Alabama Alabama
    Family
    Grandparent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Baldness, Hair Loss, Thick Hair, Body Hair... and Europid subraces

I've been wondering how hair types & proneness for balding correlate with Europid subraces. For instance, my fiancée probably has the same subrace as me, Nordid with possible EB/CM influences. She looks very much like my sister, not only regarding the face but they also have similar body types & height. However, both me and my sister have very thick hair. Hairdressers always comment on this, that it's exceptional.

(Here is my classification thread, with some genealogy info too)

Not only do I have thick hair on my head, which I've likely gotten from my father's side, but also quite alot of discinct body hair. Not exceptional, but still, more than most of my friends. This however, I think comes from my maternal grandfather, who had alot of chest & back hair, while I already have more than my father, being only 22 years old.

My fiancée however, has thin hair - very discinctive from mine. Her maternal family line & looks resemble my maternal, and her paternal my paternal, and as I said she looks quite a bit like me & my sister. She's told me her brother has quite a bit of body hair (and hairy feet, like me & Frodo ). No one in our families suffers hair loss or baldness.

Is hair thickness not related to subrace? What is known about how it's inherited?

Thanks.

Last Online
    Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Nordid/Keltic admixture + CM
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Friesland Friesland
    F*ck politics!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Baldness, hair loss, thick hair, body hair...

Yes, im my opinion there is a huge different between Nordids and Cromagnids. Nordids often have thin hair and go bald at young age. And Cromagnids have rather thick and rough hair then the Non-CM.
    Germanic Ethnic, Cultural, Spiritual and Racial preservation

Last Online
    Saturday, July 4th, 2009 @ 08:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Landsturm View Post
    Nordids often have thin hair and go bald at young age.
    Is there any evidence of this hypothesis? My genes seem to condemn me to this sad fate
    "The heavenly motions... are nothing but a continuous song for several voices, perceived not by the ear but by the intellect,
    a figured music which sets landmarks
    in the immeasurable flow of time."

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 @ 05:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Kurtz, if you want to determine whether you're doomed to baldness or not then look at your maternal grandfather. The baldness gene apparently is given to you by your mother, so there's a good chance that if your mother's father is bald then you will be too.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 18th, 2007 @ 07:13 PM
    Single, looking
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I suspect that there is no relation. Cro-magnidis and Nordids exist as a single population; there is no genetic barrier. We classify individuals with mostly Nordid traits as Nordid and individuals with mostly Cro-magnid traits as Cro-magnid. The race of individuals today is determiend by chance, for the perfect Cro-magnid or Nordid today almost certaintly has ancestors from both races.

Looking at a single trait is like looking at blood types. One could call blood type B a mongolid trait, but there is no purpose for doing so, for the origin of blood type B is not important now that it is widespread and has no relation to the specializtions or geographic trends which we use to define the races.

As for thin hair, I have always considered it a Nordish trait which pertains to both the Cro-magnids of northwestern Europe and to Nordids. When I picture the classic red haird Brunn, I picture him with thin rather than coarse hair. Coarse hair I associate with Mediterranean types: both the Mediterraneanids and the southern Cro-magnids.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

AW: Baldness, hair loss, thick hair, body hair...

We are cro-magnid types, in my family, and every one of us has thick hair, with many hairs on the head. Baldness if any, coming only in extreme old age, and then just a little receding in the front. The texture itself can vary between course and fine, my dad has coarse wavy hair, while my moms is fine and straight. I got my dads hair type and my moms color, while my brother got my moms hair texture and my dads color.

I've specifically read of east baltics having wiry or coarse hair, and remember, this is also a characteristic that goes along with being robust. So since UP types are robust in their physical build it follows that they would also often have robust (thick) coarse textured hair.

According to Günther's The Racial Elements of European History:

The hair has a hard, even a stiff, texture. Each hair is (as in the Alpine race) thick. The hair of the beard, too, is stiff; it grows thin, although the individual hairs may grow fairly long. The East Baltic hair is fair, but more inclined to be ash-blond than gold-blond. The golden or reddish undertone of the Nordic race is wanting; in its stead a grey undertone is shown, which may be more, or may be less, decided. Thus the East Baltic hair shows shades from faded blond shot with grey down to more or less dark ash-blond. East Baltic hair might be called ash-blond as against the gold-blond Nordic hair. In childhood both the Nordic and the East Baltic race often show whity-yellow flaxen hair. All over the east of Europe, where the latter race is more strongly represented, red hair is less often found than in North-west Europe, where the Nordic race is more strongly represented.
    One thing about Günther is that he doesn't acknowledge any UP types, rather putting them under the umbella with nordics. If he would have though, I'm sure they would have been included here.

About Nordic hair:

The hair is smooth and sleek or wavy in texture, in childhood it may be curly. Each hair is thin and soft and often 'like silk.' In colour it is fair, and, whether light or dark blond, always shows a touch of gold, or a reddish undertone. Nordic hair is best termed gold-blond, but it should be borne in mind that both the lighter (especially in childhood) and the darker (especially after childhood) blond hair is found.

In men and women who are light blond in youth there is often a later darkening to dark blond, or even to dark brown hair. This last case is probably to be explained on the supposition that with such persons inherited Nordic tendencies in hair-colouring are overlaid later by tendencies other than Nordic.

Red hair, in many cases, so long as it is reddish blond or golden-red, can be called Nordic. True carroty hair, however, must be held to be a phenomenon which (like Albinism) may be found in any race (Rutilism, Erythrism).

The beard in the Nordic race has curly or rippling blond to red-blond hair; it grows fairly thick.
    It doesn't really go into thickness much here, and one is left to assume that pure nordics have thinner hair (they aren't very cold adapted) and in accordance with observation, I've rarely if ever seen a halstatt nordic type who had thick hair. Just look at the girl's thin braids on my avatar!
    With thin hair the tendency a person has to lose hair with age is much more obvious, thus creating baldness.

After a woman has a child its common for her to lose much of her hair for a short time. I lost about half of my thickness of my hair after the births of my children, but even then people were still commenting on how thick my hair was, even though for me it was 50% thinner than usual.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NordicPower View Post
    According to Günther's The Racial Elements of European History:

One thing about Günther is that he doesn't acknowledge any UP types, rather putting them under the umbella with nordics. If he would have though, I'm sure they would have been included here.
    He does acknowledge UPs in later editions of his works. The reason for the lack of UPs in older editions simply is that Cro-Magnons were not known to science back then.

http://www.white-history.com/earlson/phalian.htm

From Rassenkunde des deutschen Volkes (16. Auflage; 1933) Thanks to NP for proof reading :
    The (Phalian) head hair apparently is more dense, at least stiffer than that of the Nordic race, maybe less often straight, more often wavy or curly, or even tightly-curled. It seems to keep more robust up into higher age than that of other European races. Its color seems to be the same as that of the Nordic race, maybe the tendency towards reddish tones is stronger.

Tolerance is a proof of distrust in one's own ideals. Friedrich Nietzsche

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

One way to judge thickness of a persons hair is to put all of it into a opny tail and measure around the ponytail with one of those soft measuring tapes like tailors use to take bodily measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyklop View Post
    He does acknowledge UPs in later editions of his works. The reason for the lack of UPs in older editions simply is that Cro-Magnons were not known to science back then.

http://www.white-history.com/earlson/phalian.htm
    That would definitely be interesting to know about, I wasn't aware of his later works until now.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 @ 07:17 AM
    Family
    Currently dating
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    European Nationalist
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Re: Baldness, hair loss, thick hair, body hair...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Is there any evidence of this hypothesis? My genes seem to condemn me to this sad fate
    You need to look after balding relatives from your mothers family.

Usually especially from the maternal side, since hair loss and body hair usually comes from your mothers family side.
    At least that’s what I heard and read view years ago.

Take me for example:

I started losing my hair, when I was about 19 years old and was shocked because my dad up until now has got a full head of hair.
    However all of my mother’s brothers (2 of them) are bald at the front and back and her father too.
    Now I am 33 and have a receding hair line without actually being completely bald. And my hair loss seems to have slow down drastically without me using any of those hair loss products. (I don’t want to stop my hair loss with those bleeding chemicals only to realise that I am growing MAN-BOOBS instead :laugh: )

SO when it comes to hair, you need to check your mother’s family tree J
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 @ 02:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Both my Grandpas went bald. I think I’m starting to go bald myself and my future on that looks bleak. When I picture bald men I think of big overgrown UPs that are rich CEOs, politicians, etc. Patrick Stewart went bald at 19.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast