2. Götatyp from Järna
    3. Götatyp from Äppelbo
    4. Trönder types from Ore
    5. Tröndertyp from Ore 2
    6. Tröndertyp from Western Rättvik
    7. Tröndertyp from Western Rättvik
    8. Västmanlandstyp from North Gagnef

These are not from Dalarna:

9. Västmanland types from Eastern Västmanland and Närike (the modern form that we use: Närke)
    10. The text says: "Klassisk rena" nordtyper enl. konventionell uppfattning. homo cœsius electus sensu Bryn 1929).

It means "Classically pure" Nordid types according to conventional apprehension.

Source: DALA-ALLMOGENS ANTROPOLOGI by Bertil Lundman (Uppsala, 1945)

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Nordids from Dalarna

Quote Originally Posted by Volksdeutscher
    I promised to post some Nordids from Dalarna. So here they are:
    As always, Volks., thanks for posting primary source material.

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Post Re: Nordids from Dalarna

Quote Originally Posted by Suomut2_13
    As always, Volks., thanks for posting primary source material.

Indeed! Excellent plates, Volks. Thank you!

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Lightbulb #346

I've seen in my own personal life a hundred or more English-American women (from the American South) who look PRECISELY like the woman, #346 in this pic.--> http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachme...achmentid=8791 ...same-identical face, blonde skin, brunette hair (of one shade or another), blonde irises (of one shade or another).

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Post Re: #346

Why not, I do not doubt that all. I saw many American ladies from the south who very much resemble Doris Day (although I read that she was from Ohio). I guess that these are mainly from a German source, although there are those of the Phalian type in England too, and even in Northern France (through a Germanic element). The lady that you commented on look nothing else than a Phalian that is perhaps a bit more gracile than usual. She could fit in even Germanic Switzerland. She is in fact very similar to the Swiss lady I posted before. I will try to scan the pictures from Hans FK Günther's section "Die fälische Rasse" from the book "Kleine Rassenkunde Des Deutschen Volkes". They are also found online (Karl Earlson, a Nordicist man) put them up. I just might be able to make better scans.

Your comment is not so strange, as Lundman had a clear intention when he put those two pictures in his work. He wrote in page 118 "Anmärkas bör kanske till slut, att B 346-347 huvudsakligen äro medtagna för utländska läsares räkning."

Which is in English: "In the end, one ought to remark that, picture 346-347 are principally included for foreign readers behalf."

So they are there for people like you. I think that it is very difficult to determine the colour of any hair except platinum or light blonde hair and coal black hair. The distribution of light and shadows can give a different appearance from one photo to another. Also red hair look darder in black & white photos. That lady in picture 346 seem to have light brown (look at the roots in front) hair, but we cannot be sure.

It is only my opinion, but I believe that her physical type is not typical for Sweden (she is taken from Bryn and could be Norwegian, but I will try to find out) and may therefore be of a type that is more common among people in the Anglo-Saxon world, that is those who are not only descended from England where such people invaded the land and left their imprint, but also the original region in Schleswig-Holstein in Northwestern Germany and Jutland (Jylland) in Southwestern Denmark. Northern Netherlands is anthropologically similar and Nyèssen (himself Dutch) did claim that it is closer to England than to Germany. It might even be true in the linguistic sense, at least for Frisia.

There are some exceptional Nordids in England (alongside those who are less so ). Swedes have of course on average lighter hair, but there are as many light-eyed individuals in some regions of England (and the rest of Britain). England is just more crowded, thus it is more difficult to understand the anthropology of that more densely populated land. It does not mean much else than that you can find a greater variation between individuals there. There is a greater chance for variations when the numbers of people increase. Nothing odd. I can see that families in England differ more from one and another than they do in Scandinavia. I saw the least difference between the worker class and upper class of Norway, as it is more rural. Sweden had a more aristocratic society than Norway, but the difference is still not as big as England.

The picture that most people tend to have about North America is a Nordid man and a woman. You just need to see some classic movies from the Good Ole' Times when men dressed and behaved like they should and women were feminine. I cannot say whether this is only a view that we got or if it is also true. Some anthropologists did try to refute that and I could of course quote them, but perhaps we should leave that now.

It think that it is only that media is confusing people in Europe and elsewhere so to believe that Americans are "very mixed". Some Americans may be so, but I think that the general picture is that you can see very different faces which people mistake for a "mixed society". What I observed even in California is that people are much more conservative than here in Northern Europe. I mostly think of how they raise their children. I also assume that California is much more liberal than the region where you reside.

I have never been in the American South, but only in California and the nearby states. I am sure that there is plenty of things to see in the American South. Most Americans that I talked to when I was in California were very negative about the idea to visit that region. That put me off a bit, although I should see it for myself. It is amazing how all these fair-skinned blondish people can make it in that hot climate.

I have an uncle in California who told me that many elderly Whites (mostly Nordids) left that state because of all the troubles (probably a bit racial). I am not saying that America should not be for everyone. I do not have a right to decide who should be there. However, the issue is, as I see it, that it is equally wrong to repress other people as it is when you give a higher living standard to a mass on the expense of the natives (not the Amerinds, but those who built the modern civilisation in the USA, who are mainly Nordids from Northwestern Europe). All the politics disrupt the life of common people, especially senior citizens who have no place to go.

Attached picture is of Doris Day. Just look at that beautiful face. See what a wholesome look she had. Really classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Suomut2_13
    I've seen in my own personal life a hundred or more English-American women (from the American South) who look PRECISELY like the woman, #346 in this pic.--> http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachme...achmentid=8791 ...same-identical face, blonde skin, brunette hair (of one shade or another), blonde irises (of one shade or another).
    Last edited by Glenlivet; Tuesday, March 9th, 2004 at 05:18 PM.

Last Online
    Saturday, April 28th, 2018 @ 05:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Katarinensische
    Subrace
    Dinarid
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry if it´s sound stupid... but how can we differenciate Götatyp ,Tröndertyp and Västmanlandstyp metrically?

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 03:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I see women and men of the Gotatyp a lot in the south. The only type that I see rarely is Phalian, which I have always thought of as "foreign looking." I feel bad that we are represented by Blacks mostly at the Olympics, it gives foreigners a different impression of what the United States is actually like.