Subrace
    Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dinaric Features in Belgium

I am a Belgian, and i see LOTS of people with dinaric and alpine features here. Some look Spanish.
    I don't understand some Flemish nationalists who see Belgians, even those in the north, as Nordic types mostly. I just don't see it. Maybe there are some areas in Flanders where the nordic features are slightly more dominant, like in West-Flanders province, but i have had colleagues from there who were very dark.
    Blondism is something more common amongst children and younger people. Apart from Blondism, people here have often a roundish face, caused by broad cheekbones (not by a small head, i have read Belgians have the largest heads in Europe or so...).Nordic features are mostly seen in blue eyes and (mostly dark) blond hair. Foreigners also say that we have often an olive-ish/grey-ish skin color... And our stubbornity is reflected in our 'ethnic' features.
    If you watch Belgian TV, you'll see what i mean. You'll rarely see a "true aryan". I have only seen a few of those here, and one of them is Dutch...

Here are some Famous Belgians (not only with dinaric features)

Some Belgians (politicians)

Other famous Belgians:

Last edited by Bhairav; Monday, February 5th, 2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 02:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Re: Dinaric features in Belgium

I see what you are saying. Do you think these are the majority? You live there...

Could you post any pred. Nordid Belgians or better yet a full spectrum of racialtypes that you think best represents the regions of Belgium you have personally visited?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 @ 06:22 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The majority... well i dunno, but in my eyes those types seem dominant.
    Nordic features are best seen in younger people, mostly in hair and eye color. Many blond children here, but natural blondes amongst adults are a minority.
    There ARE nordic types here, but i can't come up with as much examples as those above...
    There is always something "wrong" about a nordic here: often a dinaric face, too short, too dark skin...
    Here is a "nordic":

I'll try to find more examples...

Last Online
    Monday, July 12th, 2010 @ 12:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Wallonia
    Ancestry
    Wallonia
    Subrace
    WESTISH
    Country
    European Union European Union
    State
    Antwerp Antwerp
    Platonic love
    Politics
    Soral/Zemmour
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhairav View Post
    There is always something "wrong" about a nordic here: often a dinaric face, too short, too dark skin...
    Here is a "nordic":
    This is the case with any continental nordids, nothing wrong with it. Norids, Keltic nordids, North atlantid... the short Nordid is something seen in northern france as well.

Half of the people you pictures are politicians, the ugliest/oddest caste of any country. They are not representative of Belgians at all; they are even less nordid than Walloons and I am one.

Now, the CM/UP element and the Atlantid element are very frequent all over Belgium but it's true for the Netherlands as well.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    This is the case with any continental nordids, nothing wrong with it. Norids, Keltic nordids, North atlantid... the short Nordid is something seen in northern france as well.

Half of the people you pictures are politicians, the ugliest/oddest caste of any country. They are not representative of Belgians at all; they are even less nordid than Walloons and I am one.

Now, the CM/UP element and the Atlantid element are very frequent all over Belgium but it's true for the Netherlands as well.
    You seem to claim that nordic people here are hidden and the dinaric "superrace" has the power here...
    I didn't mean "wrong" in the litteral sense (obviously, i used ""s).
    I do think they are representative, except for the case that they look smarter than most people.
    And i don't think all people that i posted are ugly.
    Whenever i walk outside in public places, i see people with simmilar types of features, except that they appear (i am sorry to say) dumber.
    I am new here, i am not sure what CM/UP means.

Last Online
    Monday, July 12th, 2010 @ 12:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Wallonia
    Ancestry
    Wallonia
    Subrace
    WESTISH
    Country
    European Union European Union
    State
    Antwerp Antwerp
    Platonic love
    Politics
    Soral/Zemmour
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhairav View Post
    You seem to claim that nordic people here are hidden and the dinaric "superrace" has the power here...
    I didn't mean "wrong" in the litteral sense (obviously, i used ""s).
    I do think they are representative, except for the case that they look smarter than most people.
    And i don't think all people that i posted are ugly.
    Whenever i walk outside in public places, i see people with simmilar types of features, except that they appear (i am sorry to say) dumber.
    I am new here, i am not sure what CM/UP means.
    As a typical belgian you seem to be in love with your own country (sarcasm).

Take a look at Nazi Germany: Their politicians were far from specimen of the nordic race contrary to its inhabitants: Himmler, Goering, Hitler himself were far from nordic, but they were at the top. This is the case with say modern Sweden as well, their politicians are less nordic than the average swedes.
    I don't think that Nordics are "hidden" and Dinarics are a "superrace" but dinarics are known to have leadership skills that's why you see them in high positions. In the Flemish countryside you can see nordic people more than in the cities as far as I saw.

Now I think that the whole "blond hair blue eyes" is a superficial nordic trait, and in Belgium those traits are mostly seen among females, both in wallonia and in flanders, like those two (a walloon and a flemish):

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    As a typical belgian you seem to be in love with your own country (sarcasm).

Take a look at Nazi Germany: Their politicians were far from specimen of the nordic race contrary to its inhabitants: Himmler, Goering, Hitler himself were far from nordic, but they were at the top. This is the case with say modern Sweden as well, their politicians are less nordic than the average swedes.
    I don't think that Nordics are "hidden" and Dinarics are a "superrace" but dinarics are known to have leadership skills that's why you see them in high positions. In the Flemish countryside you can see nordic people more than in the cities as far as I saw.

Now I think that the whole "blond hair blue eyes" is a superficial nordic trait, and in Belgium those traits are mostly seen among females, both in wallonia and in flanders, like those two (a walloon and a flemish):

It may be possible that nordic features are seen more in countrysides, but most people here live in urban areas. Of course this is all in general, becuase here any type of feature may pop up anywhere.
    Those two women aren't Swedish looking, but indeed show very nordic features. They are rather "stocky".
    Indeed, women seem to look more pale than men. But many women here bleach their hair. You often see those dinaric types that try to look like swedish women who went on an expensive trip. They mostly fail and it looks hideous.
    I think Belgians look like a "perfect" mixture of different ethnic features. And i also think that nordish types dissapear slowly thru the generations. Even foreigners that come from countries where people are dark say that we're not as nordish as they expected from a country where they speak a germanic language...
    On top of this, there is a MUCH bigger difference between how Dutch people (from above the Rhine) and Belgians (+many Dutch from Below the Rhine) look, and the difference between "Flemish" and "Walloons".

About loving Belgium, not really, but i have a strong adverse towards Flemish nationalism. Its based on a collective identity crisis amongst people that are desperate for a frame of reference in this "complicated" changing world.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Baskid
    Politics
    Atlanticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Some random Flemings:

Last Online
    Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trønder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

http://www.boombal.be/ all the flemish people you want

Even foreigners that come from countries where people are dark say that we're not as nordish as they expected from a country where they speak a germanic language...
    i think you talk real bullshit

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for everyone for posting pix and links to show exactly what i meant.
    I never said we're like spanish or italian. I was talking about features, waarnemer. I just said that non-nordic features are extremely underestimated here and not as dominant as some of those old maps of its distribution claim...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast