentage of natural blondes in the world after finland is estonia. i live in sweden and born and raised here and i work here as an hairdresser so i know the hair types and i say from my own experience that my swedish customers are 70%non blondes and those who got blonde hair is usually as you said earlier golden types.i have dyed many girls hair to the whiteblonde that type finns are known all over the world for, and many swedish celebrities want that typical finnish ash blonde.

and that thing with axel olof frudenthal he didn´t sound so odd to the the minority of people in finland who he was speaking to that was in minority in finland. and totally alien to the blonde majority of finns it´s an proven fact that the swedish speaking nobles in finland were much darker than the finns.

Everyone in the pics has dyed platinium blond shades, as a hairdresser you should've noticed it. Vanity is a hobby of mine (not gay) and I happen to know something on the topic as well. Trust me the finnish girls are not born with that colour except extremely rare minority. (they have extremely blond eye-brows as well) The Swedes are the most biggest comsumers of bleach per capita. I know that majority of them highlights or dyes their hair, however it results in a slighly different pigmentation than typical Finns are able to reach with their hair type. Its true that Finland has a very big percentage of blondes, the typical example being Kimi Raikkonen and Mika Häkkinen, however their shade differs a lot from the typical Scandinavian curly, Golden blond hair. I usually call them Finn-blonds as opposed to blonde people in Scandinavia.

BTW the Swedish speaking man in the pictures happens to be Henrik Ehrnrooth, a well known aristocratic business tycoon. He is a Relative to the former head of armed forces Adolf Ehrnrooth.

Last Online
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Religion
    Angry protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

None of the pictures of the girls i sent has dyed platinium exept one of the värttinä girls it doesnt take an gay man to figure that out

Trust me the finnish girls are not born with that colour except extremely rare minority. (they have extremely blond eye-brows as well) The Swedes are the most biggest comsumers of bleach per capita. I know that majority of them highlights or dyes their hair, however it results in a slighly different pigmentation than typical Finns are able to reach with their hair type. Its true that Finland has a very big percentage of blondes, the typical example being Kimi Raikkonen and Mika Häkkinen, however their shade differs a lot from the typical Scandinavian curly, Golden blond hair. I usually call them Finn-blonds as opposed to blonde people in Scandinavia

im an finn myself and spend 8 weeks a year in finland i have even worked in finland in an so called parturi [hair saloon) in riihimäki so i speak from experience and i have never ever heard an finn say can you dye my hair blonde.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast