Country
    European Union European Union
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Dinaric features in Belgium

i noticed also that... seem that the rhin was like a kinf of wall for the romanization of the germanic peoples---- is you go over the rhin you will find predominantly very blonde people...if you go below the rhin you will see europeans with mixed features of different places of europe (not the real aryan of book)

Last Online
    Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 @ 10:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Lotharingian
    Ancestry
    Germany, Netherlands, France
    Subrace
    reduced brunn without freckles
    Country
    France France
    Family
    since a few years already
    Occupation
    Finance
    Politics
    Racial conservative
    Religion
    Vatican II catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your observation is true : At random, Belgium, especially Flandern, falls close to the nordic, but there is in fact a great disparity : there are a lot of atlanto mediterraneans on one side (which you may confound with dinarics) and a lot of "Upper Paleolitics" (UPs) on the other side (those stocky people with large cheekbones, light brown hairs and blue eyes). The average of both populations produces a celtic nordic or at least a north atlantid, but certainly not a Halstatt nordic that is predominant only in Sweden. This recalls me a study of CS Coon concerning northern Albanians and Montenegrians, where he expected to find many dinarics and where he eventually concluded that there was only a coexistence of tall UPs and of dark pontids.

As concerns the physical type of the belgian politicians, they are all the more dinarids, that they are mixed by excellence, since most politicians belong to the national upper class, which is generally a synthesis of the different elites that have contributed to the building of the nation during the previous centuries.
    "Within a century, Europe might become a myth, like the Atlandid of Plato. Some historians will probably doubt that it ever existed" (Pseudo Schoppenhauer Complete SMS Collection, part I)

6th army lives matter
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,510 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhairav
    It may be possible that nordic features are seen more in countrysides, but most people here live in urban areas.
    No they don't. There live close to six million people in Flanders. Those living in cities number:

Antwerpen: 457.729
    Gent:230.735
    Brugge: 116.246
    Brussels: 300.000 (300.000 Flemish that is, max, but nobody knows for sure since 1947)

Immigrants included.

These are the only cities we have, and most of the habitants still live in a semi urban setting. If you just leave the center of a Flemish town you'll soon end up in a suburbia, with flahes of naked nature.

Even foreigners that come from countries where people are dark say that we're not as nordish as they expected from a country where they speak a germanic language...
    You know some strange people.

I don't know if you're either Flemish or Walloon - but since your "Tribal affiliation" notes 'other' it's still a mystery - or isn't it?

I can't imagine I'm living in the same country as you do - my observations are totally different. I can't speak for all Belgians, I don't live in Wallonia.

Maybe there are some areas in Flanders where the nordic features are slightly more dominant, like in West-Flanders province, but i have had colleagues from there who were very dark.
    Well, and I claim that I only know a handful people - literally - with brownish eyes. It's true as well.

Despite all observations - recent research (Dutch) pointed out how the Flemish are genetically more linked to the peoples to the north and east of us, than to the south.

Also, you make a thread about Belgians but you only relied on Flemish people in your depictions - moreover, most of them are part from the postmodern progressive establishment - there should be limitations to one's ambitions.

I found your selection to be so random (though you get some credit for posting Daeseleire - the last guy), you could've easily proven nearly anything else about the Belgian phenotype - and that's why I'm keeping an eye on this thread from now on.

Louis Tobback is half Turkish. How can you judge the Flemish/Walloon people with pictures of racial disasters?

Wendy Van Wanten. She's quite a unique face in Flanders (hence her popularity).

Willy Claes, Steve Stevaert, Dewinter - they're history's ugly mystery - and by no means representative of the Flemish or Walloon peoples.

If you watch Belgian TV, you'll see what i mean. You'll rarely see a "true aryan".
    There's nothing wrong with your TV, who would own a TV set presenting you with "true Aryans"?

I wouldn't even like that anyway, because, when you spoke of Flemish nationalists dealing with an identity crisis ( "i have a strong adverse towards Flemish nationalism. Its based on a collective identity crisis amongst people that are desperate for a frame of reference in this "complicated" changing world.") - I must add how Aryans on our tv screens would expose yet a deeper identity crisis.
    “War is waged by men; not by beasts, or by gods. It is a peculiarly human activity. To call it a crime against mankind is to miss at least half its significance; it is also the punishment of a crime.” - Frederic Manning, The Middle Parts of Fortune

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 @ 06:22 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post
    No they don't. There live close to six million people in Flanders. Those living in cities number:

Antwerpen: 457.729
    Gent:230.735
    Brugge: 116.246
    Brussels: 300.000 (300.000 Flemish that is, max, but nobody knows for sure since 1947)

Immigrants included.

These are the only cities we have, and most of the habitants still live in a semi urban setting. If you just leave the center of a Flemish town you'll soon end up in a suburbia, with flahes of naked nature.

You know some strange people.

I don't know if you're either Flemish or Walloon - but since your "Tribal affiliation" notes 'other' it's still a mystery - or isn't it?

I can't imagine I'm living in the same country as you do - my observations are totally different. I can't speak for all Belgians, I don't live in Wallonia.

Well, and I claim that I only know a handful people - literally - with brownish eyes. It's true as well.

Despite all observations - recent research (Dutch) pointed out how the Flemish are genetically more linked to the peoples to the north and east of us, than to the south.

Also, you make a thread about Belgians but you only relied on Flemish people in your depictions - moreover, most of them are part from the postmodern progressive establishment - there should be limitations to one's ambitions.

I found your selection to be so random (though you get some credit for posting Daeseleire - the last guy), you could've easily proven nearly anything else about the Belgian phenotype - and that's why I'm keeping an eye on this thread from now on.
    I was talking about urban(ised) areas. They don't matter anyway.
    It doesn't matter wether I am flemish or walloon, its not the point of my thread. Neither is DNA the point of this thread, I am talking about my experiences of how people LOOK, not the blood in their veins. Besides, DNA results can be interpret in many ways.
    About those foreigners that say those things about people here: those are some that say that, especially Turks. I didn't claim they say we look very simmilar, just that there are simmilarities. Please don't exaggerate what I said about this...
    All I was proving on the Belgian type that there is some underestimation in dinarisation, don't react as if I claim we look like genuine Italians or so.
    I didn't post any walloon becuz i can't come up with any walloon names. And yeah i gotta admit i focussed on Flemish people. And i didn't know he is half turkish. O_o

I don't care about identity. I only care about my observations.

PS: I wrote an error:
    I just said that non-nordic features are extremely underestimated here and not as dominant as some of those old maps of its distribution claim...
    This should be
    Last edited by Moody; Wednesday, February 7th, 2007 at 11:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Last Online
    Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trønder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

brown eyes don't make a person nongermanic and not even always nonnordid (im classified as nordid and i have them), in flanders light eyes stand for about 50% of the population, so that can look low but if we see that in scandinavian nations it only reach over 75%.. btw there is no nation in which brown eyes are uncommon, blondism in scandinavia is highly overrated, secondly a comparision between flanders and wallonia is utternonsense since the franks had their hartland in wallonia. All people posted can pass as germans up to bremen. i agree though that the saxons appear more blond (not the nordids, but mostly UP are that, above the rhine in the netherlands it seems to burst with borrebys..), but nevertheless the franks where germanics and one of the most successful, so yeah for us

@Parsifal other then that i didn't know about tobback - shame on me

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its not true about Tobback. It would be a well known fact, and he is too old to have an immigrant mother... Probably some Hunnic DNA that popped up, or a strange coincidence of features that are typical for asians in one face... Who knows. Probably Lord Shiva does.

I have read that blondism slowly disapears because its genetically weak or so... Does anyone know its true?
    Last edited by Moody; Wednesday, February 7th, 2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling/removed tag

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, January 4th, 2010 @ 12:05 AM
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    Politics
    rock'n'roll
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What's the ethnic difference between Flemish and Dutch?
    It's kind of small like Serbs and Croats?

Last Online
    Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trønder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
    What's the ethnic difference between Flemish and Dutch?
    It's kind of small like Serbs and Croats?
    the flemish are dutch, its a political boundary, the flemish are even more dutch then the frisians, there is less difference between a person from drenthe and one from flanders then between a north german and an austrian (and i should know, since im flemish but my mother is from drenthe)

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Don't know
    anarchy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waarnemer View Post
    the flemish are dutch, its a political boundary, the flemish are even more dutch then the frisians, there is less difference between a person from drenthe and one from flanders then between a north german and an austrian (and i should know, since im flemish but my mother is from drenthe)
    I thought we were closer to Germans than to dutch...

Last Online
    Monday, July 12th, 2010 @ 12:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Wallonia
    Ancestry
    Wallonia
    Subrace
    WESTISH
    Country
    State
    Antwerp Antwerp
    Platonic love
    Politics
    Soral/Zemmour
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can spot a Flemish from a Dutch, a Walloon from a Flemish, and a French from a Walloon, even though it overlaps.

Dutch are longer headed and blonder than Flemish, Walloons are an intermediate bunch, fleshier faces, and the French have smaller heads than Walloons.

Anecdotically, where I live in Wallonia there are a LOOOOT of french people (it's the 1st "immigrant" population), and we used to spot the french girls vs walloon girls, and we noticed than French girls have almost all that pointy chin while walloon girls have rounder features, french are darker and thinner, more "gracile"; walloon girls can be more beautiful, but have much less charm than french women (because of the accent).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast