Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Dinaric features in Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post
    Tobback's granddad was a salesman (tapestry), and married a girl he met while being on a business trip in the Ottoman Empire.

Who you are is absolutely crucial to all your observations, it matters, always - reality depends on you. That's why Skadi Forum gives each member the opportunity to create a fairly large profile.
    You really hallucinate nordics in Belgium/Flanders. You just pick out nordic types and focus on them. Sure there are nodric features, especially manifested in eye and hair color. But its just not the same as "true nordics", which are very rare here. I really think there is an identity crisis going on amongst a certain amount Flemmings.

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhairav View Post
    I really think there is an identity crisis going on amongst a certain amount Flemmings.
    You're obviously referring to those who continue to support the Belgian state, against the interests of their nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhairav
    i have a strong adverse towards Flemish nationalism. Its based on a collective identity crisis amongst people that are desperate for a frame of reference in this "complicated" changing world.
    You really hallucinate nordics in Belgium/Flanders. You just pick out nordic types and focus on them. Sure there are nodric features, especially manifested in eye and hair color. But its just not the same as "true nordics", which are very rare here.
    Nordids would be rare, yes. But nordics - not Nordids, mind you - and nordic features make up a great deal of the Flemish population. And not the like of Louis Tobback.

You got no basic respect for Flemish identity, Flemish concerns or nationalism & you post swarthy pictures of "Flemish" people whose background you never checked. That's my conclusion.

But I guess, after we go for Dinarid, our identity crisis will soon be solved here, up north, ain't it? Curiously, but I'm not buying it.
    “War is waged by men; not by beasts, or by gods. It is a peculiarly human activity. To call it a crime against mankind is to miss at least half its significance; it is also the punishment of a crime.” - Frederic Manning, The Middle Parts of Fortune

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 @ 06:22 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am noy buying what you say.
    When I look around me. I rarely see much that suits your opinion.
    I was talking about features by the way, not entire faces.
    So maybe both our opinions suit in one face, if you know what I mean. What you think about that? :p

Last Online
    Thursday, March 4th, 2010 @ 05:12 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland
    Subrace
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Married
    Occupation
    Officeworker
    Politics
    Leftwing
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How does it come that there are some many Dinarics in Belgium?
    For me it's not the typical Dinaric country (or is it a Dinaric country ) ?

Last Online
    Friday, August 7th, 2020 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Belgium
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Utah Utah
    Happy
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Liberal
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I am a Belgian, and i see LOTS of people with dinaric and alpine features here. Some look Spanish.
    I don't understand some Flemish nationalists who see Belgians, even those in the north, as Nordic types mostly. I just don't see it. Maybe there are some areas in Flanders where the nordic features are slightly more dominant, like in West-Flanders province, but i have had colleagues from there who were very dark.
    Blondism is something more common amongst children and younger people. Apart from Blondism, people here have often a roundish face, caused by broad cheekbones (not by a small head, i have read Belgians have the largest heads in Europe or so...).Nordic features are mostly seen in blue eyes and (mostly dark) blond hair. Foreigners also say that we have often an olive-ish/grey-ish skin color... And our stubbornity is reflected in our 'ethnic' features.
    If you watch Belgian TV, you'll see what i mean. You'll rarely see a "true aryan". I have only seen a few of those here, and one of them is Dutch...

Here are some Famous Belgians (not only with dinaric features)

Some Belgians (politicians)

Other famous Belgians:

Yes, there are Belgians who would definitely qualify as Dinarids. However, Belgium is definitely not your typical or commonly Dinaric country. Belgium is more of the Nordid (Keltic variety not so much Hallstatt), Borreby, Alpinid and Subnordid country. Other types are found, but they don't dominate, also there are some North-Atlantids, Dalofaelids, Atlantids too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Germaniathane For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234