Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you hit on someone you like?

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 01:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post How do you hit on someone you like?

http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/...9_phrases.html

How do you hit on someone you like?
    03/15/2004 16:00
    Summer days are getting closer.now seems to be the perfect time to enrich your vocabulary with great phrases to start a conversation with someone you find attractive. The first step has to be extremely well-planned. The first step is never easy.

Obviously, everyone follows his/her own "system" when it comes to such matters. After conducting a survey of about several thousands young individuals, British scientists were able to draw the most optimal one.

The most popular and sure question was the following: "Can I offer you anything to drink?" The "top 5 phrases" category includes the following phrases: "I see you for the first time, but it feels like I"ve dreamed of you already!", "Did you get hurt when falling from the garden of Eden?", "Would you like a cocktail or would you rather prefer cash?", "Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I approach you second time?".

There is also a list of the most ridiculous looser-phrases: "could you tell me what time it is?", "Let me help you to take off your jacket, it seems to be too tight", "I was foretold that I will die in the next 5 min; would you be kind enough to make them worth while?", "You would look nice in this dress on my bedroom floor."

Overall, refrain from dumb jokes and hideous remarks. It will be much better to come up with an original expression and your future romance is guaranteed!

Source: Expert Center

Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 10:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Posthuman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Re: How do you hit on someone you like?

I usually just introduce myself and say what comes to mind - "You are very beautiful" works better than any contrived "line," I think.
    "Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil." - F. Nietzsche

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 25th, 2006 @ 02:22 AM
    Subrace
    The Other Seedline
    Politics
    No-bless O'Bleeg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't have to, they always "hit on" me first!

I'm also pretty shy around guys, so I wouln't jus approach someone like that.

Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 10:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Posthuman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mynydd
    Scoob, does that really work for you? The first thing that comes to my mind is the last thing I would say
    Well, I didn't say it comes out like Shakespearan verse, but I start with the basics. It actually works pretty well most of the time, if there's a mutual attraction. The body language and chemistry is much more important than the sometimes clumsy words people say - which is why I think pick up lines are a little absurd.

And Adelaide - you're a shy Southern girl! Aww. Nothing wrong with that - just play with your hair, lick your lips, and let the guy think of corny things to say.
    "Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil." - F. Nietzsche

Last Online
    Saturday, October 22nd, 2005 @ 12:04 AM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

My question is: How can you like someone you haven't already tried to hit on?

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 7th, 2004 @ 11:34 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Finance & Accounting
    Politics
    misanthropic redneck
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: How do you hit on someone you like?

Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    My question is: How can you like someone you haven't already tried to hit on?
    I agree.
    And I also agree with Blackadder
    O.A.
    Norman-Cimmerian

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, April 3rd, 2006 @ 10:17 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Talk politics.

Last Online
    Saturday, October 22nd, 2005 @ 12:04 AM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I know a guy who was the colleague of a beautiful girl. He was always wacky, an artist, she was more of the uptight, morally sound type.

He had a 'thing' for her, she didn't even notice.

He didn't know how to out his feelings, until one day, she came in wearing some tight white, almost see-thru pants. He saw her, but didn't comment on anything, he hid the fact that he was sexually aroused by her appearance that day.

When she walked out of the room, he leaped onto a table, and started theatrically simulating sex, yelling her name, we laughed our asses of with his little performance.

We were all shocked ( especially the guy ) when we realized that the girl was standing behind us, she witnessed the entire hilarious performance. An uneasy quiet, as we waited for her reaction.

Nothing happened that exact day, but a couple of days later, they were together.

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 08:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mynydd
    I'll tell you what works for me. Well, it works sometimes and others provokes all kind of expected and unexpected situations which can provide some fun.

Look at your victim with some discretion, but letting her notice that you are targeting her. When she directs her look at you direct your eyes towards hers, not too fixed at first, but increasingly. Ok, now you are exposed, so there is no honour in stepping back. See what her reaction is at all moment.

If you feel that she's returning your staring in some kind of acceptance, approach her slowly, and start a conversation. Watch what you say, if it's clumsy the prey might run away scared. But being clumsy sometimes works too, if you smile and laugh and tell her that you are nervous and embarrased. I don't know why, but some women love that.

If you still feel a cold distance, a smile might help. But don't stop staring at her eyes or you'll fail miserably. Try to tell her with your eyes that you are fascinated, but above all avoid a lascive look in your eyes. If she returns an icey look, smile at her in a cheecky way, making her understand that she has just lost a good chance. I know it's cheeky, but you will leave with your head up... and you might let her wondering.

As you see, no much speaking involved in all of it. Why the need to speak when what you are after is something altogether different? If you wanted to speak, you wouldn't be in a place where the music is too loud to carry with a proper conversation, would you?

Now you guys can accuse me of being a Med craze with a high Negroid-like sex drive. I love you too
    Well said!

the strategy that you accurately described is highly used in Italy, but after that stares exchange part usually the guy will try a verbal approach with the girl.. if she accepted the staring part there are good chances that the approach will work

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 7th, 2004 @ 11:34 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Finance & Accounting
    Politics
    misanthropic redneck
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    I know a guy who was the colleague of a beautiful girl. He was always wacky, an artist, she was more of the uptight, morally sound type.

He had a 'thing' for her, she didn't even notice.

He didn't know how to out his feelings, until one day, she came in wearing some tight white, almost see-thru pants. He saw her, but didn't comment on anything, he hid the fact that he was sexually aroused by her appearance that day.

When she walked out of the room, he leaped onto a table, and started theatrically simulating sex, yelling her name, we laughed our asses of with his little performance.

We were all shocked ( especially the guy ) when we realized that the girl was standing behind us, she witnessed the entire hilarious performance. An uneasy quiet, as we waited for her reaction.

Nothing happened that exact day, but a couple of days later, they were together.
    That guy..well things worked out for him....but it could have easily been a 180 for him too!
    I have seen similar situations, where the girl is astonished (or appears to be ), and is totally turned off ...and the relationship, even the platonic one, is gone. Hey, life is somewhat of a crapshoot when it comes to relationships with the opposite sex -- sometimes things work, and sometimes they just don't.

These females are sometimes very hard to read, no offense ladies . And of course, in their defense, sometimes they just want a friend and friendship, nothing more...not necesarily a good salve for the male soul, but it is what it is friends.
    O.A.
    Norman-Cimmerian

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast